Not Bad at All

In Your Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

|CHAPTER 10

              “not bad at all...”

 

 

(Krystal’s POV)

 “A-ajhumma. Seems like you know alot about Amber. I’m his seatmates anyway. What kind of boy he like??? Tell us when you take care of him” I said.

 

Ajhumma nods and turn at us. “Um.”

“Well, i remembering the first time i working with Liu’s family, its about 10years ago. They’re a korean-chinese family. They are rich. They have 2 sons. Amber’s older brother is really cold and didn’t speak too much. But its different with Amber, Amber is a cheerful boy, he knows how to make friends and always makes everybody around him loves him so much.”

 

Really? Its really different with him right now.

 

“....he and his brother is 13years apart and its rare for Amber to have some moment with his brother. His parents also go overseas and its makes their time with Amber is really rare too,  i’m the one that spending more time with him. I even go to his school for a student’s parents meeting and also to take his study result, he never got B or C or failed on his subject, he always got A.”

 

“D-DAEBAK!” Sulli jaw drops.

 

“But the sad part is he always mumbling to me, like

Ajhumma, why mom and dad never go to my school? My friends’ parents always came to school.

Why hyung never play with me?

Are they didn’t love me anymore?

I miss them.

I then tell him that they are working hard for him and loves him so much, and because he’s a smart boy he always understand and nods everytime i said that to him.”

 

“He’s a lonely boy..” I murmured.

Ajhumma look at me, “Yes he’s.” She replied.

Ajhumma continue the story, “I saw Amber growing up as a wise boy and also a handsome one, and after 6years, Amber parents and his brother move to china. And i stop working with them.”

“How about Amber?” Hayoung asks.

“Amber stay at his grandparents house. But on the next year i came to his grandparents’ house to celebrate his birthday.”

“Why you doing that ajhumma?” Sulli ask.

“Because the one that he celebrate his birthday with......is me.”

 

All of us become in silent. Really silent...

 

“One day, Amber runs to me, his eyes is in teary and about to cry. He mumbling, Why mom, dad, and hyung isn’t here? Its my birthday! Last year is the same too! They even didn’t say a happy birthday to me!. I quickly hugged him and calm him down. I said to him to not worrying about that because i’m with him and will be always with him. That time, i promise to will always be with him on his birthday. Remembering when he said that its really makes my heart broken.”

 

My eyes start in teary.

A little Amber must be really hurt.

 

“But.. the next year, i came to his grandparents’ house but i found that they’re already move out. And i never see him anymore after that.”

“Anyway, why his family leave?” I ask.

“Because his-- um...eh, some business reason.” Ajhumma said and smile faintly. Seems like she’s hiding something on us. “You telling us the truth?” I ask.

“Of course.” Ajhumma smiled.

“And that sall? Nothing more?” I added. Ajhumma said then turn around and cleaning the counters.

 

“Thats all that i remember.”

 

Ajhumma look at Sulli and smile,

“And according to your word that i heard before, i think you just don’t know who is he. Its not him. Its not my little Amber that i used to know.”

 

=====

 

Four of us continue our project. Sulli then pokes Luna. “Luna ah. You never know about what ajhumma said?” she asking. Luna shake her head and answerind, “I-I didn’t...k-know. I just know that he move and leave alone because his grandparents passed away. I never know about his childhood story.”

“He’s lonely since he’s a little.” Hayoung added. I saw a guilty on Sulli’s face.

I tap her shoulder, “You feel guilty, didn’t you?” I ask,

“Ne. But why just because of that Amber become such a jerk?” Sulli added.

I think there’s another thing that ajhumma knows about Amber. Something important. I need to get know!

 

(Jessica’s POV)

We’re still at the night market. Its kinda a great night and i’m not too worried about Krystal since her friends will stay at home tonight.

 

“Lets looking around!” Tae said. “Ne..”

We continue our walk while eating our food. Tae grab Fany’s shoulder and smile widely as wel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter