We Fell In Love With The Lie

Think Outside The Dome
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


(Cuz I'm Sulay trash)

We Fell In Love With The Lie

"We have to stop doing this." Suho sadly proclaimed as he sat in the corner, legs hugged to his pale, flat chest. The light in the small box room was so low that he could barely see Lay's face but knew full well that the younger was staring him down. The lack of natural light actually left Suho's mind in a mess, he needed fresh air at once and proceeded to re-dress as fast as he possibly could. 
"Woah," Lay called, lacking the anger that once possessed his tone, "Whats up?" 
Suho grimaced as he searched for his shirt, having found his underwear and jeans in close proximity despite the darkness, "Whats up?" He mocked with baffled eyes, "What's up? What's up Zhang Yixing, is I'm tired of this up and down relationship!"
Lay scoffed as he too opted to get dressed. In an ideal world, the Chinese would want a shower but this wasn't an ideal world, this was Earth in 3020. 
"How is it up and down?" Lay questioned as he, once again searched for a light switch that he knew wasn't there, "We've been consistent for over a decade!" 
Suho deadpan stared down the apple of his eye. In the dark, Lay's pointed features softened and the subtle parts of him that, in harsh light, appeared scary were gone. Those eyes, though, Suho, despite the love he felt for Lay had always felt they lacked something... "No." Suho told, "I've been consistent for over a decade." 
Lay, having found Suho's shirt was now holding it hostage as he dressed. The Chinese grimaced as the sweat accumulated on his body saturated his clothes and dampened the material. "How so?" He sneered, wondering what he had been doing that was so terrible all this time.
As if it was obvious, Suho only shook his head and continued searching for his lost garment. Currently, the pair were, in fact, in a cupboard filled with nothing other than canned foods. For this reason...and this reason alone, it should have been relatively easy to retrieve what he had stripped off not half an hour ago.

"Firstly," Suho began as he momentarily gave up his search, still not realising that his shirt was in Lay's grip, "You drink constantly so I never know if what you're telling me is true or just a side effect."
Lay slouched back to the ground, leaning against the many shelves as he nodded. 
He guessed this was true. 
"Secondly, the drugs... they... make you crazy Xing." Suho furrowed his brows as he sat opposite the other. Still shirtless, but now realising where his top was, Suho fully gave up the hunt.  "You spend a lot on them and when you run out... it's like our love runs out too."
Lay sneered, "Really?" He proposed, "You know that isn't true." Zhang Yixing loved Suho with all his heart always, he may not have shown it at all times but previously had faith that his lover knew this.
Suho ignored the protest and merely went on listing his dissatisfaction with their relationship.
"All we do is argue, you're like a kid, You literally treat me like your personal slave, um, what else? Oh, you put yourself first always." Suho smiled as he finished, leant forwards and ripped his shirt from Lay's hands with one swift movement and a smug gaze. Suho didn't take pride in lecturing others but had become somewhat of a master of the art in the last few years. How Lay had avoided a beating thus far was beside the knowledge of most, but it was here now, very surly. 

Dumbstruck, Lay sat in silence. He contemplated what was said and knew he couldn't deny any of it. He didn't need to because he knew what he was, and apparently, so did Suho.  As Lay was selfish and naive, Suho had his own flaws. Lay sometimes felt like he was the only one who knew it and wondered why everyone else was so fast to dismiss Suho's mistakes. 

"And you lie." Lay deadpanned, not daring to look at the other as he spoke. It wouldn't matter anyway; the only light in the small space came from a window directly above the door and seemed to do no good. 
Suho grimaced, "About what?" He challenged; he wanted to know what Lay thought he knew... or worse yet, what Lay was certain he knew.
"Everything," Lay smiled sadly, his lips were pursed into a straight line and his eyes narrowed as his brain worked overtime. "Everything you have ever said is a lie." 

Suho bowed his head, he couldn't dispute being a sociopathic liar... he wouldn't admit it but he wouldn't deny it either. "You think?" He challenged, biting his lower lip and picking at his nails. Suho assumed he was an amazing liar, but he had been wrong.
"I know," Lay proclaimed very surely, he wasn't bitter, though, just accepting. Suho might have recognised this, despite the sight impediment, and felt sorry. "But," Lay continued as he shuffled to sit beside Suho instead of opposite him, "As long as you stay true about one little thing, you can tell me all the lies you want." 
Suho's expression contorted in confusion as Lay's tar-black eyes stared into his own, swallowing him whole once more, taking his concentration and taming his thoughts.
"What's that?" The Korean questioned contently, not wanting to ever look away from the void eyes before him. Somehow, one could easily fall into the empty holes in Lay's head, the sockets seemed to draw in light and thus absorb the things that dwelled in it. He was a monster - probably -but it was okay.

Lay in his cheek as to kerb the tears that were eloping his, aforementioned, vacant, eyes, "Tell me you love me, now and forever." He demanded desperately. Suho said it all the times, but Lay needed him to say it now, more sincerely than the Korean had ever said anything before.
Suho snickered and rolled his eyes but couldn't pretend his heart wasn't slowly breaking, "Until I die Xing!" He proclaimed acutely, "Oh god, do I hate you, but I couldn't love anyone as much as I do you!"
Lay harshly attacked his own reddened lips with his teeth as the tears that threatened to fall finally did, "You hate me?" He quizzed as Suho nodded.
"So much." The elder admitted, "But I'm a liar, aren't I?"
Lay laughed as he cried, "I can always trust that," He supposed as he allowed his head to fall onto Suho's shoulder as he cried. They were both the worse. 
Lay was a psychopath and Suho a sociopath.
It was a match made it hell. 
It was made in hell.

As he contemplated the distortions he had been told, Lay reali

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter