Maybe I'll Never Get Over You

Think Outside The Dome
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Maybe I'll Never Get Over You

As Kris, Baekhyun, and Kai trudged through the midriff of the camp, the youngest began to speculate beyond rationality. Kai remembered the last time they could find neither Suho nor Lay and his mind averted back to his feelings that day. They all knew what had happened as Chen had spied the pair leaving the camp, with large backpacks in tow, on his (then) job as a guard. Everyone had been furious and hurt in all sense of the word but the second the pair burst through that front door, regretful no doubt, no one said a word. Suho made up some bull about getting caught up at a security depot and Lay backed him up. Kai, for one, had only been with the group a month or so, yet was still the first to fall into Suho's arms with tears in his rich, brown eyes. Despite this reminiscing, Kai didn't mention anything to the other's in his company and only hoped to find the couple back at their residence. 

"So," Baekhyun skipped ahead a little despite not knowing where Kris, Lay and Suho had been living, "Whats the plan... short-term plan?" 
Kris shrugged, "Depends if we find these idiots," He deadpanned, kicking a rock along the path as they closed in close on where he was living. 
"We will." Kai insured with a dead gaze; they had to.
"Yes," Kris supposed and shook off the bad feeling that haunted him as he finally caught his place in sight. "I mean, we should get Suho-ah and Lay-ah, go find the others and then Rap Monster, no? Get it over."
This seemed like a great plan as, now knowing the truth, no one wanted to spend longer than necessary in this godforsaken place. 

As he approached the door, Kris noticed that the pile of glass he had left after smashing an ashtray that morning was still in place. This made his pale skin crawl as if bugs burrowed within him because Suho would have definitely cleared it up in any other circumstance. 
"Hyung?" Baekhyun beckoned as he pushed on the door, "It's locked, do you have a key?" 
Kris furrowed his thick brows as he reached down the back of his jeans, feeling for the cold metal of the jagged key. "Here," He exclaimed nervously has he handed it over to Baekhyun who easily slotted it into the door. 

As the opening widened Kris felt his heart sink. Even before looking in he could only hear silence and knew it was a bad sign. 
"Well?" Kai chirped up as he waited behind Kris, not bothering to enter the doorway himself. "any sign?"
Kris looked back solemnly as Beakhyun also begun to exit the room, "Their... stuff has gone." The elder Korean told looking extremely miffed as he pushed past Kris who was still stood within the door frame. "Like... both of their rucksacks are missing." 
Kris, with his mouth agape, looked back for himself. It was true, despite the lack of light in the room, it was easy to tell it was very empty. The clothes that had been laid around on the floor were picked up and many water bottles were missing. 

"What now?" Kai asked, his check in as he thought. His suspicions had basically been proven and the will to go one had practically left him. The air seemed colder now and the world, less forgiving.

"Now," Kris stated as he shut and locked the door to the room, faking optimism for Kai's sake. Kris noticed how the youngest's face dropped and knew he had to keep it together for the others, "we will rejoin the group and continue with the plan."
This was the only thing to do.
"Where did they say they would be?" Kris questioned Baekhyun who was just as dejected. 
"The park," Baekhyun stated monotonously as the trio started walking in the general direction of all the services in the camp. Unlike in the giant camp 64, Bangtan had a single epicentre which meant that most things of interest were located at the forefront of the area.  Kris, however, wasn't in the mood for putting one and one together and instead despaired in his lacking knowledge of the camp around him.
"A park?" He screeched as he threw his hands up in outrage, "How are we meant to know where a blooming park is? We aren't twelve!"
Baekhyun awkwardly nodded, "Actually, Chanyeol-ah and I have visited a few times - just once... maybe twice - He may or may not have flattened some kid on the slide..." 
Kai's eyes widened in astonishment, "What?" The youngest bellowed as a mental image of Chanyeol's fat knocking him down haunted his thoughts. A park was a place for fun, not ungodly terror.  "That's horrid!"
Baekhyun nodded indifferently, "Yeah," He cooed, "The kid cried for ages."
Kris grimaced as he was tormented by the idea of a crying child, "Just lead the way," He told, rolling his eyes. Kris didn't want to hear any more. 

", , ." Chanyeol chanted rhythmically as he jumped from the swing he was mindlessly riding and made a B-line for the child he had just impaled with his waving legs. Realistically, it wasn't Chanyeol's fault that the little boy had walked into his swinging space, yet the elder couldn't help but recognise this child as the one he had assaulted the previous day. Why was this kid's head so attracted to Chanyeol's clown feet?
"Hey, little dude, please stop crying." Chanyeol pleaded as he knelt next to the kid who was bawling on the bark ground before him. He was sprawled out like a pint of spilt milk, yet, unlike spilt milk, Chanyeol thought despairing over this was just.
"Please stand up," Chanyeol added, shaking a little and not wanting to touch the boy in fear of hurting him more. 

The tall Korean wondered where the child's mother was at and looked around desperately for any woman of appropriate age. Failing finding the child's mother, Chanyeol would find someone with a kind smile and a maternal instinct to fill in for a while. Luckily, Chanyeol didn't have to suffer long before a young woman

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter