Six

Stop The Love Now

Being a chaebol (or chaebol's chaebol) 's fiancee is so fancy. You have imagined that but you never thought it could really happen to you.

But there you are.

A well-known designer's gown is wrapping your body perfectly. Your shoes are killing you (and perhaps can kill Kyungsoo if you kick him on every single part of his body), and the make-up are way too heavy from you use to wear. Your hair is done perfectly too.

Those people coming from high-end salon are doing this to you.

Today is Saturday; spring is at the best. And his mother suggests that you and Kyungsoo should have engagement party at their house (actually, just a part of their house with full access on their garden which can be nominated as public park judging from its size alone according to you). Your mother is delighted; your father seems so happy; Minhee snickers at you but she likes this, thinking that you actually have fallen to Do Kyungsoo. After this party, you can be called officially the Do family's daughter-in-law and the marriage bell will ring soon.

You know it will be like this.

So in between, you and Kyungsoo promised to break the engagement, giving excuse like he found another love. Yeah, he said he was okay to be the bad guy here, mostly because he didn't and doesn't give a damn. Seriously, this man is dangerous. He is ready to break his mother's heart too.

But he said you should just be yourself, or even exaggerate it more, so his mother would hate you. Yeah, that's the plan. Kyungsoo gets to be hated by your family, and you get to get hated by his mother.

But today, you need to be a good girl who is waiting eagerly to get engaged to this somehow well-known pastry chef.

Minhee comes into your room once you have finished. She looks surprised to see you. "You look beautiful, Jiwoo-ah..."

"Now you just see how beautiful I am?"

"We are twins. If someone says I am beautiful, that means you are also beautiful. But this is different way of your beauty, Jiwoo-ah. That's why I say to you several times that you need to take care of yourself and get yourself some more make-up."

"I don't like it, and it's itchy."

"No! Don't scratch your face!"  Minhee goes to your side and pats your cheek with her fingers. "This is how to get rid of itchiness once you have full make up on your face. It doesn't ruin the beautiful thing."

You follow what she has done before to your face. It helps, even though it is just a bit. "So, you are here to pick me up or what?"

"Yes, of course."  Minhee smiles, "you are my twins, remember? I need to be there for every single 'happy' moment in your life, Kang Jiwoo."

 

 

You enter the garden (it is really a beautiful garden) with song from piano. You can see the pianist is none other than Jongin. Since you said you two would get married, Jongin keeps indiferrent toward you. Sometimes you think he might really have feelings to Kyungsoo, but you are not that sure. And you don't want to acusse someone so the result is that you are not that close to him. Different with Jongin, Baekhyun is easy to befriend with. He seems always in bubble of happiness and that's not hard to get to know him. Kyungsoo also has some other friend, named Park Chanyeol. He is also there and he looks happy.

You turn to your side of family's seats. Some of the uncles and aunts are eyeing you with jealousy; perhaps they thought you would be the last one to get married and their children would surpass you when the truth is now you are about to get engaged to someone that they might have wanted to be their son-in-law in their dreams. And your eyes are darting to Inna. She and that Lu Han guy are sitting nicely and she wraps his hand like she will never let him go. You know you are winning this time.

And there are your parents and Yixing. Yixing looks happy even though he always asks when and where you met Kyungsoo at the first place and how he didn't know it beforehand. Your mother is shedding some tears, too, just like Kyungsoo's grandmother (yes, he still has grandmother). His mother sits next to the older lady.

And Kyungsoo is at the center. He sits at a chair located on the podium. He is using black suit and tie and you have to admit, he looks even more good-looking than his usual attire. His hair is pushed back a bit, rather different from what he does when in usual time (or when she sees him, actually).

He smiles widely when you come, making you, for seconds there, thinking that he is really waiting and glad to see you. Minhee then be still next to you until you sit at the chair next to his.

He grabs your hand and squeezes it. "Do this and they think we are really in love couple."  He whispers that to you and you automatically smile to the crowd. The show must go on.

 

 

Sehun stares too much at your engagement ring when he eats with you at home-cooked restaurant nearby your apartment. He couldn't come to the party because that day is when his mother's birthday happened too.

So this is the first time that kid finally see how beautiful that ring is.

You also adore that ring and you know it is hella expensive.

But then you will throw it to his face when you guys decide that time is the best for breaking up.

You are actually waiting for it.

Kyungsoo was so good to you throughout the party. He brought you around his family, which is not that much compared to yours, but they seemed so happy and delighted, meaning they are not stuck-up people who think everyone belongs to some kind of social classes. His father has passed away, sadly, and the one who still runs the corporation is his cousin, someone named Kim Joonmyeon. The Do grandmother is basically the matriach of the family, with having three children, the first one is Kyungsoo's father, and the second and third ones are females: Kim Joonmyeon's mother and a girl named Lee Jiyoung's mother. Joonmyeon is like Kyungsoo; they are the only child in the family, while Jiyoung has older sister and younger brother, Yoo (maiden name: Lee) Jiwon and Lee Joon. The extended family's members were also nice to you, even though most of them were claiming to be surprised about his relationship with you, but they prayed for the best and they all said you two looked compatible.

You should win an Oscar right now alongside Leonardo DiCaprio and Brie Larson. Maybe if there is a nomination for Best Couple-in-Act, you and Kyungsoo will win it for sure.

"Stop staring at my finger."

"It looks so expensive, noona. His family is no joke, too, from the beginning. Who chose that ring?"

"His grandmother. I barely touched anything regarding to the party. My mother, his mother, and his grandmother were the organizers of that party. They literally ruled everything that day."

"There is no pastries from his shop?"

"Our engagement cake. I didn't want to eat it; there could be poison in the slice that he had prepared for me. I avoided it by saying I was on diet judging that I would get married to a chaebol. They all laughed but he pinched my waist and there is still a little bit of bruise there. Look!"  You open your t-shirt to show Sehun the bruise. He examines it and laughs, though. "You two are hillarious!"

"I am in doom, ain't I?"

"Yep. I agree with you, noona. Your parents seemed to be so happy too, seeing from Minhee noona's photos posted on Facebook."

"Oh, God,"  you growl. "Our publisher came down and she was so surprised; she even was fangirling throughout the party. I know my fellow writer will come to me saying congratulations."

"They have."  Sehun has opened the laptop and puts it next to his, "the messages are flooding your email inbox, noona. They demand that you should invite them at the wedding party."

"I am really at doom."

"Then think first before agree."

"It's his fault from the beginning, you know? If he didn't grab me out of nowhere, I would not have to go through this way!"

"But you volunteered to get into the wedding scheme consciously, noona. I say you two have your own faults until it has become like this,"  but he snickers, "so, what will you do? Will you come approaching him more at his pastry shop? Or will you try on some expensive wedding dresses?"

"I don't know, but I want to work so my mind can be distracted to something else! Now, Oh Sehun, do you have a good plot, as starter?"

"Let's think,"  he appears to be thinking hard, "what about a couple who fakes their relationship but then they grow to love each other?"

You hit his head with some pieces of paper you rolld up when he said 'a couple who fakes,' "NOONA!"

"Don't say nonsense!"

"But that is a good plot!"

"That is my life's plot and no one can know it! Another plot!"

"Wait, did you just say it was your life's plot? You..., so you are saying you have grown to love him, noona?"

You hit him again.

"I can sue you, noona!"

"I can fire you too if you keep doing this!"

 

 

You like to draw outside. It makes you think widely and it is inspirative. You are now sitting at the grass at some park and today is Sunday. After agreeing the plot's beginning (two people meets accidentaly at park but they don't realize they will be entangled later) you try to find the faces and gestures that can help you recreating the images in your head. Sehun is gone, buying some snacks for you and him. He is in charge of the plot and you with the image. That's how you two roll when you build and make another story. 

The park is full of people; some children are there and playing at the playground with parents are looking closely. Some couples are scattered nearby you; they either are sitting or walking toward another place. There are some singles, too, but most of them appear to be waiting for their other half to come around. There is an endorsement about an occassion at the shop around the neighboorhood, and they use cosplay costumes. The employers and the cosplay users are giving out phamplets.

You stare to the green tree nearby.

You get the idea a bit clearer now you have stared to how calm the tree.

You begin to draw man and woman. They appear to be walking to each other, but at the next page, you make them passing each other, like they don't realize that they have met each other. At the next page, you make them see each other for seconds. At the other next page, you make them walk toward different direction.

You seem happy to see your sketch.

 

"You are really good at drawing."

 

That voice...

 

You turn to see Kyungsoo is seeing you and your drawing. Sehun apparently has been sitting beside you for how long you don't know; Kyungsoo isn't alone, his gank is also there. Baekhyun smiles happily, Chanyeol looks like he is suprised with your drawing talent, while Jongin stares indifferently to you and Sehun.

"You are so serious at drawing; you didn't even realize your assistant has been sitting here for an hour. We approached him and talked to him, but you didn't get bothered. That is some dedication,"  Baekhyun chirps, "you are so lucky to have her as your fiancee, Kyungsoo-ah. You two are perfect, so determined at each other's job."

"And their job is somehow similliar,"  Chanyeol adds, "both of you are drawing. You are drawing at paper, he is drawing at dough and cakes. You two really are match-made in heaven."

Jongin smiles, for the first time, it might need to be added, to you. He seems agreeing to those two's statements.

Sehun follows suit.

You frown though. "What are you doing here? This isn't around your shop."

 


hello to new subscribers!

thank you for the comments!

XOXO