Ten

Stop The Love Now

You are lying on the floor in your apartment.

Your head is dizzy and Sehun lets you do whatever you do; he has job which is drawing the pictures that you have made.

You just realized you are in love with Kyungsoo. Or maybe you have been in love with him. Who knows, maybe opposites do attract. All you know now is you wonder whether he doesn't hate you for real. He doesn't have to have some feelings for you; he in neutral position is already a good start. But if he already hates you, you don't know what to do.

And if he doesn't hate you, you can somehow convince him that you want this charade to be real. Or at least you can try.

The door bell is ringing.

You get up.

Who would come in this kind of time?

You open the door and gasp to see short-of-breath Kyungsoo. He is sweating, too. You are bewildered as you are thinking about him and there he is, in front of you.

"Kyungsoo-sshi?"

"Hi..., I...., can I...., come in?"  You look out a bit and you don't notice his car there.

"Where is your car?"

Kyungsoo seems just to realize about his car's whereabout. He was using public transportation and walking to get to your apartment and he left his car at the shop. He was so impulsive to reach yout hat he forgot he has car. "Uh, it's at my house. I use public transportation right now until who knows."

"Is that so?"  You ask the car just to prolong the time to calm your heart. Who cares about his car at this point?

Sehun comes out and he smiles so wide when he sees Kyungsoo, "hyung! Welcome!"

"Hey, you, uh, are here?"  Kyungsoo asks.

"Yes. I am working right now. Do you want to see my work? I just finished coloring some of noona's drawing!"  Sehun seems to be so happy with his work's result that he asks Kyungsoo to check on it. You give him the way to get in following Sehun's words. Kyungsoo seems to be reluctant, but he comes in nevertheless and follows Sehun to the work table. Sehun shares his drawings like a child showing to his father and you just have to go to kitchen, making things (and calming your heart for more) to be served for that sudden guest. When you finish making tea and opening some cookies, you see that Sehun is still doing what he has done and Kyungsoo seriously seems that he isn't there for listening to Sehun's rant.

You get nervous. Obviously, he is there for talking to you. But what is the topic? Does he somehow realize your feelings and want to say that he hates you and you all need to end this fake engagement? Oh no, that is not good at all. Or that he has found another woman?

"And that is all. I am so happy that I can finish this now."  Sehun then stares to the clock, "as I have date appointment with my girlfriend, I will leave you two here."  He gets up and not long after that, he is gone.

You and Kyungsoo are alone, in obviously awkward manner.

"Uh..."

"How..."

You two are talking at the same time and you smile to each other after realizing that. "You first, Kyungsoo-sshi."

"Oh no, you first, Jiwoo-sshi,"  he says, "this is your place. It should be you who first say anything you want to say."

"But you came here all the way just to talk about something to me, right?"

He sighs, "alright. I actually come here to tell you about that night."

You gulp. This is not good at all.

"Yes?"

"You know..., I, uh, about the..., the kiss, it's--"

His phone suddenly is ringing and it shocks both of you. He seems hesistant to pick it up but he does nevertheless. And the caller seems to be in worried tone and you know it is not a good thing when you see his widened eyes. He turns the call and looks really worried.

"What happened?"

"My grandmother...., she is admitted to the hospital...."

"WHAT?"

 

 

You are still gasping for air when you arrive at Mrs. Do senior's room. Of course they use the VVIP room and of course this place somehow can be said belonged to them.

The whole family, except Joonmyeon, is there. Jiyeon's brother, Joon, is actually a resident there so he can check up his grandmother in his free time at emergency room. Jiyeon herself is there and is about to leave when Kyungsoo and you arrive.

"Oh! There you are!"  Contrary from what you have imagined, his grandmother seems fine. She is sitting at the bed and even though she has used the patient's attire, there is a glowing at her face.

"Grandma?"  Kyungsoo asks in disbelief, "are you..., fine?"

"I just had anemia attack, but your mother and the maids were making this too big,"  she waves her hand as it is to dismiss the worriness, "but I see you are with Jiwoo-sshi."

"I have called the bakery shop,"  his mother is talking, "and Baekhyun said you were going somewhere else. I thought you just wandered to refreshen yourself; I didn't have idea you spent the time with Jiwoo-sshi."

"Does it mean it is okay now between you two?"  asks Jiyeon and you both stare to each other. There is actually nothing yet it is not okay between you two. He was about to tell you about the kiss and his opinion about it and somehow, Sehun and his grandmother have successfully become the blockers.

But you both nod nonetheless, "we have. It's just tiredness. We just need to catch up more between ourselves so that we could understand each other more."

"That's good!"  His grandmother is so happy as she claps her hands, "I have to stay here, though, just for one night, because your mother is so paranoid for some reasons, but this news brings me happiness! I can go home early!"

"No, mother-in-law,"  Kyungsoo's mother speaks, "you should listen to what doctor said. You stay here until the examination is over."

And the old lady pouts. Her lips are like Kyungsoo's, so it is super cute for you to see the pout. "I have to go,"  Jiyeon says, "my work needs me. And grandmother seems to be fine."  Her parents also get up and they excuse themselves to leave the room. Joon also follows suit afterwards. "How's your work, Jiwoo-sshi?"

"It's doing fine, Mother."  You answer and Kyungsoo slightly smiles. You don't catch it, but his grandmother is, and her heart flutters more; it seems like his grandson finally can settle down and it seems that he is happy with you. She was worried much about your relationship that she got the anemia attack. But now, she feels her heart is at ease. It also goes to Kyungsoo's mother. She still doubts much that you two were in relationship at the first place, but her defense seems to be broken down a bit after seeing you dilligently helped her. She knows you are hardworking and honest (except when you seem to lie about your relationship) and she secretly supports you to be with her son. And now, as she sees the smile too, she smiles genuinely, thinking that her son might have some more feelings than just mutual agreement to lie to everyone with you.

"She is still working at that webtoon, Mom,"  Kyungsoo talks, "it has a name: Kismet, which means fate. It's beautiful; I have seen the premise."  He is talking about Sehun's early demonstration of the story. You smile. He appreciates your work, somehow.

She nods and you all talk a while until you excuse yourself to leave. Kyungsoo goes out with you.

"Hey."

"Yes?"

He turns and stops walking at the hospital corridor. You stare back to him. "What is it?"

"About the previous thing, about the kiss..."  You get nervous again. He wants to talk about it, again.

"Yes? What is it?"

"I just...., I just feel, that..., Oh God I am so nervous...."  He murmurs by himself and you just stare to him, wondering about what he will say. This is so nerve-breaking for you.

"Yes?"

"I am...., about the kiss, I don't like it that--"

He doesn't like it?

"You don't like it?"

"Yes, about the kiss, I don't like it that--uh--I don't like the kiss--"

"KYUNGSOO!"  You both are startled and search the origin of the voice. Joonmyeon is coming to the scene and he looks like you two did; worriness is all over his face. "How's grandmother?"

"She's fine..."  Joonmyeon slightly nods to you and then he grabd Kyungsoo's arm, "take me there first before you go home with Jiwoo-sshi. I want to say something important to you later after I see grandmother."

"Huh?"  He seems to be in daze and you are still shocked because he said he didn't like the kiss. He doesn't like kissing you.

It's a nightmare.

You have been rejected before even you tell him your feelings.

"Oh, come on!"

"Wait!"  He turns to you and you try to smile, "I can go by myself. Thank you for your true answer, Kyungsoo-sshi."

"Huh?"  He seems in daze even more and he sees you bow to them and leave the scene. Joonmyeon then realizes the awkward moment before and whispers to Kyungsoo, "did I interrupt you two?"

And Kyungsoo glares deathly to him, "thank God you are taking my place as leader of those companies or I will cut you into pieces, Kim Joonmyeon." Kyungsoo leaves the scene and Joonmyeon just stares in confusion.

 

 

This is the end for you.

You never have had this brokenhearted situation. Well, you did have broken heart situations, but that never happened before you said your own feelings.

Kyungsoo doesn't like the kiss.

You turn off his calls, because you just don't want to remember the scene at hospital.

It seems that he has called and come to your place, but you successfully run away. You come to Minhee's place and Kyungsoo doesn't seem to know where it is as he never comes there to search for you.

What does he want to say? Does he want to end these things?

You stare to the ring at your finger. It's beautiful and you like it since the first time you saw it.

But it doesn't belong to you. He must be searching for you because he wants to get it back. Maybe, before Joonmyeon came, he wanted to ask you to return the ring.

"I see you have not been bored to become sea lion, lying to get sunlight."

"Shut up."  You twin sister isn't helping at all. She came back from her recent trip and she lets you to live there just to satisfy you. Actually she urges you to contact Kyungsoo back, but you don't want, and as good sister, she holds her promise not to tell your parents nor Kyungsoo about your current whereabouts. Sehun also holds his promise now.

"You know you can't run away from him."

"Oh, here comes the lecture."

"Whatever, you never listen well to everyone's opinions,"  Minhee seems to be pissed and she leaves the room.

And then your other phone (the one you use for calling Sehun) is ringing. "Hello?"

"HEY, JIWOO!!!!"

This voice....

"JONGDAE? IS IT YOU, JONGDAE-AH???"

You can hear the giggle and you know it is your dear friend and your ex-boyfriend back in junior high school, Kim Jongdae. He went to China about five years ago and he came back, finally. "Why do you call from--"

"I got to your apartment and your assistant gave me his phone. He said you were in runaway from your fiancee. Sweet! You have engaged yet you didn't bother to invite me?"

You can imagine Jongdae is pouting, "You were in China. Of course I couldn't invite you. But you are here!"

"Yes! Hey, wanna catch up a bit? Meet me at the usual place, 'right?"

"Okay!"

 

 

"Oh My God!"  He is loud as usual, as you remember, "so you are faking it? The engagement? And now you fall for him yet he doesn't like the fact that he kissed you? He's a jerk, you know."

You slightly nods. Jongdae says what is right. Kyungsoo is forever the bad guy. But you can't help but to fall for him.

"But I am here right now so I will cheer you from now on!"

You smile, "how are you there? Have you found anything or someone interesting?"

He smiles as you two keep walking, "you know, I met this super hot--"

You stop him as you block his way with your hand. He then follows where you stare and he sees a man escorting a woman coming out from the car. They seem about to go to some fancy occassion. "You know them?"

"He's my fake fiancee...."

"HUH?" He stares back and forth between you and Kyungsoo and his mouth opens even more when he sees that the woman kisses Kyungsoo's cheek lovingly.

You? You seem to have heart attack right now, no kidding.

 

 


I hope you like the progress

thank you

XOXO