ATO Thirteen

Across the Ocean
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Sunny quickly parked, locked up and walked straight into an exterior elevator to the ground floor then out into reception and past to another elevator where she swiped her key card and punched in the number to her uncle's floor. A few employees filed into the elevator as it rose up top but Sunny hardly noticed she was too focused on what could and had possibly gone wrong. Although she had admittedly been neglecting what was meant to be work during the time she spent taking care of Taeyeon she always tried to catch up at night instead of resting. It was madness, getting little sleep to no sleep but that's what you do for the people you love.

 

A bell rang followed by a robotic voice announcing the second highest floor, it was her uncle's floor, by then all the employees had departed many levels below. She stepped out, eyes latched on her uncle's office. A deep dark wood door stood between her and the emergency now. Sunny took this time to take a long deep breath her nose picking up the familiar wood grain, checking her clothes, they were way too casual but it could not be helped, she was not meant to be in today, opening the door she was caught by surprise, over by the desk next to the floor to ceiling window panel sat her uncle in his chair looking out onto the horizon this did not bewilder her but the prescence of her father on the deep chocolate couch did. To her left haste footsteps made way towards her and as she turned there was a flash of movement. Slap.

 

"Hello mother"

 

 

><

 

 

A clueness looking brunette sat side by side next to a lively bubbly shining figure on the floor. The photos that were once on the study desk were now also on the floor infront of them. She watched as the loose messy bun on the girl's head bobbed about as Tiffany opened the backs of the frames, the girl seemed impatient unlocking each frame at once and taking the backs off. After Sunny had left, the bunned girl grabbed her wrist and gestured towards the bed, where they were now leaning against. 

 

"There's little notes on the back see?"

 

Taeyeon glanced back to the photographs after watching Tiffany's smile grow again, does this girl ever stop? Cute. There was some messy looking writing on the back, she tried to make out what it said but struggled to decode the language. 

 

It says Han river and the date" Taeyeon nodded as Tiffany flipped the photo back in her slender fingers, she noticed caluses on both hands and Tiffany's nails weren't painted either just short and neat. Was she an athlete of some kind? How did her hands get so rough?

Two thirds of the photo consisted of grass, there were two young girls sitting on the grass in the upper third grinning and making a 'v' with their fingers, behind them was a body of water and the city skyline had been chopped off. They must have set up a camera somewhere for this. Taeyeon smiled, they both looked like they were having a lot of fun.

 

"This was the first time you visited Han river, it's totally ironic because I was the foreigner yet I was showed you Han river." Tiffany giggled remembering back to that sunny day.

 

"It looks like you had lot of fun." Tiffany gripped the photo a little tighter and made contact with Taeyeon's eyes.

 

"We did. We spent the whole day there and that night you shouted on top of the bridge." 

 

"I what?" Taeyeon brought her hand up covering her face, she felt embarrrassed hearing this. It was like waking up after a crazy night and being told she ran down the street . Well maybe not to that extent but it was close. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter