Waves Will Rise On Silent Waters

Think Outside The Dome
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Waves Will Rise On Silent Waters

Kris hadn't experienced luxury like this since China. He hadn't even had his own bed since China! Now, however, he was in a room with just one other person and a whole bed to himself. The room was a good size and a tall mirror stood against the outside wall. You could see out of two nautical windows, the setting sun having glowed orange outside the boat and now nothing but black remained. It was cosy and Kris couldn't hep but feel safe. Tao felt safe too, as he laid in Kris's arms and looked at the elder through the tall mirror opposite them.  Tao thought Kris didn't look half as happy as he should, but then again, the younger knew his Ge wasn't, in fact, happy. 

"Why do you let this happen?" Kris wondered as he kissed the top of Tao's hair. Tao's black roots reminded Kris that he didn't look after the younger enough and he promised himself he would get Tao back to normal the second he had a chance. 
The answer to the inquiry was simple, though, "I love you Ge." Tao supposed, still studying them both in the reflection as he didn't want to look up and disturb the way they were bothlaying.  Kris did have this in mind though and carefully moved Tao from his bare chest. The elder swung his legs over the side of the bed and sat with his head in his hands as he groaned. 
"Every time I do this." He scolded himself, "every time I do this to you I feel like , Tao!"
Tao merely remained laid,cladded in the sheets of the bed. He didn't want to move and only resorted to hugging a pillow to his chest while sighing. 
"I don't care," Tao told, not even facing Kris's back.

Tao was outwardly, a brat. He moaned constantly and seemed to only think of himself. Really, though, this wasn't true and Kris was the only one in his heart. Tao was just a kid, he was just 17 years old, and he had spent most of his life following Kris around. That couldn't change now, he didn't care if it broke him, but Tao was dedicated to his Ge and that was that.

"Taozi, please," Kris frowned, boring holes into the cream wallpaper ahead of him, trying to find a reason not to hate himself, "This is wrong."
Tao knew.  He was clever enough to know when he was being used, the fact he didn't mind was a whole other story.
"I love you Gege," Tao told once more, mumbling into the pillow sadly, not wanting the elder to see his face. "I just want you to be happy."
But Kris wasn't, he was confused and much too sober. Actually, Kris needed an anaesthetic for all this emotion and thus got up to find one of the joints he rolled earlier. 

"I see how you look at Suho hyung." Tao proclaimed out of the blue. Causing Kris to stop in his tracks, not far from the dresser where he was holding his stash. Kris didn't look at Suho like anything...did he? No, Tao was just being paranoid. "You look at him how I look at you, and how he looks at Lay Ge." 
Kris scowled as he dug through the small pouch on the side and angrily grabbed his lighter. Tao was just a kid, he didn't know anything about relationships. Lighting up the spliff, he looked nothing short of fuming. 
"Tao-ah, please, Suho and I are just close." Kris seethed, his back to the beds as he looked at his face in the mirror. 
God, he looked rough.
The last week had been hard on him and left his skin plagued with irregularities. His eyes were red, yet, he supposed that could have something to do with the weed . Worse yet, his hair had matted into a gross mess of grease and still remained unwashed for nearly two weeks. Kris wondered why Tao claimed to love him so much when he was such a wreck. In need of a distraction, Kris decided to take the elastic band from his locks and tried to tackle the problem all while smoking. 

"Don't patronise me." The younger demanded and sat up, looking around for Kris's clothes. The taller's bare was taunting as it had paraded around the room, Tao needed Kris to put on his underwear. "I know, and... It's okay."  Tao pursed his lips as he too located and dressed in his pants. He needed some fresh air and some time away from his Ge to clear his head. Maybe it all wasn't quite as alright as Tao liked to pretend, but what choice did he have? "If doing this with me helps you forget about Suho, then so be it." Tao shrugged, suppressing any feelings he had and leaving them on Kris's bed as he got to his feet.  Maybe he would crash with Sehun and Kai tonight. 

"That isn't how it is Taozi," Kris explained with little effort as Tao grabbed his T-shirt and threw it over his head. Usually, he would be more careful of his hair but it was all messed up anyway so bothering would be redundant. 
"No Ge," Tao smiled bitterly, "That's exactly how it is." He supposed as he made a B-line for the door. "Call me if you need a worthless hookup." 
Kris's big eyes rolled as Tao swung the door open as dramatically as humanly possible. 
"Wait, Tao lets talk about this!" The elder proposed with little diction, he was honestly too tired to care. Maybe Kris was becoming too much like Lay, the weed, the alcohol, the utter selfishness, it was a complete match. 

Tao smiled to him pitifully, "Take a shower, Kris." He mentioned with thin eyes and wondered what he was really doing.  Lately, Kris had been in a downhill spiral, maybe Tao could do better.

"Yo, wazzup losers." 

"Tao please get out."
Tao scowled, "That's Tao

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter