All Great Ideas Are Dangerous

Think Outside The Dome
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

All Great Ideas Are Dangerous

Sehun sat under the dismal night sky with one eyebrow raised and brought a hand up to scratch his head. Due to the wind and the desert-like terrain they were resting on, Sehun was kind of dusty and very itchy. He had wanted a hot shower for a long time but never more so than now. “That was… conflicting.” He commented hesitantly.

Chanyeol scowled, “No… it’s perfect; it has everything!” Baekhyun nodded in agreement and Sehun decided, after hearing all that, the pair was weird.
 “It has romance, heroes, a damsel in distress, evil Kris hyung… Kai… I thought you were quite the fan of our little Kim Jongin-ah?” Baekhyun wiggled his eyebrows as Sehun’s expression dropped.  Everyone was so persistent that he liked Kai… just no…
“I’m going to bed.” Sehun deadpanned in disgust, looking around to unveil exactly where his bed was within this barren land.
“With Kai-ah?” Chanyeol and Baekhyun asked in terrifying unison, eyes wide and intense.

Sehun slinked off with a confused and disgusted half-smile, his face convulsed in complete confusion. He got faster and faster as he got away from the scary pair of creeps who may or may not chase him to oblivion. Sehun was searching for his sleeping bag as he walked and could only curse mentally as he spotted it lying limply next to Kai’s exposed body. It was a warm summers evening  yet the pale boy couldn’t help but wish it was a cold winter’s night, not as if that would actually make a difference; Kai didn’t choose not to wear much, he just didn’t have much to wear.
Sehun looked behind to see his and Kai’s fans showing thumbs up as he fell down in defeat.

“What have you been up too?” Kai sleepily requested as Sehun stripped off his own shirt, deciding it was indeed way to hot for clothes.
“Torture, I’ve been tortured.”
“Oh, Baekhyun and Chanyeol hyungs?” The other deadpanned, eyes still shut and blocking out the dark, dusky world around them.  “Yeah, I got out of their web a while back.”
“I know.” Sehun rolled his eyes reminiscing the half an hour he spent listening to the Chanbaek love story of the year.

“So, money.” Luhan reaped up the topic everyone was avoiding whilst sitting with Suho, Chen and Lay around the fire “If we are going to get to ‘Kris hyungs magical land which may or may not exist’ we will probably need it.”
“I’m going with probably not existing,” Chen announced, looking at his nails inquisitively as if they were even more interesting than the truly thrilling people around him.
“Ah, young Jongdae-ah be optimistic, better to light a candle than curse the darkness.” Lay purred as he smoked the last of his god-knows-what.
Everyone in a mile radius rolled their eyes, “Yixing sweetie, we all know you’re Chinese so you can drop the proverbs.” Suho commented whilst taking the flaming joint from Lay’s lips and stamping it beneath his sore feet
“The does that even mean?” Luhan scowled, “we were talking about money for god sakes!”
Suho agreed, they needed to sort this before they reached the coast; they would need money to board the boat, no matter what others said insisted.

“Yifannie!” Lay screamed as if there weren’t 11 other people around him, some trying to sleep, Kris included. In fact, Kris had experienced the worse night sleep in his life; between the two of them, Tao and Lay proved to be terrible neighbours. The former, with his lover in tow, were amazing at arguing and fighting about absolutely anything, not that it was actually Suho’s fault. Tao wouldn’t leave Kris alone for a second, even after the taller explained to the little prince that it was too warm for him to ‘snuggle’ up; Kris hated any sort of ‘sleep touching’ and thus was so relieved when Tao and Baekhyun swapped rooms a few years back.

“Stop calling me that YIXING!” Kris shouted back groggily as he tried to peel his sweaty skin away from Tao’s loving embrace. He said ‘no’ to hugging multiple times yet the younger never ever listened, in fact, Kris might even have given up at some point.
“Get over here then, seeing as this convocation is your entire fault anyway.” This was a low blow on Lay’s behalf, something he was rather good at.
“You’re talking about money then?”  Kris sighed as he got to his feet, rustling his messy, clumped up hair – he knew he should have listened to Suho and got a haircut – and tying it into a short messy ponytail. Kris felt very pre-debut.  “For the record, I say we blame Sehun-ah; he’s the maknae.”

Suho sighed and got up; he was going to pack everyone’s stuff seeing as they would never get moving if it was left to anyone else. He still had the dreaded job of waking up Kai and explaining to Xiumin that he – with Sehun, D.O., and Kai – would have to sneak onto the ship without a passport, considering their illegal, non-existent and dead statuses.

“All in favour of blaming maknae,” Lay announced holding his hand in the air as Luhan, Chen and Kris raised their hands to reciting a chorus of “ye.”
“Sehun-ah you’re a .” Lay loudly called as he looked over his shoulder to check the other’s response.

Sehun was presumably still asleep but it seemed his ears were open nonetheless,  “and you’re a selfish, drugged up drunk.” He answered extremely particularly and articulately for how early it was “but no one ever calls you out.”
Luhan and Chen held back their eating grins the best they could yet upon setting eyes on each other lost it; Lay looked so taken aback and, frankly, it was hilarious to see him put in his place by a 16-year-old!  Lay gave them both the ‘don’t you dare’ face as he screwed the lid back on the bottle he had out and scowled towards the still occupied sleeping bag belonging to Sehun; the other was really very complacent considering the battle he unknowingly just picked.
“At least I’m not ing kai!”
“Who’s ing Kai-ah?” Baekhyun was inches away from Lay’s face as the latter stayed as still as humanly possible. “Who’s ing Kai-ah?”  Baekhyun whispered into Lay’s ear this time with deadly seriousness in his normally light-hearted voice.
“You- You- how did you get here… you were… over-“ Lay was blown out of this world and found himself wondering if he had been smoking something stronger than he had anticipated.
“I’m always here for Sekai.” Baekhyun deadpanned with wide crazy eyes.

Kai had pretended to be asleep for long enough now, “no one is ing Kai.” he told the weird people debating his and Sehun’s platonic relationship as he wiped the sleep dust from the corners of his eyes and stretched out his body, it had seemed Sehun had gone back to sleep after insulting the hell out of his elder. “Unfortunately.” Kai then added with a cheeky grin as Kris

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter