Every Cloud Has A Sliver Lining

Think Outside The Dome
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Every Cloud Has A silver Lining 

Kai hadn’t been in Suho and Lay’s room for a long, long time, partly because he had no need too but mostly because he hated it. Unlike all the hours Suho put into cleaning the rest of the house he never spent any time cleaning up his own room, all because he had no time due to spending it thinking about his family. ‘Yixing, don’t smoke in here!’, ‘Yixing, put the liquor bottles in the bin!’ ‘pick up your shirts!’, ‘pick up your pants!’ ‘don’t freaking on the sheets for sakes!’. Upon hearing all this anyone would think Suho was a nag but in reality he just wanted his partner to help him out a bit, but obviously, Yixing was useless. Caring, loving, oblivious but useless.

Kai knocked on Suho’s door, lightly, in fear that ramming on it any harder would destroy the decaying wood.
A few seconds had passed before he was answered. “Who is it?” Suho said quietly from inside.
“Uh, It’s Kai.”
“Oh… “ there was a pause “come in Jongin-ah,” Suho allowed as he opened the door slightly signalling to Kai that it was okay to enter. 

The first thing the tan teenager noticed was the eerie black stained ceiling ‘ewww’ at this rate Suho, and Lay were going to get emphysema. The second thing Kai noticed was Suho wrapping himself in the dirty sheets of his shared bed.
“Aren’t you going to wash your sheets hyung… I mean, I think I even see blood on them!”
“Oh God, really? It must be because of Xing’s haemophilia, DAMN I need to look after him better!” Suho mentioned slapping himself sharply over his cheek painting a look of horror on Kai’s face “I guess I was just caught up with doing everyone else’s washing I forgot about our own aha.” Suho admitted awkwardly upon seeing the sadness on his ‘child’s’ face.
“I guess.” Kai perched his on the edge of the bed. “Hyung, what were you all talking about earlier? To be honest, I think I know, but I want to be sure.”  Despite this not being his fault, Kai looked incredibly sorry, his eyes were heavy and corners of his mouth downturned.
“Why did you have to come in here to ask me,” Suho asked looking up at the ceiling. “Surly that man of mine already talked your ear off about his idea of emigrating.”
“Ah… so I was right.” Jongin crossed his legs on the bed and looked down into his lap “we don’t have to if you don’t want to hyung, you shouldn’t have to pack up your life for some kid.”

And that’s when it hit Suho, it hit him hard. He would do anything to protect Jongin, Christ, this silly, dysfunctional family of his was the whole reason he was sat in a box room with stained charcoal ceilings, on a bed with bloodied sheets so why should he stop now? Now, when his most precious baby need him the most, why was he so eager to give up? Even Suho can’t explain that.

“Please, Jongin-ah, I would go to the ends of the earth for you!” Suho proposed bringing the tan boy in for a hug, tears gathering in his eyes upon realising he had made up his mind. “We’re going to the ends of the earth for you.”

For a second time in a year Sehun was preparing for total free fall, free fall of his emotions, free fall of his stability, free fall of his life.

“, I never realised Suho hyung had so much junk,” Sehun complained as D.O. ruffled his fading hair. The black roots had practically taken over his once rainbow locks and left him with the dumbest looking tips.  Also, Tao had got hold of some red and blue hair dye last month and tried to re-vamp Sehun’s look once more. Needless to say, Sehun’s hair was a great metaphor for his life. It was a mess. If he only went with the flow, it wouldn’t look so dysphoric and the stares he got in the dangerous streets wouldn’t be so frequent.
“Hey, pipe down and get those floor boards up,” D.O. said.  
“Why, though! How many more mugs and glasses can he have under the floor…. AND WHY DO WE NEED TO TAKE THEM TO…to…to… TO WHEREVER WE ARE GOING.” Sehun moaned as he tried his best to suppress his anger “and why can’t the others do it when they get back?”
“The immigration office is on the ‘posh’ side of the camp Sehun-ah.” Xiumin chirped up.
“And what has that to do with the price of baked beans!”
“The others will be tired by the time they have registered and got permission for us to move, is what Hyung is trying to say,” Kai explained as he ripped up the floor boards on the other side of the room, causing a horrible splintering sound to reach Sehun’s ears.

“Any luck?” Suho asked as he walked into the biggest bedroom carrying a vast tray with noodles and tea.
“No, we’ve only found mugs...” Sehun deadpanned removing one of the ceramic cups from is place under the floorboards as Suho set the tray down on one of the ‘beds.'
“Well keep looking, suitcase can’t be that hard to find, right?” The newly optimistic man proclaimed with an unsure smile… what if they had been stolen after all. It was no secret that crime ravished in the camps of West Korea; why else would Suho keep all his possessions of worth under the floor boards?
“Well… maybe if there wasn’t so much under here! Like what’s this?” Sehun questioned picking up the first thing he saw that wasn’t a mug… “A freaking teddy b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter