Twelve

Stop The Love Now

Some months later, you are still working on Kismet. Although your heart is crushed, you still are able to write such fluttering love scenes. Sehun still helps you and he dilligently does that; Jongdae sometimes meets you, but it seems that he has someone else right now that is more important than you. Minhee has not been coming back to the country and your mother refuses to talk to you more. You know your parents meet the anger from your relatives but your father, especially, asks you not to think about it and just do your life well.

And some months later, at roughly same week...

"Seriously, Jongin-ah?"  Baekhyun asks in disbelief. Now the group is at some kind of bar/restaurant, celebrating what Jongin said as 'my best thing.' They thought that Jongin got a more permanent gig after the Japan thing isn't working well, but that is not the reason at all.

That kid is falling in love. Hard.

"Who's this lucky guy? Do we know him?"  asks Chanyeol. Jongin shakes his head, "no, you don't know. That's why I gathered all of us here; also for cheering Kyungsoo hyung up."

The boys sigh, "I still can't believe that Jiwoo-sshi was having another boyfriend."

"But now think about it, their relationship seemed so rushed. Perhaps this is the best for both of them."

"How's his mother coping this news?"

"Well, she was angry, but Kyungsoo said it was not a something that could be blamed to everyone and clearly Kyungsoo didn't and still doesn't want to deal with anything regarding to Jiwoo-sshi. So his family heard his plea. They just decided not to speak with Jiwoo-sshi's family too. And it seems like that family doesn't want to tie even more. So, it just ends abruptly like this."

"Too bad, still,"  Chanyeol says, "I think Jiwoo-sshi is the right girl for Kyungsoo. After all of these years not having serious relationship and going on working all the time, I thought Jiwoo-sshi was the nice breeze for Kyungsoo's dull life. Turns out I am mistaken."

"But they were cute when they were together,"  Jongin adds, "their fightings are cute; they show how much they are attracted to each other."  His friends nod and like a cue, Kyungsoo comes into the scene.

"Hey, there, recently single guy."

"Stop joking,"  Kyungsoo replies as he sits beside Jongin, "uh-oh, no sitting beside him. His boyfriend will come."

"Boy--"  And Kyungsoo sees Jongin's happy smile, "I am so happy for you, Jongin-ah."

"Thank you hyung."  Then Kyungsoo stands up to sit near the other couple, "so, who is he? Have we met him?"

"I don't think you have known him, although I met him at your bakery. He was your customer when I helped there. Well, we connect well so I think it is the right time to formally introduce you to him."

"So, where is he?"

"He said he would be late. He has this friend who, well, just like Kyungsoo hyung, recently broke up. And he wanted to cheer her for today, as he said."  Kyungsoo sighs again. These people, even though they know how hurtful it is for him, they still can make jokes about it. Not that Kyungsoo mind; it's just their way to show that they care for him and try to make him smile with that silly jokes.

Then they order drinks and talks to each other for a while until someone is coming to their place.

He is Jongdae.

"Jongin! Hi!"

"Oh, hyung! Here!"  Kyungsoo and other turn to see the guy; whereas Baekhyun and Chanyeol smile happily, Kyungsoo's face shows horror and anger. Jongdae, as he realizes there is Kyungsoo there, looks so suprised and a bit agitated.

"What the--"

"Hyung, here!"  Jongin gets up and drags Jongdae afterwards to their table, "meet Kim Jongdae. We are official couple since a week ago. Hyung, these are my friends. Those are couple too: Baekhyun hyung and Chanyeol hyung, and this guy, he recently got single, his name is--"

"Do Kyungsoo."  Jongdae mutters his name and Kyungsoo gets up. His face really shows that he is angry and suddenly--BRUAK!

"HYUNG! WHAT THE HELL?"

"KYUNGSOO-AH!!!?????"

Jongdae is falling down to the floor thanks to Kyungsoo's attack. Jongin approaches Jongdae and demands explanation; it can be seen from his eyes. Baekhyun and Chanyeol get up to see clearer, "how dare you cheat on her! You, you--"

"YOU ARE THE ONE WHO CHEATED ON HER! THAT LADY AND THE WAY SHE KISSED YOU!"

"DOES SHE KNOW THAT YOU ALSO LIKE--OR YOU LIE TO JONGIN, TOO?"

"Kyungsoo! What is this?"

"He's the guy that I have told you about! The guy that Jiwoo chose!"

"What?"  Jongin turns to Jongdae now, "are you swinging both--"

"No, Jongin, let me explain. Jiwoo and I were couple back when we were in school, before I realized the real of me,"  he then gets up, "and there is no feelings again between us. I came back here only to see Jiwoo's fiancee was kissed by another girl, and he didn't refuse that fact at all. And you, don't blame me if Jiwoo chose to leave you; you clearly cheated on her."

"But you said that--"

"I just wanted to play a bit. You had broken my friend's heart and I just wanted to play it a bit."  Jongdae then realizes something, "wait, what is the thing that I miss here?"

"Wait,"  Chanyeol says, "so Jiwoo-sshi isn't cheating with anyone?"

"NO! She even thought you, Kyungsoo-sshi, hated the kiss! I mean, when she said that to me, the scene of you being kissed was shown so I wanted to defend my friend."

"What kiss--oh, that kiss,"  Baekhyun concludes, "but if she doesn't cheat, then you are only a friend of her?"

"As I have said to you earlier, I was his boyfriend, yeah, but it was long time ago. We have nothing between us again except friendship."

"But she didn't deny--"  Kyungsoo seems to lose some words. "Well, I am really her ex. How could she deny that fact? The fact is actually, you are the one who cheated on her! Even Sehun heard that you were talking with her parents about future--"

"What?" Jongin asks, "wait, hyung, you didn't explain the whole story to Sehun? Baekhyun hyung said he sent Sehun to there so that you could explain the truth to him in the hope that Jiwoo-sshi would hear him more than you or all of us."  Baekhyun nods and Kyungsoo sighs.

"He came there to return the ring so I thought she and YOU were real and official, and why would I have to be between you two?"

"Wait, wait,"  Chanyeol says, "I don't understand. So, you,"  he points to Jongdae, "are Jiwoo-sshi's ex-boyfriend who is not interested or even slightly have feelings more to Jiwoo-sshi, moreover, to any girls out there. You came back from wherever you came from and when you walked lesiurely with Jiwoo-sshi--correct me if I am wrong about it--both of you saw Kyungsoo and Eunji came down to the scene and you saw her kissing him--"

"My cheek."

"That's the same thing, Mister Do,"  Jongdae sharply replies and Kyungsoo still looks like he wants to murder Jongdae on the spot.

"Okay,"  Chanyeol tries to continue, "and so you both concluded that Kyungsoo had found another love, due to the fact that there was something happened between them that caused the rift. What is that thing?"

"That period kissing thing,"  both Baekhyun and Jongin answer and Chanyeol seems to get the idea, "wait, you haven't told your apology to her?"

"What apology?"  asks Jongdae, "Oh My God, why is this so tangled?"

"Let me get this straight, Chanyeol-ah, you are not even helping here,"  Baekhyun interferes, "so, there was a rift between Kyungsoo and Jiwoo-sshi, caused by the kissing he did to her when she was in her period; he said that she didn't like to be kissed on period, "  Kyungsoo knows Jongdae gives the weird look so he tries not to look to his eyes, but thankfully, Jongdae doesn't comment more, "but then he wanted to make up for it. However, suddenly, Jiwoo-sshi couldn't be connected and she hid somewhere who knew. And, this is the truth, Kim Jongdae-sshi, but Kyungsoo and Eunji are not an item. Eunji is Joonmyeon's girlfriend--"

"Who?"

"He is my cousin. Jiwoo knows him."

"Okay, go on, since I still don't get the idea at all."

"When Jiwoo-sshi were missing, Joonmyeon asked a help from Kyungsoo. Eunji's parents and family are from Busan and they were really excited to meet their daughter's girlfriend. However, Joonmyeon needed to go abroad because of his job, and Eunji's parents came when he had to go there. There is one thing in Eunji's family: they do not really believe Eunji could find a boyfriend because she is so, well, tomboy, and independent one, and they can't re-do their schedule to come here. Eunji thought if she told her family the truth, that Joonmyeon had to go abroad, her family would think that she was lying in order not to get pushed to get married or some sort like that, so they asked Kyungsoo to stand for Joonmyeon. Although it was a ridiculous idea, but the time was limited, so Kyungsoo posed as Joonmyeon; any side effects from it were taken care of, said by the couple. And the things that you saw, they are all just acting. Kyungsoo didn't cheat on anyone."

"What?"  Jongdae asks in disbelief, "you guys must be joking."

"No,"  Jongin says, "asks Joonmyeon hyung. I will give you his number."

"But, you--"

"You and Jiwoo have nothing between you two?"  Kyungsoo asks and Jongdae immediately nods. "Listen, Jiwoo thought you didn't like the kiss and she hid because she didn't want to get rejected again. Long story, but being rejected is a big thing for her."

"I didn't reject her. I actually wanted to say I want to get in real relationship with her!"

"Real?"

"Wait, what?"

Jongin smirks and asks something from Baekhyun, who gruntles first and gives some money to Jongin. "Wait, what the--"

"We bet on your relationship, whether it is real or not, and turns out, I won,"  Jongin smiles happily and Baekhyun looks like he wants to murder Kyungsoo, "now go there and say the whole truth. You both need to be honest to each other, seriously."

"This is the silliest reason that I have heard,"  Jongdae concludes, "and by the way, Jiwoo likes you a lot. She still is in her hearbroken state right now. Go there and tell her the truth, and forgive her for her foolishness. I know if you tell her the truth, she will forgive you also, although, now I get your story, I see that Jiwoo is the wrong one here."

"Wait, you believe the story?"

"I don't know,"  Jongdae says, "but you are friends with Jongin. I know he has good friends so I think I can put my trust on you, even though your story is too much."

Kyungsoo seems to think first and he nods. But before he leaves, Jongin gives him something.

A ring.

"You--"

"You said to me to return it to the jewelry store. I have kept it, thinking that there could be a way. Turns out, there is. Now go there and get engaged for real."

"And I will call Sehun so he will not be on your way."

 

 

Sehun has come back and you are alone again. You have come back to your apartment and worked like crazy person. Some of your collagues said that they were sorry to hear your engagement was over, although you know they must have been gossiping whether your relationship was real or not.

Your mother still doesn't want to speak to you. That's the reason you left your house.

Your father is still kind, although he feels that you need to explain more. Your whole relatives mock you, directly or behind your back, about the failed engagement. Inna is so happy like she gets a lottery or something. Minhee still blames you; she still says it is because you didn't want to confront it so he just moved on. So what she said is that Kyungsoo might never have feelings for you, which is sad.

Jongdae just got a new boyfriend, which is great, but you feel jealous. Not because you still have feelings or what, but seeing your friends happy when you just get heartbroken is not a normal thing. You still feel the envy inside your heart.

The bell is ringing. You are in your giraffe PJ and you are dead tired. But the bell isn't going to end soon so you walk to open the door. It might be Jongdae, being thrilled because of the meeting with his boyfriend's friends.

"Jongdae-ah, welco--"  You stop your lazy greeting once you see who has been ringing the bell.

Kyungsoo.

He seems in hurry, or it seems like he was running to come to your place.

Your mouth is hanging open, and he still takes breath.

"Kyungsoo-sshi, what is--"

"You are a dumb person, do you know?"  He shouts but he still tries to take some breaths. And you can't even react. You just got called dumb by someone that 'cheated' on you.

"Dumb?"

"Why did you assume I hated the kiss?"

"Huh?"

"Jongdae is dating Jongin, FYI, so I met him and now I know the whole truth from your side."  He gulps as he can take care of his breath, "so I am asking again, why did you assume I hate the kiss?"

"You said, well, you said, you hated it, you said that you hated the fact that--"

"I hated the fact that I said sorry to you and left you after I kissed you. I should stay there and be with you, Jiwoo-sshi. That's what I want to say."

Your eyes are about to pop out. Wait, he said what?

"What?"

"Geez, you are slow. I say I don't hate the kiss, in fact--"

"But, that girl--"

"She's Joonmyeon's fiancee. Of course she could kiss me on the cheek because we soon will be family."

"Huh?"  You react again, "but Sehun said--"

"That's a very long explanation. And Sehun was quite deaf so he took the whole thing in wrong way. I have no relationship with anyone except you, Kang Jiwoo-sshi."  He steps inside your place and closes the door, making you walk back slowly, "I love you, Kang Jiwoo-sshi. I don't know when it started, but I know I love you now. There is no one else, not even some kind of celebrities or idols inside my heart. And I love the kiss. I never dislike the kiss. I was in mess when you didn't want to talk to me, thinking that I must have hurt your heart, but then, before I could explain between me and Eunji, you showed that you found another love. So I accepted your ring."

"Jongdae isn't my--"

"I know."

 


hahahaha, ME AND MY SILLY IDEA OF DRAMA WHAT THE

thank you for waiting

XOXO