Love Struck

Love Struck

Chapter 2 

 

8 weeks later... 

 

Kwon Yuri was arranging a bouquet of flowers on the desk when she noticed a cute man dressed in a kenneth cole reaction tonal blue shadow check slim-fit suit walked into her gift shop. It was ages since she remembered a man grabbing her attention and this specimen of a man with short brownish black hair and brown, almond-shaped eyes. She continued fixing her bouquet as she still had her gazed fixed on the guy, 'The woman he's buying flowers for is one lucky woman.' She thought. After opening this little gift and flower shop 3 years ago, business for her was great even after so many years. 

 

"Hey you." Yuri's heart jumped nervously when instead of looking at her various selections of flowers and gifts, he was near the counter. Obviously, he was a guy who knew what he wanted and needed to woo a woman. 

 

"May I helped you?" She asked, with a smile, though now looking at him close up, she can see that he wasn't looking quite pleasant. In fact, he looked downright pissed. 

 

"Yeah. I'm here to see Kwon Yuri." 

 

Yuri lifted her thick, straight eyebrows and the smiled she had faded at his irritated tone, 'What does he want with me?' She thought. 

 

"Are you a bill collector?" 

 

"No." 

 

"Well, if you are trying to sell anything then I'm not buying." 

 

"Do I looked liked a ing salesman?!" He said, irritated "Just tell me where I can find Kwon?!" 

 

"I'm Kwon Yuri." 

 

"You are Kwon Yuri?" The guy asked, surprised flickering in his brown eyes. 

 

"That's right and who may I asked are you?" 

 

"Jung Yunho." 

 

'Jung Yunho? I felt liked I have heard that name before.' She's been here for 3 years and still, the name wasn't ringing any bells in her head, "And what can I do for you Mr. Jung?" 

 

"What you can do for me Kwon is keep your son away from my daughter." 

 

Yuri froze. His words weren't what she had expected. For a moment there, she stared back at him, wondering if she misunderstood but all it took was the deep scowl on his small, oval-shaped face to let her know she hadn't, "Keep my son away from your daughter?" She repeated, when she finally found her voice. 

 

"Yeah, did I stuttered?" He replied, then pulled out a piece of paper from the pocket of his pants, "I found this note yesterday that evidently dropped out of Yeonhee's backpack. They were planning on cutting school together on Friday." 

 

"What?!" Yuri shrieked, grabbing the paper out of his hand. 

 

"You heard me and you can read it for yourself." Yunho said, crossing his arms over his chest. 

 

Yuri read the note and after the first few lines, she wished she hadn't. 3 emotions ran through her, hurt, betrayal and anger. Kyungseok had always promised that if he ever got serious with a girl that he would tell her. Though she and Kyungseok hadn't been so closes lately but a promise was still a promise. 

 

"Now you can see why I want your son kept away from my daughter." Yunho's statement sliced through Yuri's mind and aggravated her last nerve, deepening her angered. She came from behind the countered to stand directly in front of him. 

 

"Listen you! Don't you dare place all the blame on Kyungseok!" 

 

"Why should I not?! He's the one that's a bad influence on my daughter as you read from the note!" Yunho retorted back. 

 

"If I read this note correctly, my son was merely responding to a note your daughter had sent, asking him to cut school. So it's obvious that your daughter is the bad influence here." 

 

"You know, we can stand here all day and we won't agreed who's to blame, though obviously it's your son." Yunho said the last bit, earning a glared from Yuri. 

 

"Look Mr. Jung, I think we both agreed on the fact that my son and your daughter shouldn't even be thinking of cutting school. I have big plans for my son's future that includes him attending college." 

 

Yunho glared at her, "And you don't think I have those same plans for my daughter?!" He snapped, "Yeonhee is a good kid!" 

 

"So is Kyungseok!" She snapped back. 

 

Yuri breathed in deeply and closed her dark brown, almond-shaped eyes in a concerted effect to calm down before a blood vessel burst in her head. That and before reaching out and strangling the life out of the man in front of her. They weren't getting anywhere biting each other's head off. 

 

"Hey, you alright?" Yunho asked her. 

 

Yuri slowly opened her eyes to focused on the man looming over her, concerned soon gracing his features, "Yeah, I'm fine." 

 

"Look, I didn't mean to come barging in here liked a crazy person but after reading that note, I got pissed off." Yuri nodded, "I can understand why. I'm pretty upset myself." 

 

"Did you know our kids were hung up on each other?" He asked. She could tell he was trying not to loses it and maintained his cool. 

 

"Mr. Jung, until you walked in my shop and dropped your daughter's name, I had no idea she even existed. I know since he started high school he made some new friends but he's never mentioned anyone's name in particular, let alone a girl's name." 

 

"Ok. So, what do you think we should do?" Yunho asked. His voice was full of wariness and Yuri could tell he was really bothered by all of this but then, he wasn't the only one. 

 

"The one thing we shouldn't do is demand that they not see each other." 

 

"What? Why not?" He asked, shocked. If it was up to him, he would ban his daughter from seeing this boy and ground her until she was 21. 

