ATO Twelve

Across the Ocean
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

It was a cool morning, the sun was up and about bright as ever but it would soon be outshone. A figure lay in bed curled up, she was more than comfortable. Unknown to the world who was busy at work by this time of day. The boxes stayed as they were the night before unpacked resembling a maze on the floor. Outside on the streets two figures approached the main entrance of a building, pressing a residence's button hoping that it was the right one. There was a disturbance, a loud ring, the slumbering figure groaned again but did not do much else. The noise rang again through the apartment, again the figure simply groaned louder this time, annoyed.

 

"What number did mother say?"

 

"Let me check my phone" after a short moment of scrolling Sunny nodded.

 

"That's the right one."

 

Again the bell rang this time the figure in bed shot up like a rectified zombie. Tiffany rubbed her eyes, they stung. She could hear the loud ringing now, loud and clear it was her buzzer. The sleepy figure grabbed her phone, it was dead. Then it hit her as soon as her foot made contact with a brown carboard box. Thump. Taeyeon! 

Tiffany sprinted almost falling over the boxes towards the bathroom but veered after realising she hadn't let her guests in. She almost face planted into the intercom, she could see them now two figures about the same height, Tiffany buzzed them up quickly saying "Please come up". They had their backs to her as if getting ready to leave, she hoped they would hear the locks pop but she had no time to stand around and wait because she had to get herself in order. 

 

With both hands Tiffany grabbed her long black hair and put it up in a bun whilst half sprinting for the bathroom, calculating her next move. Wash face. Brush teeth. Makeup? No time! Brows? 30 second brows! She would get her face washed, teeth cleaned and be changed by the time the elevator hit her floor. It sounded manageable, if she just abandoned makeup she should be fine.

 

Done and done, quickly looking at herself now, she noticed her eyes were puffy, she gave herself a smile and all the tiredness disappeared from her face, shining brighter than the sun. Nevermind her eyes, she had to change, after throwing on some sweatpants and a singlet Tiffany filled up a small kettle and waited patiently. Did they leave or are they still on their way up? She reached into her pocket to find her phone but it wasn't there, it was still in Taeyeon's room and as dead as a brick.

 

"This is it, top floor"

 

"Are you feeling okay?"

 

"Yeah I think so"

 

"I'm excited to go through all your stuff"

 

That made Taeyeon smile, Sunny seemed to be always trying to figure her out. She loved finding out embarrassing things and teasing Taeyeon about it, that much she has remembered. They were both at the door now just waiting, inside they could hear foots, heavy footsteps coming closer and closer then silence. She really hoped they had the right address, meeting 'new people' really made Taeyeon anxious. Mainly because she can't remember who is who and anyone could tell her anything and she wouldn't know if it was true or not, well until she could remember everything again. New poeople were old people, who are only new to her. 

The handle cracked and popped, the door swung open. Taeyeon and Sunny were greeted to a fresh faced figure in a white singlet and pale pink sweatpants. Her hair was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter