Love Struck

Love Struck

Chapter 3

 

Seo Joohyun, who had been Yuri's best friend since high school was reading the note that Yuri handed her, "Are you sure Seok wrote this Yuri?" Seohyun asked, looking up at Yuri. The two of them had met up for lunch and were sitting at a table in the back of the restaurant. 

 

Yuri shook her head, 'Leave it to Seohyun to try and wiggle her god-son out of any kind of trouble.' Yuri thought, "Of course, I'm sure. I can recognized Kyungseok's handwriting when I see it and so can you." 

 

Seohyun shrugged as she handed the note back to her, "Well, the only thing I have to say in defense of my favorite god-child is that, if Yeonhee resembles anything like her daddy then I can see why Seok fell for her." 

 

Yuri didn't want to admit that she had thought the same thing, "You know Jung Yunho?" 

 

"Um, yeah. Come on Yuri, everyone knows who he is." Seohyun started, not believing her friend, "His father, Insoo Jung, owns Jung Corp. the biggest multi-billion company in the world. While he's the CEO of the company, Yunho-ssi plays a key position in the corporation along with his older brother, Sangwoo." 

 

Seohyun then took a sip of her water before continuing, "I see Yunho-ssi at various charity events I sponsored but after his wife died years ago, he doesn't really attend most of them like he used to." 

 

Yuri, who had been putting the note back in her rose gold metallic tote bag, suddenly lifted her head, "He's a widow?" "Yes, his wife died in a car accident 9 years ago but from what I understand, he's doing a good job raising his daughter." 

 

Yuri frowned, "Not if his daughter is enticing boys to cut school with him." 

 

Seohyun laughed, "Oh, come on Yuri, you were young once." 

 

"Yeah, I remember and that's what I'm afraid of." She said, meeting Seohyun's gazed with a concerned expression, "You remember how I was all into Eunhyuk Oppa? I thought I was madly in love. It was like my day wasn't complete until I saw his face." 

 

Seohyun shook her head, "Yeah, you did have it bad. You thought you were in love and nobody could tell you differently." 

 

"And you saw what happened to me. One day of acting irresponsibly changed my entire life. I was pregnant on my 15th birthday and not to mention, rejected as well." 

 

Yuri would never forget the day Eunhyuk told her that he wanted no part of her or the baby and that he would get his parents to give her money for an abortion but that was about all she would ever got from him. He intended to go to college on a track scholarship and under no circumstances would he let her up his future with a baby he didn't want and yes, he really did tell her ' up his future'. 

 

He agreed with his parents that there was no senses in him throwing away a promising career in track because of one foolish mistake. So instead of hanging around and doing the right thing, he had spilt the first chance he got. Even now, she couldn't even count on how many times had Kyungseok seen his father. Eunhyuk did get the track career he wanted, at least for a short time before an injury ended things. Now, he was living in Australia, married and doesn't have time for his son. In fact, the last time he saw Kyungseok was when he was 8. 

 

Emotions tightened as she remembered the time she had gotten pregnant. Her mother and grandfather were shocked at first but were very supportive to her in times of need. They didn't feel as though she disappointed them but deep down, the person she disappointed the most was herself. She had so many high hopes for herself which was attending college and getting a degree in journalism. Yuri had eventually gotten a college degree, though it wasn't in journalism but that was only after years of struggling as a single parent and trying to make a life for her and Kyungseok. 

 

'And to think that he could possibly be following the same path as me is unacceptable.' She thought. 

 

"Yes, I did see what happened to you but looked how much you have accomplished since then Yul." Seohyun said, "The only thing you didn't do was allowed another man into your life because of Eunhyuk Oppa's rejection and I think you were wrong for turning away what I knew were some good men. You never gave yourself the chance for happiness with someone else after Eunhyuk Oppa. I tried to tell you how arrogant and selfish he was but you wouldn't listened." Yuri sighed. No, she hadn't wanted to hear anything negative about Eunhyuk. She had been too much in love to see his faults and refused to let anyone else talked about them either. A sickening sensation swelled in her stomach at the thought that history was about to repeat itself with her child, "That's why I can't let Kyungseok make the same mistake I did Seohyun." 

 

"Don't you think you and Yunho-ssi might be overreacting just a little? It's not liked Seok and Yeonhee planned to cut the entire day of school. They were skipping the last 2 classes to go somewhere. Probably the mall." Seohyun pointed out. 