 

"Because telling them to stay away from each other will only make them want to see each other even more. Teens will always intentionally do the opposite of what their parents want them to do and once they start rebelling, it will be almost impossible to do anything." 

 

"Well, you obviously know a lot about how the teenage mind works, huh?" 

 

It was on the tip of her tongue to tell him yeah because she knew firsthand it worked. Hell, she had done it to her own parents. Her mother and grandfather had tried to keep her and Eunhyuk apart which only made her want him more. The more she and Eunhyuk had sneaked around, the more risks they had taken until she had eventually gotten pregnant at 15, the same age Kyunkseok would be in about a few months. 

 

"Well, we have to do something. I'm confronting Yeonhee about that letter. I have foiled their plans for Friday but how can we be sure this won't happened again?" At the sound of Yunho's voice, Yuri dragged her thoughts back to the present. 

 

"I will talked to Kyungseok and liked I said, he's a good kid." 

 

"Yeah, but your son and my daughter are at the age where overactive hormones cancelled out good senses. We need to do what we can to make sure those hormones stay under controlled." 

 

"I totally agreed." 

 

Yunho reached into his pocket and pulled out a business card, "This is how to reached me if you need me to do anything further on my end. I talked to Yeonhee but things didn't go well. I don't think I have ever seen her that angry with me before." 

 

Yuri nodded as she took the card from him, 'I definitely don't want to think about my talked with Kyungseok.' She thought, "I do appreciate you dropping by and bringing this to my attention." 

 

"Like I said earlier, I didn't mean to come barging in here like an idiot but Yeonhee's lasts words to me this morning were that nobody would stopped her from seeing Kyungseok. I was pissed and still pissed off when I decided to come here." 

 

"It's not easy raising a teen these days." Yuri replied. 

 

"Don't I know it. Anyway, I better get going." 

 

"Again, thanks for coming by and letting me know what was going on." Yuri said, as he was heading for the door, "It was no big deal. Besides, you deserved to know what they had planned on doing. Anyway, I will see you around." 

 

As Yuri watched him walked out of her shop, she knew that as much as she hoped it would be, there was no way this day would end in a nice note. 

 

The moment Yunho got into his Audi A6 car and closed the door, he leaned back against the seat and released a long sighed. Kwon Yuri was definitely a beautiful woman. He had noticed it the moment he had walked into the shop and headed towards the counter. Especially when she came from behind the same counter wearing a white ruffle front tank top and a pair of dark grey multi waist detail pants. He thought the outfit was just right for her s-line body. 

 

'How in the hell could she be the mother of a 14 year old when she barely looked over the age of 20?!' He started thinking, 'She looked more liked Kyungeok's sister than his mother. Maybe he was adopted.' The questions were forming in his head but he knew the most important thing was what they were going to do about their kids, who seemed hell-bent on starting a relationship that neither of them was ready for. 

 

He, of all people, could understand Yuri's son interests in girls. Hell, he was a Jung! He could remember when he was the boy's age and dated plenty of girls, 'During that time is when I met Tiffany.' He began thinking. 

 

Yunho had fallen in love with Tiffany Hwang when he was 15 and married her on his 18th birthday after she had gotten pregnant. He would never forget that day when she had come to him, a week before he was leaving to head to college out of state, to let him know she was having his baby. Yunho loved her so much he decided not to leave the state and her alone specifically. Instead, he married her, gone to worked at his father's company and attended college at night. It hadn't been easy and it had taken him almost 3 years to get his degree but he and Tiffany made the best out of it and he could looked back and honestly say that although there were hard years, they had been happy ones. 

 

'And then the unthinkable happened.' Yunho thought sadly. 

 

Years later when their daughter was celebrating her 5th birthday, Tiffany went out that morning to get her birthday cake but on the way back home, she was killed in a car accident. So instead of celebrating her birthday, they were mourning the death of the only woman besides his mother that meant the world him. 

 

Yunho straightened up and started his car. Although he would never think of marrying Tiffany a mistake, he couldn't helped but remembered her plans of attending college; plans that had gotten thrown to the back burner because of her pregnancy. If he had to do it all over again, he would have been more responsible that night when they had gotten carried away by the moment. 

 

'And on top of that, I can't forget the promise I made to her.' Yunho thought. 

 

It was a promise he made the day of his wife's funeral that he would make sure that their daughter would get to do everything they hadn't done which was one day, attend a good college that would give her the best education. That was the reason why he was driven to make sure Yeonhee did well in school. Of course it was Yunho's hope that she joined the family business and one day take her place in the Jung Corp. but hey, if Yeonhee wanted to do something else after finishing college then she could do so with Yunho's blessing. 

 

As he began backing out of the parking lot, he contemplated the emergence of Kyungseok Kwon in Yeonhee's life. He didn't think his daughter's interests in the boy was going to go away anytime soon, regardless of what kind of talked Yuri had with her son. That meant Yunho need to have a 'Plan B' ready. Under no circumstances would he let Yeonhee succumb to teen lusts and ruin the life he and Tiffany wanted for her. 

 

His thoughts then shifted from his daughter to Yuri again, and he felt intense lusts invade his body. The difference was, he was a man and he could handle it. At least he hoped he could.