A Kiss

Love Dust

 

Today was finally the day Daesung would be performing his song for the first time. In all honesty he didn’t expect people to care so much about it, but Sbs called Yg hyung as soon as the news broke out that he would perform it one time on a special solo stage and they agreed to terms for him to perform it on Inkigayo. I guess you could say they were the highest bidder. They decided to make it into a mini concert, rookie groups would be there, even older groups had been rumored to show up to support Daesung.

 

“Daesung...Daesung,”

“Daesung I know you’re not asleep”

I woke up to Youngbae knocking at my door. What is it hyung?

“Wake up you’re going to be late for sound check.”

Hyung that’s not until 3.

“It’s already 1:30 Dae.”

I quickly jumped out of bed trying to find my phone. I couldn’t have slept in that late, I know I set my alarm to set off at 10. I open the door, and notice that Youngbae is holding up my phone laughing.

I snatch it from him “what the hyung, its only 10. Why did you say I was going to be late? Seungri must’ve put you up to this.”

“Relax Dae I’m trying to lighten the mood for you today, I know you been stressing over this since you came back from Sm.”

Aniyo hyung. That’s not it.

“What is it then Dae?”

I’m just worried about how Tiffany will feel.

“Why does it matter how she feels about it, like you said she doesn’t like you and you’re over her right?”

Yea hyung but what if she gets mad that I chose a girl from Sm.

“Man oh man you’re worrying too much who cares that you chose Irene. You know for someone who says there over her you sure are worried about her.”

I just look at him and lower my head as he utters the words Irene.  I start to think to myself. Why do I even care how she feels anyway, she’s the one who decided to not want to be close or acknowledge my apology.

Your right Hyung.

“By the way Dae, how did Irene react when you asked her?”

I look around trying to come up with an answer. Well you can say she was a shocked.

“I’m sure she was. When you see her you might want to give her this.”

Taeyang throws a sweat shirt at Daesung. Daesung looks at it and just throws it on the bed. Not looking at Youngbae he walks past him and walks into the bathroom.

As he prepares himself for his performance and how people are going to react. He can’t help but to think of Tiffany, thoughts go flashing threw his brain. Do I still like her? She’s with khun though. She’s happy. Why did I have to up any possibility of having a friendship with her? Why did I write this stupid song about her? Why did I kiss her that night? Why out of every one, did I have to like a girl who’s got a boy-friend?  He finally gets out and as he’s about to leave the dorm Youngbae asks “So did you really ask Irene or not?” Daesung looks back at Youngbae and says “you’ll find out” with that daesung walks out the dorm and heads to the Sbs building.

 

 

SBS

 

Daesung’s heart was pounding as he arrived at Sbs. After sound check he went to his dressing room to get ready and then he decided he’d go looking around for her. Her dressing room was just right down the hall from his.

As he approached it he noticed the door was open, he looked in and saw her, she was wearing a tight black dress that was hugging her curves. Daesung was just standing there with his eyes glued on her. No just no I have to keep this professional. I’ve caused enough problems with everyone over there. He says to himself, just as he’s about to go talk to her he’s surprised by the sound of giggling.

“You can stop drooling Dae.”

He turns around and sees Snsd there with the biggest smiles on their faces. For the two weeks they were practicing, he never asked her once about them.

 “Um why is oppa looking at us like that?” Says Seohyun

“That’s because he’s a Pabo”

“Daesung you can stop staring at us like you’ve seen a ghost now.” Says sunny

“Aniyo aniyo, sorry girls. I was just surprised to see you all here.”

“Why wouldn’t we be? We had to make sure you didn’t try to kiss our sweet innocent Yoona.” Sooyoung says with a cheek smile on her face

“Don’t pay her any attention Daesung, we’re here to support you guys.”

“That and if fans go crazy seeing Soshibang on stage, we can get her back to the dorm safely.”

 “Isn’t that sweet of you” he says while chuckling. They continue to talk and then he suddenly realizes that Tiffany isn’t with the rest of them.

“Where is Tiffany, is she still mad at me for kissing her?” he asks not expecting any response.

“Well she says she is but to be honest Dae I think she’s more upset with us because we don’t hate you.”

“Am I really that bad Taeyeon? Maybe we can be friends again after tonight.”

“You Pabo we were never not friends, but after she sees Yoona with you maybe the rest of us will have to stay at Yg just so we don’t have to hear her complain.” as the girls just laugh to themselves.

“You didn’t tell her you were doing this with me?” he asks Yoona looking confused.

“No not exactly I told everyone else but she went on a date with Khun so we didn’t bring it up again.”

“So what does she exactly think you’re doing here? Never mind it doesn’t matter anyway.”

“Oppa why are you so worried about it?”

That question caught Daesung by surprise. He himself doesn’t even think he knows why he’s so worried he doesn’t think he still likes her, but he’s not one hundred percent sure if that’s truly what he feels.

“Sorry Daesung, we don’t mean to be nosey.”

“Aniyo, I honestly just don’t know Seohyun.”

“It doesn’t matter anyway, but why did you pick Yoona?” “Yea we heard that you were going to pick Wendy or Irene” Yuri and Hyoyeon ask.

“Well at first it was going to be Irene but I didn’t want her to have rumors swirling that we could possibly be dating. So after Yg hyung and I talked about it and we decided since we had good chemistry when we filmed Family Outing, and that we were close friends at one point. We decided that Yoona would be a good fit and luckily she felt sorry for me and said yes.

“They’re going to think you guys are more than friends from what I hear you too will be doing.”

“She’s just going to be taking my shirt of and touching my abs. What’s wrong with that you all seen my abs before.” He says while biting his bottom lip.

“OMO OMO Daesung stop that right now!!”

“Omo Yoona do you know how many female idols and fangirls will be jealous of you”

Yoona starts to blush as she tells Yuri to be quiet.

“I can see the headlines now. Daesung and Yoona performance too hot for TV, Banned from Inkigayo” They all burst out laughing at what Sooyoung said.

Daesung and the girls continue to talk for a while until the makeup artist interrupts them and says she needs to finish Yoona’s hair and makeup.

So Daesung decide to go for a walk to clear his mind of any negative thoughts.

As he walks the halls of Sbs, he runs into eager juniors wanting to shake his hand and get autographs. Is this how Jiyong hyung feels all the time it’s a little overwhelming.

He stops and chats with twice the rookie girl group, He remembered them from the MAMA awards. Also Seungri kept getting mad because the three Japanese members kept looking in his direction during the awards. “Hyung no fair how come you get all the cute girls. I’m the maknae I should be getting the love.” As he continues to talk he can’t help but notice how Twice reminds him of Snsd. Note to self don’t fall in love with one of the members. After singing the chorus of his song to them, he decided that he was going to get a quick bite to eat at the café and relax before things got to busy.

While approaching the café he notices a familiar figure giving her order to the cashier. He blinks a couple times just to make sure he’s seeing things right. As he gets closer there’s no doubt in his mind that it’s her.

Daesung can’t help to think if his luck is ever going to change. He gets in line behind her as he starts to chuckle. The women in front of him gets her food and turns around to see him.  He nods his head and smiles as he gives order.

She continues to stare at him, when he turns around and begins to talk.

“Hello Tiffany-sii.”

“hee.ll...oo”

“What brings you hear?”

“Umm I came here to support Yoona.”

Daesung looks a little puzzled and thinks if maybe she does know what Yoona is doing.

“Oh okay I just saw her a few minutes ago with the rest of the girls. I was actually wondering where you were.”

“Well, I didn’t come with them”

“Oh you must’ve come with Khun.”

“Neh, we came together.”

“Oh okay, so how are you guys?”

“Look daesung as much as I want to catch up I don’t think it’s a good idea.”

He starts to snicker, while shaking his head.

He looked at her and says “you don’t have to worry about me jumping down your throat again. I was out of my mind for doing that I wish you and Khun the best though. I hope you enjoy Yoona’s performance.”

She just stares at him with her eyes wide open.

As Daesung hears his name from the cashier letting him know that his order is ready. He grabs his food walks back over to Tiffany and whispers in her ear “I don’t remember you stopping me, I thought I was a pretty good kisser.” With that remark Daesung walks away, and heads back to his dressing room.

 

 

****

 

 

“There are so many Idols here tonight” Tiffany said to Khun as he seemed to be busy with his phone.

“I saw your junior’s Got7 and Twice over there a few minutes ago.” As she points to where the junior groups were seated.

“Khun could you at least act excited to be here.”

“Sorry Fany, I just don’t see why they did all this for him.”

“What do you mean him, you mean Daesung? Do you think he asked for this?” she says with a confused look on her face.

“What I mean is he’s had 3 scandals in less than a year and yet they treat him like he’s above all the criticism. I swear if he wasn’t in BigBang.” Khun replies still focusing on his phone seemingly looking more aggravated.

“I don’t think that’s fair he’s had his fair share of criticism and hardships just like the rest of us. Why bring BigBang in this do you know how hard it must be for them to keep such a low profile. Remember a few years ago all those scandals they had, it could have destroyed them but only made them more united and look at them now.”

“Jeez are you dating me or are you Dating BigBang,” he replies shaking his head looking a bit shocked at her response.” Why are you defending them in the first place? If he really wanted to keep a low profile why did he make this song about a girl he was too afraid to show his feelings for.”

Tiffany is surprised at Khun for acting like this. After all this time they never once discussed Daesung and now she feels uneasy being hear. At one moment she’s glad she’s here to cheer on Yoona. Even though she still is unsure of what Yoona is doing, but seeing all the older idol groups she figures it’s probably a special stage of some sort.

Even so she’s torn because even though she’s here for Yoona she can’t stop herself from thinking of Daesung and how he’s going to perform his song. The feelings for Khun are there but she also knows she doesn’t hate Daesung like she tries to tell herself she does. As she continues to think to, herself she’s brought back from her thoughts.

“I’m hungry, I’m going to go to the café.”

“Aniyo, I’ll go I have to tell the girls I’m here anyway and wish Yoona good luck. I’ll stop by on the way back.”

“Okay Fany I’ll go save us a seat.”

As Tiffany heads out the waiting area she decides to stop by the café first. She walks up and gives her order to the cashier. As she’s waiting for her order she can’t help to notice snickering behind her. She doesn’t pay any attention to it, finally her order is ready and after paying for it she’s stunned by seeing who was behind her.

She just continues to stare at him until he gives his order and he turns back around and speaks to her.

“Hello Tiffany-sii”

Tiffany stumbles on her words as she tries to respond back to him. She wants to say so much to him but she can’t bring herself to say any of it.

She’s even surprised to hear him ask. Why she wasn’t with the others. Thoughts go flashing in her mind did he miss me? Was he expecting to see me or is he just being nice? Why did I have to run into him? He does look handsome. I can’t wait to hear him sing.

After what seems like a long time of awkward silence Tiffany tells Daesung that she doesn’t think it’s a good idea for them to be talking. Daesung just laughs to his-self and before he leaves he leans in and whispers something in her ear.

He walks away and Tiffany is left standing there with a shocked expression on her face. She starts to head back to where khun was sitting and notices the rest of the girls had made their way to their seating area.

 “Here Khun.”

“That’s it, they didn’t’ have anything else?”

“You could say oh thank you Tiffany.” Sooyoung says while receiving a glare from Tiffany, while Khun just sits their ignoring her.

Taeyeon leans closer to Tiffany and whispers to her “hey Fany guess who we saw” “who Daesung?”

“How did you know?”

“I bumped into him in the café.” she says while fixing her dress.

“I wish I was there, did you two talk or what?”

“No not exactly Tae, I really don’t want to talk about it.”

As everyone starts to get quite the first groups to perform are Twice and Gfriend. They ended up doing a cover of each other’s songs and then ended up combining to do a cover of Snsd’s Gee. The girls are amazed at how talented these rookie girl groups are.

Up next were a couple boy groups having a dance off and eventually dancing to popular girl group songs. Everyone cheers and laughs at how funny and good the guys were at imitating the dances.

As it gets closer to Daesung’s solo stage Tiffany starts to think about what daesung had said to her “I hope you enjoy Yoona’s performance.” She can’t get that statement out her head. She wonders what he meant by that.

“Hey Tae, do you know when Yoona will be up isn’t it almost time for Daesung’s solo soon?”

Taeyeon just avoids the question the best way she can and eventually says “I think she’s doing a duet with someone”

“Oh really that’s awesome, do you know who?”

“Aniyo she said it was a surprise”

With that the lights turn off and the music starts to play. The girls pay close attention with everyone else wondering what’s going to happen. Daesung slowly rises up and begins to sing.

Tell me is it hard to see,

Seeing you with him is killing me

Tiffany stares at him as she knows he’s talking to her through the lyrics of the song. Her eyes never leave him along with the rest of the girls.

That is until she sees Yoona come up behind and start touching all over him. All the audience members scream and the idols ooh and ah. Tiffany starts to feel uneasy and khun notices it he quietly gets up and leaves. She doesn’t go running after him instead she’s stuck on the guy who did everything to apologize and be friendly towards her.

The way his voice sounds so angelic has the crowd singing to the song. Even the idols are singing along Tiffany lowers her head as she doesn’t want to look at him anymore, when the audience suddenly burst out in uncontrollable cheering.

 She looks up and sees Daesung’s shirt being ripped off. Her eyes focused on his abs and the way he’s smiling at Yoona, she start’s to tear up a little, Taeyeon notices it and tries to comfort her.

As the chorus comes to end, the girls are surprised about what Daesung does. With the lyrics fading out I’m tired of trying, best wishes to you. He leans in looking in their direction and kisses Yoona. All the idols and the crowd become silent for a moment then loud applause fills the arena.'

 

 

 

 

 

what  just happened, has daesung completely gotten over Tiffany. Did he kiss Yoona to make her jealous or is it something more. thank you for being patient with me.