Love Struck

Love Struck

Chapter 10 

 

"Well Seohyun, how do I looked?" 

 

Seohyun stood with her hands on her hips and gave Yuri an assessing stare. The two of them had been shopping for dresses to wear to this weekend's charity event and it seemed as if Yuri had hit the jackpot. 

 

"Yul, that dress is gorgeous and it looks fabulous on you." Seohyun said, "But of course you have the figured for it that you had be crazy not to buy it." 

 

With her courage bolstered, Yuri looked down at herself. Seohyun was right. The dress was a black illusion sequin maxi dress. She had to admit it did looked rather flattering on her. 

 

"You don't think it's too...?" Yuri asked Seohyun. 

 

"Hell no! Like I said, you have the body for it. So, are you going to buy it?" Seohyun asked, as she walked around Yuri, admiring how the dress fit. 

 

"Probably not." Yuri said, still looking down at herself, 'But it's gorgeous though.

 

"And it has your name on it." 

 

Yuri glanced up at Seohyun, "You think so?" 

 

"I wouldn't have said it if I didn't. Besides, since you have decided to be my date for the event, what I say counts, right?" 

 

"Right." 

 

"So, what are you going to do?" 

 

Yuri grinned, "I'm going to take it." 

 

An hour or so later, they were back in Seohyun's BMW Mini Cooper car, exiting the mall, "You never told me how things went on your little date with Yunho Oppa." 

 

Yuri glanced over at her, "That's because it wasn't a date. I just picked him up from the airport and took him to the dealership to get his car, that's all." 

 

"Yeah sure, it's not enough that you are keeping your affair a secret from your son but come on, I'm your best friend, you could tell me the dirty details." 

 

Yuri gave her friend a direct stare, although Seohyun's brown, almond-shaped eyes were glued to the road and didn't notice it, "Yunho Oppa and I aren't having an affair." 

 

"Oh, the two of you just meet every so often to locked lips, right?" 

 

Yuri rolled her eyes, "So, we kissed a few times, no big deal." 

 

"I would think after 15 years of abstinence that for you it was a big deal and you even admitted he was a good kisser." "Oh, my gosh. He's the best." Yuri breathed, and then regretted that she had admitted it. 

 

Seohyun laughed at her friend's confession, "You know, he's coming to the event, don't you?" 

 

Yuri tried to keep her attention on an object outside of the car's window, "What he does is his business." 

 

"And he's bringing a date." 

 

Yuri jerked her head around, "What?" 

 

Seohyun laughed out loud, "Got you." 

 

Yuri frowned, "That's not funny, Seohyun." 

 

"It is too. You should have seen the way your head snapped around. It's a wondered you didn't break your neck. For someone who claims what Yunho Oppa does is his business, you were definitely interested in that piece of news." "Well, is it true? Is he bringing someone?" 

 

Seohyun shrugged, "I don't know. Amber Liu mentioned at the committee meeting yesterday that her sister was going to be in town that night from Los Angeles and she was going to asked Yunho to be the woman's date." 

 

"Good for her." 

 

"Um, do I detect a little jealousy in your voice?" 

 

"Not on your life." 

 

Seohyun smiled, "Ok, if you say so." 

 

'Seohyun was right.' Yuri thought, as she got ready for bed that night. She was jealous. Of all the nerve. 

 

The phone rang and Yuri glanced over at the clock, knowing it was Yunho. How could he talked to her every night and not mention he was taking someone to the event? It didn't matter to her one bit that she hadn't taken Seohyun's advice and invited him herself. It was the principle of the thing. 

 

She frowned when she picked up the phone, "Hello?" 

 

"How did things go at worked today?" 

 

This was how they began their conversation each night. He would asked her how things went with her job and she would asked how things went with his. They would hold a pleasant conversation for a good 38 minutes and then they would say good night. Sometimes, she wondered about the real purposes of them talking, other than to hear the other's voice each day. 

 

"Things at the shop went ok. Business has really picked up this week. I got a lot of pre-Thanksgiving orders." Then she said, "I closed early. Seohyun and I went shopping for dresses for the charity event this weekend." She wondered if he would mentioned if he was going or more specifically, if he had a date. 

 

"Did you find something you liked?" 

 

"Yes." 

 

"What color is it?" 

 

"Black." 

 

"I bet it looks good on you." 

 

"Seohyun thought so." 

 

"Did she?" 

 

"Yes." 

 

There was a pauses and then he said, "Yeonhee is going away this weekend." 

 

Yuri raised an eyebrow. This was new to her since Kyungseok hadn't mentioned it, "She is?" 

 

"Yes. My parents wanted to spend some time with her and decided to take her to Universal Studios in Japan." 

 

"Oh." 

 

"Is something wrong?" 

 

"No, because Kyungseok is also heading to Lotte World this weekend with my mother and brother. So, how are things going at the company?" She asked. 

 

"There was a development today that I wished could have been avoided." 

 

"Oh? What?" 

 

"We had to let someone go who's been with us for over 5 years." 

 

"Why?" 

 

"We found out he had been stealing from the company. Sangwoo had suspected him for a while but we only got the proof we needed today to do anything about it." 

 

They talked for the next 30 minutes or so and that night, Yuri slept with an inner peace that she hadn't known in a long time. 

 

"So, you think they will have their first date this weekend?" Kyungseok asked, before biting into his sandwich. 

 

Yeonhee smiled, "Yes. They are going to that charity event although they aren't going with each other. I can't see how it won't turned into a date with the both of us gone for the weekend. I think we did the right thing by contacting our grandparents." 

 

Kyungseok nodded, "I hope you are right." 

 

Yeonhee took another sip of her soda, smiled and said, "Just think, Kyungseok Oppa. If we actually pulled this off, you will be the big brother I have always wanted." 

 

Kyungseok grinned, "Yeah, and then I can give Myungsook Tak my full attention. I think she likes me."