What kind of memory are you leaving?

Think Outside The Dome
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

What kind of memory are you leaving?

Sehun was home and sat with Tao on his bed by the time the story was finished, it was long but extremely interesting. Sehun knew that both Tao and Kris were close, yet he could never have imagined why… this was crazy.
“So… YOU’RE A FREAKING ROYAL?” Sehun bust out in hysterics after repressing it for so long.
Tao giggled and the flustered younger, “yup, hair to the Chinese throne.” He boasted but not in an arrogant way, more in the light of humour.
“You’re rich then?” Sehun asked eyes wide with anticipation.
Tao giggled again; this kid was funny, so interested in everything. It was nice; normally no one gave a damn about his stories.  
“Riches mean nothing in a totalitarian state Sehun-ah.” Tao found the younger’s ignorance strange but quite funny at the same time. It was if he had no concept of how the world worked at all.
“…a what.”
None… at all.
“Like… a dictatorship.” Tao further informed. He assumed Sehun’s ignorance could be blamed on the fact he was couped up in that dome all his life yet still wondered.

Tao didn’t know much about the dome, he had tagged along on a few of Kai’s excursions now and then. He had touched it and peered as far into the opaque glass as possible. Tao always found the topic exhausting because no matter how hard he tried he could never see what Kai could see. Kai always insisted he could see through slightly, Tao didn’t believe him.  Tao thought it looked like a prison of some sort at first glance and wondered what it was keeping in.
In reality, it was just holding people like Sehun. Tao thought this hard to get his head around, he wondered why they didn’t all just come out. He decided it must be corrupt. He would be right.

Sure enough, Sehun had more questions, and Tao was taken out of his daydream, “Like communism?” the younger asked sweetly; he knew no better.
Tao shook his head. “Not all communist regimes are totalitarian. Like, it isn’t impossible for a capitalist country to be a dictatorship.” He knitted his eyebrows. “what the hell were they teaching you in history class!”

“…well, before I left school, we were taught about the ill effects of communism on the world ‘post dome’ mostly.” Sehun recalled his childhood lesson’s in the institution he attended in his sector, “And how a capitalist regime is the only way to go: ‘the harder you work the more you will be rewarded, rewards bring privileges and privileges result in heightening in your social status.’ That’s what G-dragon told us.” Sehun recited causing Tao to scoff.
“Ha, sounds like you got yourself a totalitarian state right there.” He said with an off smile of irony but then added: “we used to have school here too.” As to change the subject after seeing the mind-blowing confusion on Sehun’s face.
Sehun shook off the previous comment. “What happened?” he quarried crossing his legs as to adjust his position on the uncomfortable mat. 
Tao was in no place to explain the ever happening decline of West Korea; he had only been here a few years, still, he tried his best. In the end, Tao knew more than Sehun, and that is all the mattered. “I don’t really know; but only the really, really clever kids got to go. Suho hyung should have gone but isn’t registered as a citizen, and  D.O. used to go too but then he ‘died’. The only one of us who went consonantly was Luhan Hyung, but he suddenly stopped, saying they tightened the grade boundaries and cut 80% of the students. He was given a job at the wool mill on the nice side of camp and shooed away.”
“Strange “Sehun muttered. “G-dragon said everyone needed an education in the dome.”
Tao shook his head with a smile “you seem to really like this ‘G-dragon’ guy.”
Oh, Tao couldn’t be more wrong.

It was around eleven when Kai finally returned to the room. His eyes were sleepy he seemed incredibly lethargic. Sehun debated whether to get out of his was as Kai had the least predictable personality on this planet and could be about to slaughter one of them.

“Where have you been?” Chen asked daringly laid on his stomach kicking his legs in the air like a child. He was cutting up one of Suho’s magazines as the elder had officially been told to throw them out and Chen had some ‘images’ he wanted to keep.
Kai flopped on his/Sehun’s bed only missing the latter’s Head by a millimetre as his body bounced twice. “Running errands with dad and step dad.” He moaned, voice hoarse with trauma.
A few around the room grimaced audibly, “… Don’t call them that.” D.O. spoke up. “;it’s weird.”

Kai scoffed as he avoided eye contact with the traitors around the room and merely hugged his pillow, “I’ll call them what I want; you’re not the one who had to spend two hours with them because Suho hyung wanted new damn mugs along with food supplies!”
“Well, you did break the window… and the mugs; Suho hyung wouldn’t have punished you that way if you didn’t.” Chanyeol kindly pointed out as Kai angrily got to his feet. The tan Korean had decided he would have to go to sleep before any of these idiots annoyed him so much that he got in more trouble. He hastily stripped to his boxers and got back into bed, moody as hell.  Sehun was pushed to the side ever so slightly and took the hint as to free up the quilt.
“You only have yourself to blame.” Tao tutted. Sehun could see the little smile on his sly lips.
Kai’s plan to sleep failed.
“WHAT THE FRICK” He squealed, voice growing three octaves higher. “You told me too!”
Apparently, this was amusing, “Kim Kai, you should know better than to think I would ever get punished for anything I did wrong,” Tao explained like a brat and Sehun could practically here D.O.’S big eyes rolling.

“Oh yeah,” Kai smiled deviously with his eyes shut as he resumed trying to sleep. He didn’t ant to experience the verbal abuse that he knew was coming his way. “Forgot you were , Dad, off.”

“EWWWW KAI!” Everyone hollered as a shower of cushions came down on the young boy’s head, sehun finding this unfair as he took a lot of the burden too.

Soon came the day that everyone had anticipated. It was time to leave the camp. It was strange for many of the boys as they had been born there and rarely ever left.  Everything was packed, and the journey to Incheon had been planned even if they didn’t know exactly where they were going after that.  Suho hoped Kris and Lay knew what they were doing because he sure didn’t.  Additionally, they still had the kids to think of… well they were all practically men now but acted like kids:

“WHO HAS MY BAG IT WAS HERE AND NOW ITS NOT!” Chen bellowed from the large bedroom and marched into the main room first thing in the morning after awaking from his sleep. His bag had been right next to him as he slept, and now it was gone!

Luhan rolled his eyes as he got up from his cushion to confront the complaining elephant in the room, “I put it with the rest, next to the door you hooligan!”
Instead of thanking his elder Chen’s eyes glowed red “HOOLIGAN! WHO ARE YOU CALLING A HOOLIGAN?”
Between the two, a full blown verbal war broke out. Words flew around the room, and profanities were exchanged. Emotions were higher than ever due to the stress of the day thus onlookers could only shake their heads. That was until Baekhyun inter

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter