Four

Stop The Love Now

"What the?" you shout as fast as lightning but he then does one thing to shut your mouth.

No, it is not kissing on the mouth. He instead kisses you on the cheek and it makes you speechless.

"I love her and I demand you not to settle me up with other girls, Mother!"  You still keep looking to him like he is an alien, not realizing that he is talking to a middle-aged woman ahead. "I love Kang Jiwoo and I am ready to marry her!"

"WHAT?"  You and his mother shout the same thing in the same time.

"I am telling the truth! I love her, Mother, and I am not interested to Baekhyun or Jongin! Please, I still like women and she is my choice!"

You really can't reply to any of this madness.

"Wait, you are not single?"  You turn to see the familiar voice. Yep, your mother is the culprit and she looks like she is about to faint. Your position is quite intimate: he is kind of hugging you from behind. "You are in relationship wih this guy?"

Both of you stare to your mother without making any sound.

"He did say it."  His mother replies instead. And your mother is squealing in joy. "Finally! You break the celibacy!" She then goes back to the venue and might be shouting that her daughter is now getting laid..., wait, she is happy that she is not single again.

"Kyungsoo,"  his mother asks sternly, "even her mother didn't know about your relationship beforehand. Are you sure you are not just snatching random girl?"

"No!"  he replies, "I know her. Kang Jiwoo. Twenty-nine years old. Isn't that right?"  You see back and forth before awkwardly answers yes. Well, that is your name and your age. 

"She knows you too?"

"Uh...., Do Kyungsoo...., somehow a thirty year-old guy?" 

She blinks to you. "I say to you, right? She knows me as I know her."  Wow, you got his age right. You might think this is between lucky guess and cursed guess. Nonetheless, his mother sighs. "I don't know what you two are playing but if this is not real you know the consequences, Kyungsoo-ah."

"I am not lying to you, Mother. She had been into my house too. Ask the doorman. We spent night there."

You are bewildered but you remember then. Yep, you have 'spent' a night with him. Just then, your mother comes but she isn't alone; Minhee goes along with her. She looks confused. "Look! My daughters finally have found boyfriends! Why don't you believe me, Minhee-ah?"

"Well, she never told me about a guy before except for a hot and handsome pastry chef named Do Kyungsoo...."  Kyungsoo turns to her and looks like it is not a great title at all and you mentally slap Minhee in your mind. Seeing his reaction, Minhee gets the idea and smiles (fakely) nicely, "oh, are you DO KYUNGSOO? The hot pastry chef that she met at blind date and spent the night with?"

"Oh, really?!"  Your mother is now super duper excited and you really can't say no because if you say no, your mother will be sad (and his mother will be furious but it is not even your problem), and if you tell yes, like this, you are lying and lying with also involving this monster is a big no no for you.

But Minhee smirks as if she enjoys this. What a twin you have. 

His mother raises her eyebrow, "oh, she has told you..., are you her relative?"

Minhee bows to the old lady, "I am Kang Minhee and I am her twin..., well, different eggs we were coming from so we don't really share same features but we are twins. She is older than me by five minutes. And my sister were really excited about your son, Mrs. Do."

"The pleasure is mine, too,"  his mother seems to be softened a bit, probably because Minhee's 'true confession.' "then I think your family has a happy occasion in this hotel, am I right?" You nod alongside with your family. "Then you should go to her family's occasion, Kyungsoo-ah."

 

 

You sit uncomfortably side by side with Kyungsoo, who seems at the same state as you. The guests and family are eyeing you two like you two are precious gems or something like that.

But you can be a little bit happy.

Inna doesn't look happy at all. She feels like you have stolen the moment, which is right, but you didn't except or hope this to be happened right?

Oh, no, scratch that, you really hope this time can happen in your life, but of course, you never expected to be happened like this. Not with this monster, of course.

"You seem to be well-known as single, Kang Jiwoo-sshi."

"You need to lie to your mother about having a girlfriend. You are worse than me, Do Kyungsoo-sshi."

"Well, at least my mother didn't shout 'my son finally got laid!' just after finding it."

"At least my mother never thought that I was a lesbian."

You two exchange killer gaze to each other until Minhee comes into the scene. "You two. These are the drinks. You two need it." You both grab the glasses and gulp whatever the content is into your body in one strike. Minhee has to hold her laugh as she can see clearly none of you two like this condition. "Seriously, you two are made for each other."

"Oh, please...., he is monster to begin with."

"Like I want to really sleep with a girl like you."

"You have foul mouth."

"You threw me a macaron."

"You deserve it."

You glare to each other again and Minhee laughs as she can't hold it anymore. "Seriously, you two! Wow!"

"Why are you laughing?"  your mother comes into the scene. "Are they throwing jokes to you?"

Minhee takes a deep breath, "no, not really, but they are really match-made in heaven. Mom, Jiwoo is his destiny!"

"REALLY?" Your mother is too excited, that's for sure. "Oh my, when will the marriage's plan begin?"

"WHAT?"  You both scream at the same time. "Mom, that is ridiculous!"

"Why is that?"

"Uh...., Minhee doesn't want to get married, yet!"  You throw the attention to Minhee and she looks like she is ready to rip you apart, "is that true, dear?"

"Uh...., I am working as a model, Mom. Of course, marriage is not really in our list right now, but I and Yixing are serious; we are really serious. But Jiwoo doesn't need excuses; she just works as webtoon author so why does she need to wait?"

"I am waiting for him!"  As you don't want to be the one who gets the finger pointed, you throw the attention to Kyungsoo, who now is judging you so hard. "I am still working in my newly established pastry shop, Mrs. Kang. I don't think I can provide many time for your daughter and our future children, so I decide to somehow postpone it."

She smiles acknowledgingly, "well, I do not want to rush anything if he says that. Young people tend to work first before build families, but do remember, building families is important too. When you are getting older, you will know what the importance of family is."  She then leaves the scene and you and Minhee are gasping. This is like another side of your mother. She usually is hot-tempered, sarcastic, and not-really-wise person, but, wow....

"Your mother seems nice, unlike you."

"And you too. Your mother seems to be polite, unlike you who doesn't know what politeness is."  You two glare again and Minhee decides to leave both of you and search for another occasion. That glaring contest continues until the engaged couple comes to you two. Inna shows her (fake) happy smile, of course, "I didn't know that you had a boyfriend, Jiwoo unnie!"

That poor Lu Han guy smiles to you, although his smile is really sincere one.

And you smile awkwardly. "Yeah..., I didn't want to bring him here but guess what? His family occassion happens at this very same building, so he has time to accompany me now."

She still smiles, and now probably is trying to do something wicked, "my fiancee, Lu Han, is owning shipping company that serves routes in East Asia."  See? She is showing off right now. However, that guy bows sincerely, not knowing what kind of terrible lady he is about to get married to. "His family owns chains of restaurants in China and now they are expanding to Singapore and Malaysia! Can you imagine it? His family is so busy yet they come here to our event!"

You still try to smile and don't bother the man who sits beside you. "My family owns this hotel and the chain of it. We have expanded to Europe, too. Now we are trying to beat the whole Asia and possibly, America."  If you have the water in your mouth, you would just sprout it freely toward Inna's face which is now having none smile at all. She is agape while her fiancee nods. "Yeah, you are Do Kyungsoo, right? I have heard about your name and family name."  Lu Han then turns to Inna, "he is the best young pastry chef, at least to some culinary magazines. But he declines many offers from five star restaurants, hotels, or everything like that, to build a small pastry shop with a friend. Your brother-cousin is the CEO of this hotel chain, right? I am so glad to finally have met you. My family is looking forward to our agreement in one of your hotel chain in China."

They then shake their hands like two bussinessmen. You glance to Inna and you are so happy to see her bewildered face. I don't even have to deal with Chinese in-laws, haha.

"When have you heard my name and known that I am here, Mr. Lu Han, right?"

"Yes, that's my name, and I have heard your name and your presence when her mother said that Kang Jiwoo-sshi was bringing her boyfriend and his name was Do Kyungsoo. I just thought there would be a little possibility that someone with the same name with the member of this hotel; there could be someone who has the same name  like the Do Kyungsoo himself. Thank you for coming."

"Congratulations. May you have blessed wedding."

"That goes to you too. I see you are quite romantic toward each other. Every time I saw you two, you both stared to each other for long time."  If only he could see what the meaning of that stare. You smile and bow to him, leaving the bride-to-be still in bewildered state. "We haven't settled anything yet."

"Ah, that's fine. It would not be for a long time, I can see it."  Lu Han replies and bows back. Inna then takes his arm and drags him out from the scene, possibly feeling very defeated. "I see that the bride is quite obnoxious."

"Yes, she is...., seriously, you have brought some help after all."

"Now you are happy I am here? Wow, what a surprise."

"You are accepted here mostly because your mother whom you are lying to. So don't try to mock me more."

Kyungsoo smirks, "hey, if it is like this, why shouldn't we try to go out?"

"Are you kidding me?"

"Look, my mother is happy, your mother is happy, you can throw some dirty mud into your horrible cousin. Now, don't you think it is a win-win solution? Why don't we pretend that we are going out, Kang Jiwoo-sshi?"

 


thank you for waiting!

XOXO