We Make Hard Decisions For The Ones We Love

Think Outside The Dome
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We Make Hard Decisions For The One's We Love

For the second time that day, Sehun woke up in Sulay’s bed and it was only this time that he realised that was what it was, a bed… he didn’t have a bed, just a thin mattress. The young boy pouted and sat up, he remembered going to sleep in Suho’s arms, yet now the elder was nowhere to be seen.

Sehun was reluctant to leave the confines of the grey tinted, sheets as he was once again exposed to the cold air. The long t-shirt he was wearing along with the jogging bottoms he had gone out in yesterday were really not that insulating. The room made him uncomfortable as if with every patch of damp and every random word carved into the cheap wallpaper screamed profanities and reminded him that from now on, nothing was okay.

“Ahaha, Sehun-ah stopped crying I see.” Tao chirped up from next to the fireplace, his messy bed hair covering his eyes.
“Yes… “ Sehun was already in a foul mood, he didn’t need cage boy’s snide comments at the moment.
“Aren’t you wondering how I know you were crying?” Tao smiled smugly.
“No… I don’t really care.” 
“Because we all heard you wailing! You’re almost as bad as Suho hyung!”

Sehun’s attention was averted from the tall, foreign boy at the mention of Suho, who was stood awkwardly in the kitchen wearing nothing but an oversized shirt on his small frame, shivering as he chopped some nasty looking vegetables. Now Sehun began to see everything bad about the place he lived in. He hadn’t previously noticed the cigarette butts in the fireplace or the missing floor boards around the edge of the room. It was only when his gaze averted to Chanyeol picking at the wall that Sehun saw that most of the off-white wallpaper had peeled away leaving a patchy spread of plaster over the bricks, some of which were visible too.  As the young boy looked around the room he noticed the flowers Suho had put out were sat in vodka bottles filled with grimy looking water, even the flowers looked sad as they were wilting before Sehun’s very eyes, ironically, mimicking Suho. 
Everything about this place was sorry.
The scars that ran over Baekhyun’s head that he usually made a point to cover but accidently let his hair fall differently today showing them to the world. To the shrinking candles scattered around the dim room, now, lit solely by the natural sunlight peeking through the one long window along the top of the outside wall.
It was like a prison in here… but colder.

“C-can s-someone go and wake D.O-ah, the o-oven won’t light a-again,” Suho requested in a shaky voice. It was apparent to Sehun that while he slept the blonde boy just hugged him, awake and alert, he was tired, and it showed. This caused some guilt to arise in the younger.  How long had Suho been like this? Maybe he had always been this way; maybe Sehun was too self-concerned to notice. It hurt the pale boy to think that he had been too selfish until now to really see Suho for who he was and it hurt even more that this was, in fact, who Suho was. Suho was sad, grief-stricken and trying his utmost best to keep this family afloat not the careless, loving hyung that Sehun knew him. But what has been learnt cannot be unlearnt so, for now, at least, this was Kim Suho.

“You should just ask Lay-gege to do it like he always does.” Tao requited smartly, obviously missing some vital information.
“But Yixing isn’t here,” Suho said quietly, almost silently as speculations grew rife.
“What… Lay-gege is what?”
“Lay-ge is gone,” Suho repeated in a way Tao would recognise.
The Chinese scoffed and rolled his eyes “Why would he be gone… you’re talking crap” Tao stood up, he knew what this was; it had happened before, Lay and Suho fighting over stupid things, Lay walking out and returning a couple of hours later a bit drunk and 100% sorry.
Suho wasn’t about to take lip from Zitao,  not today. “LISTEN TO ME! YOUR GE IS GONE ZITAO!”
“NO HE IS NOT.”
“Yes… yes, he is…” Suho said softly “I know it, this time, this time, I really lost him.” Sehun, Chanyeol and Baekhyun all stared at their protector who was now sitting against the kitchen cabinets, hugging his legs. The rest were still sleeping but they probably wouldn’t be for long.
“NO! No, he’s not! You say this all the time, ALL THE TIME! And he always comes back, he loves us!”

Suho calmed his voice but it grew more frantic as his epilogue concluded. “It’s not like we need him, it’s not like I need him… it’s not like I unwillingly let him go… he didn’t walk out on me! He didn’t walk out one me just like, JUST LIKE THEY DID!”
Tao stopped.
Everyone stopped.
Kris awoke and stood quietly in the doorway to his room as did D.O
But no one said a word.
No one made a sound.

The only thing filling the air were the blonde boy’s sobs as he sat on the dirty, cold ground and buried his face in his knees. Sehun swore he could hear the mice scattering around under the floorboards as the tension grew, he for one, wasn’t comfortable with breaking the silence but luckily someone was.

“Hyung?” Chanyeol got up and walked timidly towards Suho, sitting next to him before the elders head fell onto his shoulder.
“Lay hyung hasn’t left you; you’re freaking adorable! No one could abandon you.”
(“Did he just use ‘freaking adorable’ as a reason…” Baekhyun muttered.”)
“Aha, I wish that was true…” Suho sniffled before sluggishly getting to his feet; the change in mood was frightening, to say the least. “…But it’s not, it happened and I got over it the best I could, and due to all that I am the strong, independent person you see before you.” D.O entered the room upon thinking Suho would need consoling, he wouldn’t want umma to have one of his ‘episodes’ again.
“Suho hyung… what… what are you talking about? Lay hyung only left last night it’s not so much past but present, why… why are you speaking like that?” D.O said with worry in his tone.
Suho laughed obnoxiously tears still in his eyes “you don’t get it do you?.” It seems they didn’t  “this isn’t new, it’s not even surprising, I’ve been abandoned more times than Baekhyun’s had one night stands-“
“HEY!”
“-I’m used to it!-“ Suho walked around the room aimlessly, hysterically laugh/crying in every pause he took until his back was to the front door. “-and… and now Yixing has gone!”

Suho half expected his love to come through the door just then, unexpectedly and sudden. But things never quite worked out like they do in those ludicrous fairy tales and suho could only sigh dejectedly and sink further into himself as his family watched on in regretted. Suho, despite being sure Lay was gone, almost expected him to come bursting through the door, equip with a plethora of dumb apologies.
Something similar happened, yet it fell just short of what was anticipated.

Heavy footsteps could be heard ascending the carpeted stairs and slowly making their way up to the door. Suho’s eyes glazed over as he teared up and a clear pre-empt sigh of relief left Tao. Suho swiftly turned around tears falling from his eyes as his wide, dark orbs laid upon a more messy version of Lay.

Suho, despite relief still felt some anger with the other “You’ve been out all night.” He said frozen in his spot, trying not to stutter or hiccup as liberation entered his body, leaving him weak from overwhelming emotion. “I was worried.”
The other shrugged, having nothing better to offer “I know, I’m sorry,” Lay said, his tone was sincere leading Suho to believe him.
“Never do this to me again! You hear me!” The blonde boy said sternly but the hysteric tone to his voice lightened the mood as he hung his arms around his boyfriend’s neck.
“Never do what again? I haven’t done anything wrong up until now!” Lay asked taking Suho, of who was sobbing by now, into his arms. Lay lifted the teary boy of the ground and felt him wrap his legs around his waist, clinging on for dear life like a koala. 
“If you say so Mr Unicorn, but if you ask me, almost leaving c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter