Seven

Stop The Love Now

"Why can't I be here? Last time I check, this place is public."

You turn and grunt. Why does he need to appear in every aspects in your life nowadays? It makes your hatred toward him becomes more and more.

"Can we sit here?"  Baekhyun asks, "we wanted to take Jongin around before he shuts himself to play or compose some kind of music."

 "And the weather is nice, too,"  Chanyeol continues. You have no choice than to give the the permission. The one that is rude there is only Kyungsoo; the others are relatively kind to you. And as the cue, they all sit together nearby Sehun. "So he is your assistant?"

His friends frown, "how could you not know who her assistant is? How long actually have you two been in relationship?"  Chanyeol asks in confusion. Both of you stare to each other first before answer.

"Six months."

"Five months." 

You two answer differently. Sehun really seems to try holding his laugh while his friends frown even more.

"Uh, we mean between five or six months,"  you conclude your answers. You answered 'five months' before because you thought it was the apropriate time to be in relationship before jump to the next stage, which is engagement, which you have done a week ago with him. And you suspect Kyungsoo answered 'six months' basely on the same calculation.

"Ah...."

"But you, Kyungsoo-ah, are too secretive. I really had no idea before that you went out with somebody!"  Baekhyun chirps, "even though I literally am with you for almost everyday since we have opened our pastry shop together."

"I just don't want to talk much about my relationship."

"Even with us? You are still mean-tongue like always."

"Yeah, even Jongin didn't believe it; it took him to be talking with Aunt Jungyeon to make him believes Kyungsoo has gotten a girlfriend."  You have learnt that Kyungsoo's mother real name is Park Jungyeon and by calling her that, you can see these people are close to each other. No wonder they feel so curious upon you.

"How did you two meet?"  asks Jongin suddenly and you with Kyungsoo are eyeing each other again. Now you personally feel afraid to answer because it could be more fatal than before.

Sehun, though, coughs, "they met through blind date roughly five or six months ago."  Your eyes are about to pop out once you learn what Sehun did. You joined blind date in exactly February and it wasn't that long enough to be called 'five or six months ago.'

But his friends don't seem to get shocked or even try to look like they count on something. "Is she an attendant in some blind dates I asked you to deal months ago?"

"Yes."  Kyungsoo's stern and simple answer gets you shocked a bit. So that party isn't the first and only party he has attended..., wait, deal? As if....

"You are the pastry chef of those cakes and desserts?"  You ask without calculating everything and that brings surprise to everyone. "Wait, she didn't know you were the pastry chef?"

Kyungsoo glares to you and your stupidity and you squirm. You make your eyes staring to the picture you have made before. "I haven't really told her before. We met, ate together, dated to some places, and she, suprisingly, didn't make the connection about my job and why I was there."

You look up and stare to him. "Hey! I am not dumb!"

"But you can't even think that simple connection!"

"You are the wrong one here! You didn't tell me that you were the pastry chef there! You just said you were the commitee!"

"Isn't that the same? You should use your brain more than make ty romance scenario."

"You! And you should not bring me to your house and sleep next to me when I was clearly drunk!"

"I was not sleeping with you!"

"Yes, you were. We were both !"

"You opened your clothes and crashed into my bed! You are the careless one!"

"You are the rudest person I have ever met!"

"You are the clueless person I have ever met!"

"You!"

"You!" 

 

"Wow, you two are definitely unique...."  Baekhyun's voice wakes you from the staring competition with Kyungsoo. Both of you turn and see all of them giggle, except Jongin, who keeps frowning. "It might be the poison in other people's relationship, but I think fighting like you did just now is your relationship's glue. You really look compatible when you are arguing! Isn't that right, Chanyeol-ah?" 

 

And you noticed his hand that is hugging later's man's arm. And their way of giggling like a big click in your head. "Wait...., you two...."

"I am going to both ways, if you want to know,"  instead of those two, Jongin answers, "I still like women but I am interested on men too."  Sehun turn to Jongin and then he mutters with his mouth to you, "Wow!"

You turn to Kyungsoo, "now you see why my mother thinks I am interested on men?"

Well, it's not the lady's fault; your best friends claim to like same , that's what you think.

"And her mother thought I was going out with noona,"  Sehun adds and they smile to each other, "so both of them are even, I guess."

"Well, it can be said that way,"  Chanyeol says. "But we don't plan anything fancy right now. We wait for Kyungsoo to make move too before us making our own moves."

"And he has made it with you. Seriously, I really think you two are compatible. It's like match-made in heaven. Just look at you two sitting next to each other like that. Don't you guys think that way too?"

"Well, I do."

"I think so."

"I know they are destined to each other since the first time noona talked about Kyungsoo-sshi." The three of them giggle and you want to throw your drawing book to Sehun, especially, since you know he knows the real deal. Kyungsoo also does the same, but to his three friends especially. "Hey, Sehun-sshi. You called her 'noona' right? That means you can call all of us, except Jongin here, as 'hyung.' We are all older than Jiwoo-sshi."

"Ah, really?"  Sehun then turns to Jongin, "and how old are you?"

"Twenty six years old."

"I am twenty five years old, so I still need to call you 'hyung' too,"  they shake hands afterwards. "So, for how long basically your comic making will happen, Jiwoo-sshi?"  Chanyeol asks.

"Uh, roughly it takes several months but I don't know when I eventually finish the draft. My publisher has given me more time since she knows I have engaged."

"Sehun-sshi said the story is about kismet."

"Huh?"  You never hear that term before. Jongin smiles, "it means 'fate,' mainly used in Turkey."  You frown upon hearing it. Where has Jongin been into in his life that he knows something like that?

"He likes to travel a lot too,"  Baekhyun explains as he an see the confusion on your face, "he recently, before this Japan thing, went to Turkey to see Hagia Sophia. Maybe he learnt how to say some kind of beautiful words there."

Jongin smiles again. So that means Baekhyun's deduction is right. What kind of friends your 'fiancee' has had.

 

 

This is the second time you come to Do family's house and it becomes bigger than the last time you went there.

Kyungsoo has taken you there because his grandmother has urgently asked him to bring you there.

And you never knew he drives such elegant car. Not stylish, showing-off kind of car, but you know it is hell of expensive one. You couldn't help but to wear your best dress to come there. Kyungsoo himself uses more formal clothes, but he doesn't use suit.

You have asked why she asked you to come but Kyungsoo claimed he had no idea. So there you are, sitting on the family's room, waiting for his grandmother and mother to come into the scene.

Not long after that, they come. You bow politely to them and Kyungsoo does too. "I am glad you can come, Jiwoo-ah."

"It's fine, Mrs. Do."

She laughs, and his mother smiles, "oh, please...., call me 'grandmother' right now. You are technically already our family's member."

You look to Kyungsoo to seek his approvement. Once you get it, you nod. "Grandmother..., is there anything wrong?"

She smiles tenderly, "haven't Kyungie told you?"

"Told me what?"  You turn back to him and you can see him realizing something or thinking about something.

"His father's death anniversary is about to come."  Now his mother is talking and you gasp. Seriously, as this is just a fake relationship, you don't bother to search out the date. You stare to him and ask an apology, basely upon the fact that his father's death anniversary will be about to come soon. It must make some scars in his heart, no matter how long that is. You have figured out the man passed away when Kyungsoo was still in junior high school, so it had been for a long time yet it happened when he was still a kid. "And we want to ask you to participate too. You are his daughter-in-law, so I think it is appropriate, and he must be happy up there to know that you have contributed too."

You blink and stare to other people inside. You really feel worthless suddenly. You shouldn't be even participating at all because there is literally nothing between you and Kyungsoo. Clearly though, you can't even reject the proposal. 

"I..., wow, it is such a huge honor for me, uh, grandmother, but--"

Kyungsoo suddenly takes your hand and entangles his fingers to yours, "she must feel burdened but I know she will do the best for dad's anniversary. I will help her too as much as I can."

The two women's smile is wide and you can't say you don't really like to do it. Kyungsoo's hand is still holding hers until they go out from the house. "Uh, can you let my hand go?"

He turns and realizes it. He releases your hand then. "Sorry."

"Uh..., that's okay, I guess?"  He frowns, "I mean, it must be hard for involving me into this sensitive topic. Thank you for answering the question there. I might not be your real fiancee, but I will do my best to help your family. Just count it as my gesture to ask an apology from your father."

He stares to you and...., his face is softened? Well, that's the first time you see it.

He smiles, genuinely, to you, for the record. "Thank you."

You awkwardly laugh, "that's seriously really fine. So, you will help me to--"  You stop saying things because he pulls you into his embrace. Your heart suddenly feels like has been stopped by his action.

"Kyung--"

"My grandmother is staring to us at the balcony. Don't speak more and just stay. She is smiling right now."  As your face is facing the gate, you can't see what he says but you have to hug him back, right?

And so you hug him back and tries not to move uncomfortably so that she can be convinced.

And he releases you.

"She has gone?"

"Yes. Now let's go back to my car. I need to give you some details about the anniversary immediately."

You nod and you don't realize it, but he grabs your hand again and does the thing he did before. Your heart pounds loudly and you ask in yourself why you feel this way and why he keeps grabbing your hand.

But one thing for sure, you don't mind him doing this to you, somehow.

 

 

You look into 'kismet' means.

Fate. Or Will of Allah.

Destiny.

Jongin's word that time bothers you a lot after your trip to Kyungsoo's house. You remember how he held your hands and how he actually really smiled to you.

Kismet.

Fate.

What is that feeling growing inside you?

It will be dumb if you think over him just because he held your hands and smiled to you, right?

You close your eyes.

You remember when you saw him clearly for the first time.

Yep, it happened on his bed.

Before you screamed.

You tried to remember the moment.

He sleeping face was the vulnerable site of him for you. He seemed so peaceful even though he slept with total stranger.

And then you remember when he smirked teasingly to you.

When you threw the macaron onto his face.

His shocked face is actually funny.

And when he declared you two were couple in front of your respective mothers. He kissed you on your cheek.

When he actually stood up for you in front of Inna when he told her and her fiancee about his true family background. You smile. He indeed realized your uneasiness and helped you by showing off his own family's wealth.

You remember the time when your 'engagement' happened.

You remember the bickerings. They are actually funny moments. You realize how childish you both have been. Bickering about something useless. 

You then take time to count the meetings or anything making you remembering Kyungsoo.

It's almost everything else for these past months, actually.

 

Kismet.

Fate.

You two are match-made in heaven.

You two are compatible.

You two are destined to be with each other.

 

You stare to the pictures you have made.

They also meet because of fate.

 

Also?

You blink.

What is exactly happened to you?

 


I hope it doesn't feel rushed or things like that

thank you

XOXO