 

"And that's supposed to be ok?" Yuri's nerves were screaming in frustration and angered each and every time she thought about what her son had planned on doing. 

 

She remembered when she had cut school with Eunhyuk. Instead of going to the movies like the two of them had planned, he had taken her to his house where they spent the entire day in his bedroom, doing things they shouldn't have been doing and things neither of them had been prepared for but all she could think about was that Eunhyuk Lee, the star player of her high school's track team, was in love with her. 

 

'Or so I thought. How stupid of me.' Yuri thought, the last thought bitterly. Like Taylor Swift said, she should have known he was trouble from the start so shame on her. He flew her to places she had never been until he put her down, "Alright Yul. You need to calm down before you talked to Seok. I understand you are upset but your angered won't helped. You know how headstrong he is. He's just like you when you were his age." 

 

Yuri sighed deeply, 'That was the last thing I wanted to hear.' "He broke his promise to me Seohyun. We have had a lot of talks and he promised me that he would let me know when he was interested in girls." 

 

"And had he come and told you about Yeonhee then what? Would you have given him your blessings or forbidden him to see her? Boys like girls Yuri, that's natural and you have had so many talks with Seok that he probably knows your speech by heart. Has it ever occurred to you that maybe you are laying things on a little too thick? Seok is a good kid, yet you are judging him by the way you lived your life, by your own past mistakes. It's important to you that he 'be good' because you know his father wasn't and deep down, you don't think that you were." 

 

Yuri's eyes began filling up with tears, "I only want what's best for him Seohyun. I made a foolish and stupid mistake once and I will do anything within my power to keep him from making the same one." 

 

Seohyun got up and came around the table to hug her friend, "I know Seok's going to be fine. I will be here to helped you anyway that I can, you know that. I just don't want you to build this brick wall between you and him." Yuri wiped away some of her tears, "I will never let that happened." 

 

"That's the crisis you called this meeting for Yunho?" Sangwoo Jung asked, turning away from the window and looking across the office at his brother with irritation on his face. 

 

Yunho glared at his brother first then at his father and best friend, Kim Heechul. They were sitting in front of his desk and looking at him with amazement and amusement on their faces, "Your niece, granddaughter and goddaughter is putting a boy before her studies and that doesn't add up to a crisis to any of you?" 

 

"No." Mr. Jung, Heechul and Sangwoo said simultaneously. With their answered, Yunho knew talking to them had been a waste of his time. 

 

"Look Yunho." Mr. Jung said, as he stood up, "It's normal for girls Yeonhee's age to like boys. So what's the problem?" Yunho rolled his eyes, "The problem is that the girl is only 13 and Yeonhee and some boy were planning to cut school together and..." 

 

"No." Heechul interrupted, "They planned to cut a couple of classes, not school. There's a difference and you of all people should know, considering the number of times you used to skipped school. I understand they still have a desk in Ms. Hak's class that says 'Jung Yunho never sat here'." 

 

"I don't find any of this funny." Yunho said. 

 

"Then maybe you should before you alienate your daughter." Sangwoo stated in a calm voice. 

 

"How about chilling here?" Heechul interjected, "You act as if Yeonhee committed some god-awful sin. We know the promise you made to Tiffany but there's more to life for a teen than hitting the books. She's a good kid, she makes good grades. Yeonhee's going to go to college in a couple of years, we all know that. One boy isn't going to stopped her." 

 

"You haven't seen this boy." 

 

Heechul raised a thin brow, "Have you?" 

 

"No, but I have seen her mother and believe me, if the son is as good-looking as the mother than I'm in trouble." 

 

"I still think you are blowing things out of proportion son." Mr. Jung stated, "If you make a big deal out of it, Yeonhee will rebel. You remembered what happened when you didn't let her try out for her school's dance team?" Yeah, Yunho remembered. Although he wished he didn't. His daughter wouldn't talked to him for 3 months because of that incident and to make matters worse, she stayed at her grandparent's house during that time so she wouldn't have to see his face every morning. 

 

Yunho rubbed his hands down his face. Regardless of what his father, brother and friend said, he needed to talked to Yeonhee again. He already had a problem with his daughter being interested in boys at her age and he most certainly didn't want her to lose her head over this one. 

 


 

A/N: Happy Valentine's Day to all!!!