Love Struck

Love Struck

Chapter 17 

 

"Dad?" 

 

"Hmmm?" 

 

"Are you sure you are ok?" 

 

Yunho pulled two bottles of water out of the refrigerator before turning to his daughter, "I'm ok, sweetheart. What makes you think I'm not?" 

 

Yeonhee lifted one shoulder in a dainty shrugged, "I don't know. It's just a feeling I have. Ever since you picked me up from grandpa and grandma's yesterday, you have been quiet." 

 

"Well, I guess I have a lot on my mind but I'm ok." Yunho looked at his daughter and he could see that she still wasn't convinced so he said, "Hey, how about you and I go see a movie this weekend?" 

 

Yeonhee smiled, "Yeah, that will be neat. Will it be ok to invite Kyungseok and Ms. Kwon?" 

 

Yunho's body tensed with his daughter's question. He hadn't seen her since that Sunday and not that he was counting but it had been 3 days, 15 hours and 38 minutes since he had last seen and talked to Yuri. After what she had said to him on Sunday evening, she should have been the last person on his mind. Sadly, that wasn't the case, "I was hoping we could make it a father-daughter thing. We haven't spent time together in awhile, just the two of us." 

 

"That sounds like fun dad, but I was hoping I could see Kyungseok this weekend." 

 

"Didn't you see him at school today?" 

 

"Yes." 

 

"And the next day and the day after?" 

 

"Yes dad, but you and Ms. Kwon promised that we could have supervised outings and it's been almost 5 weeks since we last did that." 

 

Yunho sighed. The kids finally decided to have their outing and they had choose to go bowling but in the end, what ended up happening was that the kids decided to played against each other and it was Kyungseok and Yuri versus Yeonhee and Yunho, "Fine then, I will take the both of you. There's no need to bother Yuri this weekend and..." 

 

"Dad, if you take us, it will seem as if you are babysitting us. If both, you and Ms. Kwon go then it will be a foursome and it won't be so obvious that you are there to spy on us." 

 

Yunho rolled his eyes, "I had be there as a chaperone Yeonhee." 

 

"Same difference." 

 

Not wanting to get into an argument with his daughter, Yunho stood up and said, "Have Kyungseok check to see if his mother is free this weekend." 

 

Later that night, Yunho threw onto his desk the document he had been reading and leaned back in his chair and hooked his hands behind his head. He still couldn't believe that Yuri had decided love or no love, there wouldn't be a future for them. Dammit, he didn't want that! He wanted a life with her, a life that included marriage. Yuri was being more than stubborn. She was being downright difficult. 

 

He couldn't helped but remembered their weekend together and the days and nights they had shared. Those memories would sustain him in the coming months. He would need them. 

 

He walked over to the window and stared out at the night sky or at least, most of the sky since the streetlights prevent him from seeing most of the stars in the sky. It was almost 10 o'clock at night. Yuri should be in bed by now. Was she thinking about him the way he was thinking about her? Probably not. 

 

"But she had admitted that she loved me." He voiced out loud. He should have known that when a woman gave herself as completely to a man as Yuri had done to him this past weekend that love was involved. One thing was for certain, there was still Kyungseok and Yeonhee to deal with and because of their kids, Yuri couldn't put any distance between them regardless of how much she might want to. 

 

Whether she liked it or not, she hadn't seen the last of him. 

 

Yuri lay in bed and every so often, she would glance over at the phone. Yunho had made it a habit to called her around this time every night but she knew after Sunday, chances were that he wouldn't be calling any time soon, if ever and a part of her thought maybe it was for the best. He thought he had all the answers but he would never understand the guilt tripped she had placed on her shoulders after she had gotten pregnant. 

 

As she cuddled under the covers, she thought about the weekend she had spent with Yunho. There was no denying that it had been a fantasy come true and heat flooded through her just thinking about all they had done. In fact, today, at the shop, when she had been alone, her body actually trembled with the memories that were so vivid in her mind. 

 

Their first date had been everything a first date should be and what he probably hadn't realized was, although it had been their first date, it had been her first date period. She and Eunhyuk had been young to actually date and she hadn't gone out to dinner with any other man. So in reality, Yunho had been her first in a lot of ways. 

 

Tears blur her eyes, she glanced over at the phone. She might as well get uses to him not calling her ever again. 

 

"I don't know what but something happened this weekend between our parents Kyungseok Oppa." Yeonhee whispered. 

 

Kyungseok, who was sitting across from her in the library, glanced around to make sure Mrs. Myeong, the librarian who had a strict no-talking policy, wasn't anywhere close by, "Yes, I know." He whispered back, "This weekend was supposed to get them together, not pulled them apart. What do you think happened?" 

 

Yeonhee shook her head, "I don't know but I do know they spent time together this weekend." 

 

Kyungseok lifted a brow, "And how do you know that?" 

 

"Because Kyungsook said she saw them together at the grocery store." 

 

"The grocery store? What were they doing at the grocery store?" 

 

"Kyungsook said they were actually shopping together. They didn't see her but she saw them. She said my dad had his cart and your mom had hers but they had come together in the same car." 

 

"And she's sure it was our parents?" 

 

"Yes, she's sure. She's met the both of them before but at different times." 

 

"Um, I find that interesting. If they were friendly enough to go grocery shopping together then what happened?" 

 

Yeonhee sighed, "I don't know." 

 

"Actually, there is something that you should know." Kyungseok said, after a short while of silence. 

 

"What is it?" 

 

He leaned in closer to make sure the students sitting at the other table didn't hear him, "My mom had a hickey on her neck and I think your dad put it there." 

 

"You are kidding." Yeonhee said. 

 

"No. She's been wearing a scarf to hide it but I saw it anyway when she took it off, thinking I wasn't around." 

 

Yeonhee nodded, "That means they had to have kissed." 

 

"Right, so then what happened to make them start acting funny?" Kyungseok pondered. 

 

Yeonhee shook her head, "Who knows? Adults can be weird that way. Did your mom say that she would be available to go to the movies with us on Saturday?" Yeonhee asked. 

 

"I haven't asked her yet. She hasn't been in the best of moods since I got back." 

 

"Neither has my dad. If after this weekend at the movies they are still not getting along then we have to do something. I know they really like each other but now, I'm worried because my dad hasn't been calling your house at night like he used to do. I have been checking the caller ID every morning but your phone number isn't showing." 

 

"So what do you think we should do?" 

 

Yeonhee scrunched her forehead and then moments later, a smile touched her features, "I have an idea but we may have to get an adult to helped us pulled it off." 

 

Kyungseok glanced around again, for Mrs. Myeong and then turned back to Yeonhee, "An adult like who?" 

 

Yeonhee thought for a second, "How about your godmother?" 

 

"No, I don't think using her would be a good idea. She will most likely tell my mom our plans." 

 

Yeonhee thought again, "I know. We will asked my godfather. He really likes to have fun." 

 

"This sounds serious." 

 

"It is. We will see how things go with them this weekend but if they still aren't on the best of terms, we go to plan B." "What's plan B?" Kyungseok asked. 

 

Yeonhee leaned in closer, "Here it is so listened up."