Bad Is Never Good Until Worse Happens

Think Outside The Dome
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bad Is Never Good Until Worse Happens

Tao and Kris sat nervously before an empty desk, the room was vast and lit solely by the natural light, flooding in through the large windows looking out onto the rest of the camp. Tao decided that they must have been at least three floors up in the only stone building for miles. Kris was less nosey of his surroundings and more wary of the people inside them. For one, Rap Monster seemed to be pacing the carpeted space, in such a way the eye contact was unobtainable. This made Kris nervous and was sure Tao would be nervous too if he wasn' too busy eyeing up the red, velvet curtains hanging over the windows. Tao hadn't seen curtains since China; Suho could never afford such a necessity. 
"So, I never asked," Rap monster began, still sauntering around the grand room, "what brought you this way?"
Kris uncomfortably shuffled in his seat, looking to Tao for some moral support but getting nothing. "That's what we wanted to talk to you about," Kris admitted while trying to seem as confident as humanly possible. Still, he felt he came across as nothing short of pathetic, which, for a man of his stature was truly a skill. Rap monster had the ability to make big men feel like children, and it was at work right now.
"Oh," The leader of the camp smiled slyly as he sat down in his chair, "what can I do for you?"
Kris awkwardly returned the smile, as Tao continued to be completely useless. The younger seemed to be contemplating their situation, yet Kris knew Tao better than anyone and knew this couldn't be true. 
"We are trying to get over to Canada, start again and-"
Kris was rudely interrupted by a splutter of arrogant laughter as Rap Monster sat back in his chair. Tao and Kris looked at each other in confusion as the younger seemed to stop thinking so hard and instead kicked his brain into gear.
"Right," Tao continued, "Like, Ge said, we are basically asking to leave and-"
Again, Tao was interrupted. 
"Canada is long~ gone." Rap Monster informed, watching Kris's face drop dramatically as the prince learned of the fall of his homeland. 
"What do you mean?" Kris stupidly inquired while leaning forward in anticipation. "How?"
Rap Monster shrugged a little as if the demise of a whole nation was nothing on, "Brazil finally took over the whole of the North American peninsula." 

Tao looked to Kris who sat stationary with his mouth held agape. He feared he would have to do the talking now as his Ge seemed to have timed out. Tao got it, though, or he thought he did because his own land was basically gone too. He knew in his heart that the great China he was proud to be in line to inherit was only a ghost of the current civil war in play. It was heartbreaking, but he had to go on. 

"Whisky?" Rap Monster offered to the awestruck western price in his presence, and Kris couldn't deny as a tall glass was poured out in front of him. Tao, however, was better focused and politely denied as he continued to pitch the worries of the members.
"All the same, Rap Monster-ssi, we would like to know when we can leave." The younger prince requested, clasping his large hands on his lap as the man before him pursed his large lips sympathetically. 
Rap Monster huffed matter-of-factly before laying it out straight to the men before him, "You know, I like you both," He admitted as he took a drink himself, "You are valuable."
Tao knew this much, as did Kris, yet the elder was caught too far within himself to take much notice at this point and Tao feared he would be fighting a losing battle without his intelligent counterpart on his side.

"You both may have noticed in your time here that West Korea is a shambles, obviously, that is why we separated but that hasn't been enough to keep us safe." Rap Monster sighed as he stood up once more, pouring another glass of alcohol for the taller prince as he did so, "We need out." 

Tao, despite being blonde both literally and figuratively, wasn't dumb and knew what this meant. Rap Monster may have even been surprised as the young royal voiced the leader's plans.
"You're using us as ransom?" Tao questioned and unfortunately hit the nail on the head. "Bribery?" 
"This time next week you'll be out the country, and so will Bangtan." 
Tao rolled his large eyes and tutted as his future was planned out for him and his intoxicated other-half. "And our friends?" Tao question desperately as he shot up in outrage, "What about them?"
Rap Monster shrugged with little diction; he had said what he needed to say and was thus done, "They can go too... if you want, it doesn't concern me, to be honest." 
Tao hissed as he ran his hands through his hair. Sure, the prince missed his family yet knew he couldn't go back like this, he would be hated. "Ge!" He summoned as he looked down at Kris, who was sitting somberly on his chair, without a hint of outrage. "Say something!"
Kris

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter