Timeless love (Sulay)

Freeing Space
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-- SIX --
 
Joonmyun was six when the new neighbours moved in next door. He didn't see any others kids at first so he didn't bother being curious about the new people, his dongsaeng did though.
 
"Sehunnie, come here" he calls his curious 3 and a half year old brother, he was waddling down the small driveway to sneak next door.
 
Ignoring his older brother - like always, that brat! - he turned the fence line and disappeared. Joonymun frowned and huffed, very irritated with that fact that, now he has to leave his sand castle to follow his little brother.
 
"Sehunnie we -"
 
"Oh, hello there" a beautiful tall woman in a red dress with a delicate golden dragon across the bottom of her dress smiled, a faint dimple in her cheek.
 
Joonmyun blushed.
 
"H-hello" he bowed respectively which made a soft giggle leave the beautiful woman's red lips.
 
"Hyungie" his little trouble making brother squeals, coming back to cuddle Joonmyun, which makes the older korean grumble under his breath.
 
"What is your name little one?" The woman asks, kneeling down elegantly.
 
"K-Kim Joonmyun, I'm 6 now" he flushes when she beams at him.
 
"My little Xing is six too. Maybe you can become best friends." She turns and says a few things that little Joonmyun cannot make out, it makes him frown and wonder if maybe there are things he doesn't understand just yet.
 
All too soon, a mop of fluffy dark locks are infront of him with a pair of lazy tired eyes, a small cute nose and a deep cheeked dimple.
 
Joonmyun blushed.
 
"Ni hao" the little sleepy boy smiled, instead of smiling back, Joonmyun tilted his head curiously.
 
"Annyeonghaseyo?" He says, gaining a confused but sweet smile from the sleepy boy.
 
"Eh?"
 
"Ah?"
 
"HAI!" Joonmyun jumps at the sudden fluffy honey haired boy that now stood beside sleepy eyes.
 
"I'm Luhan~" the cheery boy announced, he had big twinkling eyes and a small but wide smile.
 
"H-hello, I'm Kim Joonmyun" he bowed when twinkle eyes squealed and tackled little Sehun to the ground, already showering the squirming younger with kisses to his cheeks.
 
Joonmyun was a little worried when Sehun was giving him teary eyes.
 
"Sorry about that, Luhan seems to have taken a real liking to your adorable little brother, he normally doesn't kiss a lot of people at first sight" the beautiful lady giggles into her hand.
 
"Ni hao" the sleepy boy says again, giving Joonmyun his wonderful dimpled smile. The beautiful lady giggles again.
 
Joonmyun blushed.
 
-- SEVEN --
 
"Myunie, do you think Lu-ge and Sehunnie will have babies?" Innocent Yixing asked his bestfriend Joonmyun one day. 
 
They were walking home from school, which was a 2 minute walk away. Joonmyun frowned a little at the randomness of the question before nodding, deciding that yes - his brother and Lu-ge would have babies one day.
 
"And me and you?" The innocent sleepy boy asked rather blankly, blinking at Joonmyun, waiting for his answer.
 
"Ah? Xingie, I'm not sure about -"
 
"But Mama says, when people love, they have babies .. And, I love with you .. So you should have our baby ok? Ok!" He beams, eyes looking even more sleepy as he links his hand smartly with Joonmyun's smaller one, dragging the pink cheeked korean boy home.
 
-- EIGHT --
 
Joonymun was a little sad now, Yixing couldn't come over for a while because he has dance class. Yesterday he wanted Joonmyun to go too, but Joonmyun was too scared, too scared because he cannot dance. Even Sehun can dance better than him, he went to dance with Yixing and Luhan.
 
And now he was alone, sitting outside with his feet kicking the sand softly.
 
"Joonie? Why don't you come with mama to the store hm? You can get an ice pop if you want too?" His mother asked, standing to the right of their house.
 
Joonmyun nodded sulkily, walking to his mother and taking her hand as they headed for the car out front.
 
When evening came around, Joonmyun was sitting on the couch watching cartoons with some chips in his arms - the door flew open.
 
"HYUNG! I have a new dance look!" Sehun beamed, shuffling around with wildly precise movements, a huge smile on his lips and a glint in his small eyes.
 
Joonmyun wanted that, that happiness and joyfulness of dance. He wanted to look like that and move like that, like Sehun .. Like Yixing.
 
In his eight years of life - Sehun's six years, he has never been jealous. Not when his father gives the smaller longer hugs, or when their grandparents kiss Sehun longer .. But now, watching how happy Sehun looks while dancing and talking excitedly about Yixing …
 
Joonmyun is jealous.
 
-- NINE --
 
A few days ago a new family moved in down the street, they were nice and friendly. Joonymun and his family went over to welcome them with a cottage pie and a bottle of juice - Appa said its wine, but Mama slapped him and said its just grape juice - they were really nice .. Really .. But Joonmyun didn't like the new kids .. They were twins, annoyingly crazy twins ..
 
"Myunie, should we go see Baek and Dae?" Yixing was still Yixing, still sleepy with dimpled smiles. Still Joonmyun's bestfriend.
 
"I don't know Xing .. We go there everyday .. Cant we just .. Stay in? Play games maybe??" He was excited, he liked playing with his little brother and Luhan too .. But they never really just hang out together anymore.
 
"But its better with more people? Plus Baek and Dae are fun!" His eyes beam, mouth wide with a smile that makes Joonymun sigh.
 
"Fine" he mumbles, but the sleepy male misses it, too bubbled up with excitement, dragging his bestfriend to the twins house.
 
Most of the time, Joonmyun spends it by himself when they end up at the twins house. Baekhyun has this annoyingly loud voice and a crazy habit of drawing lines on everything with black felt, while Jongdae has a loud cackle of a laugh and loves to just get on your nerves with dumb jokes and making fun of Joonmyun any chance he gets.
 
Like right now.
 
"But we can all dance .. Why don't you try it? .. I haven't seen you dance yet!" The little kitten look-a-like cackles loudly, finger pointing at Joonmyun.
 
"You can dance right?? I mean, we go to dance class .. But maybe you just don't want to show off??" He continues, tilting his head to show his curiosity.
 
Joonmyun sighs, not finding this visit any more joyful than the past ones.
 
"Leave him alone Dae!" Baekhyun growls.
 
"Myunie cant dance though, I already tried to teach him but he cant move. At all!" Yixing giggles and the other two laugh loudly, but Joonmyun's eyes water and he turns to run home.
 
"MYUN IT WAS A JOKE~" Baekhyun shouts out with his annoyingly loud voice. But Joonymun runs home.
 
Its after dinner when there's a quiet knock before his door opens. Joonmyun has his head under the blanket, eyes sore and throat itchy.
 
"Mama, I'm not hungry I said" he tries to control his voice but it cracks and he whimpers.
 
"M-Myunie .. I'm sorry" 
 
Joonmyun wants to cry more when his bed dips and warm arms wrap around him. He doesn't though.
 
"I didn't mean to hurt your feelings .. I don't care if you cant dance, I don't care about any of that because you’re my bestfriend. You’re the best friend I always wanted and will always have ok .. I'm sorry"
 
They stayed like that for a few hours before there was another knock.
 
"Yixing? Xing??" With no answer, Joonmyun's mother walked over and pulled at the blankets to tuck the chinese boy next to her son.
 
"You can stay then" she whispers, patting his head and leaning down to peck her own son softly.
 
When the door closes Joonmyun sighs.
 
"Should I leave?" Yixing whispers, clearly they both just pretended to sleep.
 
"No .. Stay" Joonmyun flushes when the chinese boys warm arm wraps around him again and he digs his head into Joonmyun's back.
 
"Ok .. Goodnight Myun"
 
Joonmyun thinks, is it normal to find his bestfriends arms so comfortable to be between?
 
"Night Xing"
 
-- TEN --
 
Today Joonmyun had to walk Sehun to dance class, which was roughly a 10 minute walk from their home.
 
"But Myun-hyung I'm big!" He pouts up at his older brother.
 
"Not big enough Sehunnie. I'm sorry but mama said I have too. Look, we're almost there. Just a little longer and I will go ok?" He tries to settle his brat of a brother.
 
"Fine. But then go back home, I will come back with Lulu-hyung and Xing-hyung" the little one kept mumbling until they were outside the dance studio.
 
"Go now" Sehun turned and started pushing Joonmyun away.
 
"Myun?" The brothers stopped and turned to see the bright eyes and fluffy locks of none other than Sehun's Lulu-hyung.
 
"Oh, hello Lu -"
 
"Lulu-hyung! Hyung is just going .. Go hyung!" Sehun glares cutely, so Joonmyun chuckles and nods, bowing at Luhan before turning to walk away.
 
"Why don't you stay? Come in and stay for a while. You're allowed" Before he even turns he knows his brother is practically stabbing him.
 
"No thanks .. But thank you for the offer"
 
He goes to leave again when he hears that high pitched dreamy laugh that has started to make his tummy feel weird. He tenses up before walking away hastily.
 
"MYUN!"
 
His tummy turns even more, so he starts a jog of some sort.
 
"MYUN WAIT!"
 
He feels himself heating up in the face and wants to giggle, to laugh out loud and drop on the ground - why he feels like that he has no idea.
 
"Hey!" He's spun around and greeted with such a sight of his bestfriend his knees knock together weirdly. Yixing is bent over, taking a few deep breaths with furrowed brows, a slight sweat going on too.
 
"D-didn't you hear me?" The chinese boy asks, standing up properly now. Joonmyun shakes his head and turns around to take a few breaths of his own.
 
"Is something wrong? You have been ignoring me lately" Joonmyun turns when he hears the others voice shake, he's hurt him.
 
"N-no -"
 
"Yes you have, did I do something? Something wrong?" With the furrowed brows and puppy eyes Joonmyun melts. Get over it. He thinks to himself.
 
"I-I've just been a little tired .. Maybe I'm getting sick or something? Sorry Xing" he hugs the chinese boy who tensed, so he moved back with a puppy look.
 
"Why didn't you tell me!! I need to look after you, lets go home and we can watch movies, play games if you want too, maybe just eat cookies and drink hot chocolate even --"
 
Joonmyun watches the cute chinese boy ramble on and on .. What is this feeling?
 
Joonmyun thinks maybe, maybe he's been getting sick a lot lately.
 
-- ELEVEN --
 
Today was one of the worse days of Joonmyun's life. He had cried himself to sleep in the chinese boys arms.
 
"I'm leaving tomorrow morning" Yixing whispered against Joonmyun's forehead.
 
"W-will you ever come back?" He asked, he was dying, inside and out.
 
"Of course .. You're my bestfriend so of course I will"
 
Yesterday Yixing told the small korean that he was moving back to China. His grandma was really ill and his parents wanted to go back and help his grandfather with their farm. Joonmyun wanted to be selfish and ask Yixing to just stay with them, but of course that’s a silly thing to do, so he didn't say anything - he just cried.
 
"Will you come to the airport?" The chinese boy asked.
 
Joonmyun wanted to cry even more, he wanted to scream no, no he didn't want to go to the airport, he d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter