Love Struck

Love Struck

Chapter 16 

 

Late Sunday afternoon returning home, Yuri stood in front of her bedroom mirror and gazed at her reflection. With her messed up hair, swollen lips and hickeys on both sides of her neck, she definitely looked like a woman who had let go and indulged in her sensuous side. Naughty was too mild a word to describe how she had acted this weekend. Wanton and loose were probably better. 

 

"Hey, what are you doing? Looking for a spot that I missed?" Yunho asked, entering the room. He walked up behind her, wrapped his arms around her and settled her body back against his. 

 

Yuri thought him missing a spot was impossible. It had started out very innocent with them enjoying a bowl of ice cream after lunch. Then for no reason at all, he had squirted caramel topping all over her and moments later, began every inched of her tanned skinned to get it off and she had reciprocated, squirted him and every inched of him. She had to admit that for once in her life, she had thrown caution to the wind and yielded to temptation. 

 

"What are you thinking about?" 

 

She met his gazed in the mirror and leaned back against him when he tightened his arms around her, "You, me and what a wonderful weekend we had. I wished it didn't have to end." 

 

"It doesn't." 

 

She shook her head and grinned, "Yes, it does. Have you forgotten the kids will be back tomorrow?" 

 

"No, I didn't forget but that shouldn't have any bearing on us." 

 

Yuri turned around to face him, "Of course, it does. Surely you don't expect us to still swap beds with the kids around?" 

 

Yunho frowned, "No, but I do expect us to continued seeing each other and if we have to be discreet whenever we do share a bed then we will." 

 

"And what about the kids?" 

 

"Tomorrow, we can tell them that we have decided to start seeing each other." 

 

She took a step back, "No, I don't think that's a good idea." 

 

Yunho rubbed his hand down his face, "Don't tell me we are back to that again." 

 

"As far as I'm concerned, we never left it." 

 

"Then what was this weekend about Yuri?" 

 

"It was about us indulging in our fantasies but now it's time to returned to the real world Yunho Oppa and there's no way I can let Kyungseok know that I was involved in a weekend affair with you." 

 

Angrily, he reached out and gripped her shoulders, "A weekend affair?! That's all this was to you?!" 

 

She yanked away from him, "Why? Was it supposed to be something else?" 

 

"I had hoped so." He said quietly, trying to get his angered and frustrations under controlled, "The start of a committed relationship was how I saw things." 

 

"But I can't become involved with anyone until Kyungseok leaves home." 

 

"Why?" 

 

"Because I can't." 

 

"Then let me tell you what I think is your reason which in my opinion, is a damn poor excuses! You got pregnant at 15 by a guy who left you when you needed him the most in that period of time and it hurtled you deeply, so much so that you won't allowed a man in your life. At first, I thought it was all about him letting you down and not being dependable and that still may be a part of it but since you claimed you trust me, why are you so afraid of letting me into your life?" 

 

"I have to set an example for my son. Why can't you understand that?" 

 

He frowned, "And not having a real life, not having a man around to show him how two people can share a loving relationship is setting an example for him?" 

 

"There's more to life than people getting involved Oppa." 

 

"What about people falling in love? Would it mean anything if I were to tell you that I love you? That I fell in love with you probably the first time I saw you that day?" 

 

Yuri's eyes widened and then she shook her head and felt the tears that stung her eyes, "No, it wouldn't matter because I could tell you the same thing Oppa. I love you too, and I probably fell in love with you that day as well." 

 

"But then..." 

 

"No. You loving me and me loving you won't make it ok. We still have to put our kids first. They think they are in love too, and we can't downplay their feelings just because we have discovered ours. Just think of how it will looked. The father loves the mother and the son loves the daughter. How dysfunctional can that be?" 

 

Yunho's frown deepened, "So what are you suggesting? That we wait to see what becomes of our kids' romance before seeking our own? Well, I don't planned to do that. If you love me and I mean, truly love me, you will know that we will worked things out together but you have to be willing to step out on love and believe it." 

 

She bowed her head and took in a deep breath and then looked back at him, "No, it won't worked, Oppa. Please try and understand. There are times in life when sacrifices have to be made." 

 

"Well, if you are willing to let your love for me be the sacrificial lamb then it must not be the real thing Yuri because I can't think of anything that will ever stopped me from loving you and wanting a committed relationship with you." Without saying anything else, he walked out of the room and moments later, Yuri heard the door slammed shut behind him.