ATO Five

Across the Ocean
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The next few days would be the opposite of the past week, Taeyeon did not get much rest. She was too anxious and gittery whenever a nurse would enter into the shared room. It would help if she understood what was happening. She had become acquinted with the other patient, his name was J but she called him Lucky J. Lucky J had told her all about what happened during the night of his "accident". Taeyeon didn't realise how much she had been thinking about Lucky J's fight until he was almost shouting her name.

 

"Taeyeon!"

 

"huh? what?"

 

"I think they want to take you for tests or something."

 

"oh"

 

Taeyeon shifted her gaze from the window to the three figures standing at the foot of her bed. There was two nurses and a woman in a white coat she presumed to be her treating doctor. This was the first time Taeyeon got a good look at the doctor, every other time her doctor would be just ducking in and out. She was quite tall and tan with caramel hair that complimented her skin. She wore round glasses that matched her face and a long silver chain with a small cross hanging off it. For a while they just studied Taeyeon glancing every now and then to one another but said nothing. One of the nurses placed a hand on her arm and signaled that she was going to take the IV out. Taeyeon nodded in understanding while the other nurse made her way to hold Taeyeon's arm still. The tape sound echoed throughout the usually quiet room, everything was very still for a long time as if everyone was holding their breath. Taeyeon could feel a metal rod in her arm and then it was being slowly slid out. Once they were done one of the nurses gave her a smile and squeezed her hand before leaving the both of them alone again.

 

"that hurt?"

 

"what hurt?"

 

"the tape"

 

"oh uhmm I didn't really notice"

 

Lucky J laughed almost forgetting his arm was in a cast, he still managed a clap none the less. The bouncer had broken Lucky J's arm after getting knocked in the face a couple times. He had said the bouncer intentionally broke his arm but did not "plan on killing" him. After twisting and dislocating Lucky J's arm the bouncer had shoved him onto the road where he bounced off a moving bus and back onto the curb where his back would land and get "ed up" as he put it. Taeyeon winced when he was explaining how his spine had landed right on the corner where he felt a crack and the most devilish tingling spread throughout his whole body. His ears stopped working and all he could see was his friends running over to him screaming because he was.

All this trouble was because he caught the bouncer grabbing his friend's while she was exiting the club and he could not stand women being disrespe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter