Eight

Stop The Love Now

"Noona! Wake up!"  Sehun screams but you are not moving.

"Noona! There's a fire at your house!"  Still no action from you. He sighs in despair. But then he has another idea.

"NOONA! KYUNGSOO HYUNG IS HERE!"

"WHAT? WHERE? OH MY GOD, MY HAIR!"  You frantically get up and try to wipe the saliva trail and tidy your hair when you realize the giggle Sehun produces near your bed. You turn and growl in anger, "what the hell, Oh Sehun?"

"I have been trying to wake you up but you didn't do it! So I guessed, why shouldn't I use Kyungsoo hyung's name? And by the way, it worked really well."  He still giggles and you pout. You know today is the day that Kyungsoo said he would get to your house and help you to prepare the ceremony's necessities. You have no idea what you will do later and so you were not able to sleep. That's why you overslept and didn't hear when Sehun came into your place.

"So that means you really have feelings for him, don't you?"

"That is your delusion, Sehun-ah!"  You shout and go to the bathroom. Sehun still giggles but he goes to kitchen, persumably to search for food. You also have Sehun to come there to take the latest draft you have made. He will send it immediately to the publishing lady as the early draft is finished by both of you.

You have named the story 'Kismet' and Sehun agrees to that. Obviously, you, the readers, know why, don't you?

Sehun is holding a cup of instant ramen and tidying the paper when you come out with proper and rather fit-to-your-body dress. He gasps, "do I happen not to know something you will do today?"

"That's why I ask you to give the draft instead of myself,"  you try to wear the one and only pretty pair of flat shoes you have, "Kyungsoo-sshi will pick me up to deal with his father's death anniversary."

Sehun makes an 'ah...' sound and he goes back to tidy the draft. "Will you send me pictures of you being a good daughter-in-law?"  You roll your eyes and he giggles again. Sehun really likes to make fun of you. You then go to kitchen to make something for yourself before he picks you up and your decision falls to bread and jam. As you eat that and Sehun is throwing the empty cup, the bell is ringing. You jump and the bread falls down onto the floor. "Sehun-ah! Open the door!" 

Sehun comes forward and you keep trying to retreive the bread under the table. Turns out, the guest is none other than Kyungsoo. He wears the same exact theme of outfit like he wore when he brought you before. Sehun lets him get inside first and he frowns to be greeted by your, well, bottom, or you would say, .

You still trying to get that darn piece and don't realize he has to stare to your lower part of body the whole time (and it seems like he doesn't really complains).

And you finally get it.

"Yes!"  You shout and try to get up while holding that one piece. He gets startled a bit and when you finally face him, his eyes are wandering to your ceiling.

Of course, you follow him suit.

"What is it? Something is wrong at my ceiling?"

"Huh?"  He finally turns to you, "uh..., I just want to check if there is a spider web up there. You will never know, judging from how messy you are."  You snort and eat that one piece like a gangster. "now, are you not happy to 'marry' a messy person like me? You seemed so happy when we engaged."

He sighs. "Have you been ready?"

"Yes. I will take my purse first though." You run toward your bedroom and Kyungsoo is still standing there. Sehun has gone toward the bathroom (when he stared at your ) and he now is coming out. "Good luck at the preparation, hyung!"  Sehun cheerfully says and he takes his bag.

"Do you want to go?"

"Yep. To our publisher. We will try to submit the early draft to her, perhaps she will like it and agree that we can continue the story."  He nods. Sehun the screams that he is about to leave, which your also reply it with screaming too. Sehun then is gone and you finally come out from your bedroom. "I have finished."

"Okay. Let's go."

 

 

There are lots of things you have to do for the first thing tomorrow. Kyungsoo has helped you by showing you things but you just got overwhelmed with the amount of food you have to prepare, and you happen to know that it will be you and his mother who will work alone as you are both 'daughter-in-law' in that family. Your family gives consent for you to spend night there (and you called Sehun to give you some clothes, which then have been brought by none other than Chanyeol and Baekhyun; you still wonder on how Sehun met them), and so here you are, laying on the bed at the family's house's guest room.

You obviously can't sleep. You are freaking nervous.

And then there are some knocking on your door. You get up and open the door, which turns out to be Kyungsoo. He wear loose white shirt and sweatpants. "I am worried. Can you sleep?"

You roll your eyes as you knot your hair, "you think?"

He seems to be understanding your nervousness, "can I come in?"

"Well, it's your house. Suit yourself."  You open the door. Thank God you are still wearing complete outfit (which you actually usually do when you are at someone's else house). He sits at the chair provided inside the room and you sit at the bed which is across of that chair. "I am so sorry that it bothers you, this ceremony, that is..."

He seems genuinely ask for forgiveness so you nod, accepting his sincere words, "that's fine. It should be me who feel sorry. We are lying this big lie when this important ceremony will be happening. I will do my best, as I have said to you before, to help you all preparing this ceremony."

He looks down and you are quite uncomfortable. He usually is talkative and so evil to you so this rather kind and soft side of him makes you wonder whether he is possessed or something else.

"So...."  You ty to build a conversation, "do you live here with your family? That place before is like a rest house for you, or what?"

"I live there alone, but for times like this one, I sleep here."

"Ah...."  and the conversation is ended. You grow uncomfortable by his silence. "Hey, do you have something that is still bothering you? If this is about my involvement, don't worry, I have said that--"

"Do you know how he died?"  Kyungsoo asked suddenly and you shake your head almost immediately. That's the truth, though. You don't know many things about him so don't blame you when you don't even know what has happened exactly to his late father. "He's dead because of me."

"Huh?"  That's the only reaction you can give as your mouth opens so big and you are in agape. He turns to you and smiles weakly, "I was just having my extracullicular activity, which is home economics. I love cooking and baking since I was in elementary school; mostly because my grandmother and my late grandfather, who passed away three years prior, loved baking so much. I bravely took the home economics despite all male students there were mocking me. My friends at the club were all women and they were all below me at the rank; I was the best at the club. But he didn't really like that, as he saw my decision just impacted my teen life at school; I was visibly bullied and being outcasted by other male students.

"So my father decided that he would take me out forcefully from the club and so he went to my school to ask my homeroom teacher to erase my name from the club; I didn't know his intention before and I thought he just wanted to pick me up like normal parent. But we argued at the end before he even hit the gas pedal and I left the car saying 'I hate you!' and I didn't want to talk to him again. He left me at the school and that is the last time I saw him alive. I cooked after I called my mother and asked her to pick me up instead. When I cooked a cupcake, my mother called me; she was crying and she couldn't explain the real thing to me. My uncle took the phone and told me to stay at the school calmly as his driver instead would pick me up. With cupcake at my hand, I went to the hospital and next thing I knew, he died in car accident just after he left me at school. 'I hate you!' is my last expression of, well, my feelings, toward him. I threw the cupcake and buried my passion to become a baker until Baekhyun came to me at high school and my family gave me permission to do so, saying that it had been my passion ever since and my father would be happy if I kept pursuing it.

"And now...., at his death anniversary date, I am..., I am presenting a lie to him...."  He looks down and you see how broken he is. You can't help but to get up and squat in front of him; you try to soothe him, "hey, we can call it off right now if this is too heavy for you...., I mean, this is too personal for you...."

"But my family..., the rest of them...., I just....I never thought that my grandmother would ask you to participate, just...., I thought she would just ask you to come and have dinner with us....I will break their hearts when all I ever want is freedom to live my life. I just don't have the feeling to be dating right now but my mother...., she's afraid I will be turning like my friends so she...., I don't know what to say anymore..., I shouldn't even involve anyone like you...., I am so sorry, Kang Jiwoo-sshi..." You shake your head, "I am also having a part of this scheme, don't you remember? I will do whatever you ask right now, whether it is to keep pretending or tell them the truth, if that's what you think it is appropriate...."

"...Thank you, though..."

"You're welcome..."  You smile and he smiles back to you.

And the next thing happens is beyond your comprehension.

He kisses you.

And you feel like you are thrown into another dimension with that 'attack.'

 


I do hope you like the back story of kyungsoo here.

I just realized I have contradicted myself about kyungsoo's position in his family so I changed it.

thank you for waiting.

XOXO