Three

Stop The Love Now

And you really did throw that man something.

And now you regret it so much.

Your precious macarons were all over that shop's floor.

That Byun manager looked like he got a heart attack for some first seconds but then he smirked and gave approving look. Maybe he wanted to do that to that ungrateful but he had no gut.

The waitress also gasped but then she showed some kindness to that Kyungsoo as one mactha macaron hit his right eye perfectly.

Don't ask why you finally threw your macarons to that evil guy. That's beyond anything comprehensible to normal humans; him, yes, as he is not anything normal, and you don't even want to remember why you threw those food as it is horrible.

"Minhee-ah....."  You sulk a bit to your sister as she calls from Japan and here you are, at the night of Valentine's day, are eating what's left from that shop, "he's so, ugh! You have to see and talk to him then you know why I hate him so much!"

Minhee laughs, "are you sure it is not passion or lust? Are you sure it is just--"

"I think I am still normal human who can understand feelings between lust and hate. And no, he is not that yummy."

"He's a chef! Pastry chef! I know some hot pastry chefs!"

"He's not one of them, and where the hell is Yixing? He must be angry if you praise someone else as 'hot'."

Minhee laughs again, "he is at his friend's party..., or sake drinking party....I don't understand any single bit of it but he is out from my room. So now tell me, he is handsome, rugged, and mysterious one, right?"

"Urgh, I hate you now!"

"You can't hate me! We practically shared same room when we were still inside mother's--"

"Alright, alright...."  You dig your memory of his feature, "he's..., something, actually. His eyes are wide, like round and wide, or seem to be like that...., he's not that tall like a pole but he is at the perfect height, and his lips are plump, like really plump....,"

Minhee giggles.

"Seriously, you sound like drolling over him."

You grunt again.

"I am just stating the fact! Now I really hate you!"

"If you turn off the phone you are officially alone in Valentine's day!"

"You are too!"

"Yixing give me time to bond with you so you will not feel alone! How can you not see that?"

"Thanks, but I don't need it. Say that to Yixing. I am happy with my single perfect life."

"Whatever you say."

 

 

You are an average webtoon comic maker. Or whatever they call you exactly. You make decent, but your work doesn't go hit big like some others, however, you have loyal followers that like your work so much.

So this is one of the thing they do: send you happy message. Nowadays, it is not sent by postcards anymore; social media thing has become a big thing that everything literally is in digital form. And now you are reading some of them. 

Sehun is making a pot of ramyeon for you two.

Now is spring. You like spring as it is, for you, the most normal weather around. Of course, it is still chilly and wind is everywhere, but it is not 'everywhere' like autumn, or it is not extreme hot like summer, or the opposite of summer, the winter itself.

Your latest comic series has finished and it gained good reviews. And now you need to find another new material. You have no reason to take vacation as, well, you are single, and your parents live not that far from where you live, so obvious reasons to take vacation can be crossed. Besides, you don't know where to take vacation and the purpose of it; you like to work.

You glance to Sehun. That kid, though, needs vacation. He has helped you non-stop, literally. But he never really complains. He and his girlfriend are still there to give strength to you. You don't know his parents but you assume they don't mind too.

Or maybe this is the time for you to give him opportunity to work more?

"Noona, how are the letters?"

"They are nice. Some are cursing, but what can you expect?" You close the message window. "Sehun-ah, would you like to walk with me? The weather should be nice."

"After we eat this thing?"  He puts the pot, "it takes time to make this, noona."  You smile a bit and walk toward him.

"Sehun-ah?"

"Yes, noona?"

"Do you want to work under your own name?"  He looks up and smiles. "No. I like working with you."

"Seriously? You have potential."

He smiles nicely to me, "I have my reason, noona. I don't want to work alone or with other people than you. I hope you understand." 

You blink and nod. Sehun, even that he is spoiled and has bratty mouth, is someone who always upholds his principle. Once he says no, he will stick to it for a long time, and vice versa. You have known Sehun this way so you know you don't have to offer the 'freedom' to him again.

"Noona, how is about that chef guy?"

You sprout whatever inside your mouth. "Why are you even asking about that thing? that creature?"

"I am sad about the matcha macaron that hit his eyes. It must be hurt."

"I was throwing macaron, not stone. He will not die because of it."

"But you threw him something. That is rude, noona."

"He is the rudest person you can ever meet, Sehun, I know you will agree on that once you have met and talked with him."  Sehun nods and begins to eat his ramyeon again, as you do too.

Then your eating activity is stopped by a bell ring at your front door. You get up quickly and see your father stands there and looks so happy. "Father?"

"Jiwoo!"  He hugs you; he always is this happy and cheerful. Minhee clearly takes this side of him, while you have to be stuck with sarcastic personality given by your mother. Not that you complain a lot, though.

"Hello, Mr. Kang,"  Sehun comes into the scene and your old man also hugs him. "Why are you still here? Do you like my daughter that much?"  Sehun just smiles while I just want to smack his shoulder. "I should prepare drink for you."

"Oh, no need to do,"  your father then struggles to get something out from his pocket, "I just want to give this to Jiwoo." 

A piece of envelope.

You frown.

"What is this?"

"Your cousin's wedding preparation party. Or something like that."  You then look so shocked. Your cousin must be none other than Kang Inna. The arrogant, stubborn, and nothing-good woman at all.

And now she is going to get married. She will rub this in front of your face once she sees that you have no plus-one. Minhee hasn't married, of course, but she has Yixing and Inna can't rub anything to her as she is better than Inna in many aspects, but you? Oh My God, you will be in your doom.

"Jiwoo?"  Your father tilts his head as you just stare blankly to him without taking the envelope. Sehun then wipes his hand in front of you, to make sure you are still alive.

"Ah..., okay....,Father, can't I come?"

He looks bewildered, "no! This is family occasion! Your uncle and aunt must be happy to see you too!" 

 

 

Sehun is a bastard.

Well, he is now, during this supposedly happy time.

You are there, alone, sitting at one chair, with full make-up and tight dress, and surround you are your aunts and the groom's aunts. They hold this meeting supposedly to make the whole family see each other before the wedding day.

God, this is so suffocating, you think.

So, why Sehun is a bastard? Apparently, he doesn't want to be your plus-one.

Noona, you should find your own plus one.

Yeah, like it is as easy as blinking.

You can see Inna, your cousin, is sitting at the center of attention. She uses white long lace dress and her groom, a man named Lu Han (you need to check that he isn't fully Korean, so..., the marriage is somehow quite not easy with his Chinese identity; same goes to Minhee...., wait, does it mean that your brother-in-law will be all Chinese?), looks dapper in same white suit. The parents are all sitting beside them as they smile toward each other and make each other aqcuintances.

Well, but no one wants to be linked to you.

The Lu seems to understand Korean language well, or maybe they pretend they understand it. You have heard Inna talked to that groom with English so you think that they don't really know Korean language that well. His family sits at the opposite part of the venue and they looke glowing too, like they are happy about this marriage. Looks like they do not know how wicked Inna is.

"My dear Jiwoo,"  great, your unmarried aunty tries to call you with sweet words even though you know for exact she must have loathed and mocked you by appearing here single, "why don't you smile? Your sister is happy. Don't you be happy to?"

You try to smile nicely but you don't answer anything to her. She then smile awkwardly again and turns, and you know she must be frowning badly after that.

You sigh.

You need to drink.

You get up and go toward the table where glasses of water are presented. You then think you need to get out from the venue.

The venue is at the hotel. It's not the biggest venue yet you know it is expensive. Those Lus must be very rich. What a luck for that wicked woman, you think.

"Come back here!"  You are just walking toward the hall of the hotel when you hear that shout. You turn to you left and then you see him.

Yeah, him.

That ungrateful bastard pastry chef named Do Kyungsoo.

He looks so suprised to see you and you do too. But then he gulp and next thing you know he grabs your hand, turns himself toward where he is running from, and embraces you from behind.

Before you even shriek, he has spoken first.

"This is my fiancee, mother, and I will marry her!"

 


@all: thank you so much for the comments! I hope you like this progress!

 

XOXO