There Is No Death, Only A Change Of Worlds

Think Outside The Dome
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There Is No Death, Only A Change Of Worlds

As he apprehensively crept further and further Sehun started to notice vital things that reminded him of the book he had held so dear… well one thing, in particular, something Sehun quickly considered a sign in favour of his survival:
The Sun.
Sehun looked up in amazement, his small mouth agape as he left the dome behind once and for all, it was very different to how The Dome displayed it, for one it was more yellow than the reddish purple he had been used to and far lower down, he also swore he could see some skinny trees in the background, standing sparsely across the arid terrain. Sehun bravely ventured further out before the door suddenly slammed down behind him causing him to flinch violently and glance back briefly with sorrow in his large dark eyes. The cold was eagerly biting at his calico skin with every gush of the howling wind that flowed in from the north, another thing he had never experienced before, the air was clear and fresh causing Sehun’s nose to run slightly; his sinuses were not used to such crisp air.
“What the ,” Sehun muttered harshly as he sniffled trying not to get snot everywhere. Was this place killing him already? Well, Sehun thought so at least.

The teenager looked longingly out across the flat land; he heard light, high-pitched tweets coming from the sky as he peered up at the brightening sea of grey above him. The harsh terrain ground was dotted with single blades of grass trying their best to thrive in this lethal environment. ‘Where do I go?’ he thought. ‘Maybe I should just go around The Dome, stay safe a while.’ Sehun listened to his conscience and did what he thought would best aid his survival yet The Dome was giant and Sehun knew it would take days to get round its immense perimeter. Sehun thus contemplated his options as he shifted his weight from foot to foot nervously, ultimately deciding to make a move was his best bet and didn’t want to stand around only to get devoured by the proclaimed ‘mutants’ that roamed the outside world.

Hours upon hours of trekking got Sehun nowhere, he just continued to run his small hand along the side of the Dome as he walked, hearing it squeak like a mouse every now and then, reminding him how dry it was out here. From this side, the glass was somewhat opaque and Sehun swore at times that he could almost see in. By this point, weather Sehun spoke aloud or kept his thoughts cramped in his mind made no difference, there was no one out here, no one to hear him.
 This world was his.  
“Maybe.” He cooed luridly as he walked slowly “Maybe whatever was on the outside tapping when I was painting could see me.” Supposing aloud, waking in a zig-zagged line as slowly as humanly possible, Sehun was tired and equally thirsty, this was the end, this was how he would die.
It was written in the stars.
But wait… Sehun’s eyes grew wider and wider as he halted and his hand dropped from the side of the cool dome, he saw something in front of him situated close to the round structure directly in his destined path. At first, it was hazy and Sehun considered darting back the way he came yet, peculiarly, he couldn’t despite the knowledge that he may be about to encounter his first mutant. It was tall and lanky with a head of dense, chaotic obsidian hair. It had tan skin and Sehun could almost make out a face through the shimmering reflection in left on the dome.
It looked almost human.
Almost.

Sehun tried to gather his mind but, all of a sudden, jumped back; It had moved and thus startled him.  Consequently, the rainbow-haired teen fell onto his , hoping whatever it was, didn’t see or hear him; he was sure it was one of those mutants and didn’t feel like dying so soon; that would be pathetic.
 Sehun desperately scrambled to his feet and fell over again in the dusty earth.
‘What the hell! What was that? How could anything survive in this wasteland?’ Sehun’s mind was in overload. He wiped the dry sand like soil out of his eyes and sneezed violently over and over again each time making more noise than the last as his eyes began to water and he seemingly sealed his impending doom. He shook his head vigorously and blinked a couple of times to set himself straight and proceeded to get up, although when he finally opened his itchy eyes he was met by the long barrel of a gun.

“West or east!” The man at the end of the weapon demanded – lacking tone and without expression – in a language Sehun almost didn’t understand.
Sehun’s eyes grew wide with complete confusion; mutants were looking hot these days, not at all… mutant-y.  The boy stood tall and unwavering whereas Sehun had merely fallen back onto his , leaving him to look up in amazement; this boy was stunning and even if he was inches away from killing Sehun, Sehun saw it as a worthy death. He already decided he was going to die out here, why not at the hands of an angel?
Said angel wore tight black jeans covered in so many holes it was miraculous they held together and a pair of tattered trainers and, well, that was it, the tan boy was shirtless despite it being winter thus was driving Sehun insane.

“Are you from the west or east‽” He requested again but added some vital detail, more words.
Sehun needed words. 
“I-I’m from T-That.” Sehun shakily replied using the language that the former had and pointing to the dome, He knew all those hours learning Korean weren’t for nothing.
The tan boy lowered his gun and stared sceptically into Sehun’s small watering eyes. They avidly emptied silent pleading yet never managed to reap the empathy Sehun needed. This was a cruel world, that much was obvious, yet the subconscious energies that contemplated the enigmas of this situation were unaware and left the teen in anxious cahoots with desperation and pleading.
“Then what are you doing out here?” The other narrowed his tar black eyes, not distracting from the dirt covering his cheeks and the long scratch trailing across his left temple.
“I got umm.” Sehun looked at the white plastic bag he had dropped and fished out his Korean language book to check his pronunciation. He mentally praised his mother for her aid
“I got banished.”
The boy seemed to internally oppose the explanation yet ultimately shrugged, he didn’t really care yet still helped Sehun to his feet and started to quickly walk away, his long legs carrying him faster than the other could comprehend. He seriously he couldn’t care less about the newly orphaned teenager he had found; it wasn’t his problem.

“Wait! Where are you going?” Sehun shouted after.
“Home.” His tone was flat and disregarding of the child he had stumbled upon.
“Well, c-can you take me with y-you?” Sehun pitiably requested as he tried to catch up with what he considered his ‘lifeline’.
“Kris hyung said I’m not to bring back strays.” This boy’s robotic tone was already grinding on Sehun and ‘who the hell is Kris?’
“I’m not a cat you know.” The milky boy inappropriately joked as to make light of the situation as he covered the stretch of ground between them, hoping to find some salvation in this strange land.
“A what?”  The tan boy suddenly looked back at Sehun in confusion and annoyance yet the other saw this as a triumph as it brought him time.
“Never mind.”  He sighed ‘what they don’t have cats out here? Damn, I’m gonna miss cats… and dogs do they have dogs?’ he thought as he continued to walk, mind in overdrive as the bright sun blinded him in the short  intervals  the thick clouds provided.
“DOG!” Sehun randomly blurted out just to see if there would be a reaction.
“Seriously, are you insane? Stop with the random sounds!”
‘Damn, I guess not.’ He thought to himself, scratching the back of his neck as he tried his best to keep up with the other.
 “I’m Sehun by the way!” Sehun was back to being his happy self after he got over the shock of not having cats and dogs very quickly. In addition, he was finally able to properly catch up with his new friend and skipped along beside him as to keep in tow. Sehun didn’t care that he looked stupid right now because he needed this acquaintance more than he needed dignity. Trying hard was Sehun’s only hope.
“Ok…”  The other answered not taking his eyes away from the ground.
Sehun frowned a little “And you are?” he asked willing a hopeful smile to appear on his face; by smiling he felt able to block out his true sorrow;  He thought, maybe he could be missing his mum already.
“Kai.” The tan boy stated and he began to walk even faster.
“Well hello, there Kai, nice to meet you!”  Kai rolled his eyes as Sehun continued his ch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter