Bad News

Secret Societies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyong POV

It's been two weeks since Hyuna and I's first kiss and we've been meeting each other every other day since then. I know she's the enemy but everytime I had the chance to kiss her again during these two weeks, I took it. Getting to know her more and more just makes it harder for me no to fall for her. 

This morning I got up earlier than usual in order to go to a doctor's appointment. For what? Yep. You guessed it. My gastric cancer ......

I'm honestly not sure how much time I have left but I hope I have at least 5 years right? Great, now i'm getting worried. 

I shook the thought out of my mind and got in my car and headed towards the hospital. 20 minutes of driving passed as I finally parked my car infront of the hospital. I wasted no time in getting out of the car and heading in to the building. As soon as I went in, the familiar smell of sick and dying people hit me. ahhhh.....nothing better than the smell of death....(note my sarcasm)

It wasn't long till they called me up and I headed into the white room that i've been in countless times already. I sat in my seat and waited for the doctor to enter. In less than 5 seconds the door opened, and I immediately got tense. 

Breathe Taeyong.........Breathe.....

"Mr. Lee it's nice to see you again" my doctor said as we gave eachother a firm handshake. "It's nice to see you too....I just wish we met for another reason though" I said as I let out a laugh. I use humour to make myself feel better, but nowadays its not helping at all.

"Alright Mr. Lee, are you taking you're medications" the doctor said while looking at some papers infront of him.

"Yes sir, everyday three times a day like you asked me to" I said with a smile. He returned a smile but somthing in his eyes told me there was something wrong.

"S-so did you get the results from last week's precedure?" I asked, trying to calm my nerves. The doctor seemed to pause for a minute and be in deep thought. He then gave me a look that made my heart drop.

"Taeyong the results came back and it seems that.....you have......one year to live...maybe less." 

I looked at him in horror. I tried to process the words he had just said as I stood up and I looked at him in disbelief.

"No. No. Y-You said just a month ago that I would have 5 years to live!" I said as I paced back and forth and began breathing rapidly. 

"Taeyong you need to calm down." The doctor said as he grabbed a hold of me but I pushed him away.

"YOU SAID 5 YEARS!!!" I yelled frantically as I grabbed his shoulders and shook him. He gave me a stern look that haunted me.

"I'm sorry." he said as he got out of my grip and walked out the door, leaving me in the room in shock and terror. Tears ran down my cheeks as I stood there and took everything in.

1 Year.....I have 1 year to live.

Nana POV

It's been about two weeks and a few days since the last time I saw the other PIC members. Yep, i'm still stuck with the annoying, arrogant, stupid L. L is in the bedroom getting dressed to go to his 'job', although i'm not sure if you can call it a job. I'm officially losing my patience with being contained in this apartment. Seriously, where the hell are my friends?! Did they just forget me?! 

"They probably did, since they don't care about you" Myungsoo said out of nowhere. He came out of the bedroom in nice clothes and with a smirk on his face.

"Leave my thoughts alone!" I said as I pushed him and he just laughed. Annoying prick....

"Whatever I don't have time for this anyways, I have to get going. Try not to have too much fun while i'm out, ok princess?" he said giving me a wink as he went out the door. I grabbed the closest thing to me and threw it at him but he closed the door just in time.

I SWEAR I CAN'T TAKE ANOTHER DAY OF BOREDOM IN THIS APARTMENT!!! 

I headed towards the kitchen and served myself some cereal.  

I sat on one of the black seats and ate my cereal slowly. As I looked up, I noticed an object next to the sink. I focused my eyes on the object which made out to be......a phone. I quickly got up from my seat and walked over to the phone. I realized it was L's phone and that he must of forgotten it. My heart was racing from the thought of being able to get out of here. I quickly grabbed the phone and unlocked it. Ewww. A picture of Yoona and Myungsoo kissing was set as the wallpaper. Good thing L didn't put a password....what a . I quickly dialed the only number that I had memerized, Hyuna. I pressed call and stood there impatiently waiting for Hyuna to answer.

"Come on Hyuna! What could you possibly be doing?!" I muttered as the phone continued ringing on the other line. I felt as if there was no hope.

"Yoboseo?" I heard through the other line. It was definitely Hyuna's voice.

"Hyuna! It's Nana! I need you to trace this call and get me the hell out of here!" I said quickly.

"Nana!? Where the hell are you?! We've been sick worried about you!" she said as I rolled my eyes. Then why haven't they found me?......

"I don't know where I am! I'm in Myungsoo's apartment but I was blind folded so if you don't mind, will you please hurry the up before he figures out that he left his phone!" I yelled. 

"Ok, I'm tracing the call now but I just texted Hyunseung to inform Kyungho" she said.

"Ok but there's a problem, L put a barrier around the apartment so no one can come in or out unless he allows it" I said as I heard Hyuna curse on the other end of the line.

"I'll contact someone don't worry, just make sure you stay on the line" Hyuna said as I heard some shuffling and a car engine in the background.

"Ok" I replied as I ran into the bedroom and got dressed.

I'm saved, that is if Myungsoo doesn't come home before.

Myungsoo POV

I arrived at the JS building and walked towards my office. Park Shinhye came up to me and gave me some folders that I had requested last night. 

"Myungsoo remember that there is a meeting at 9 am with all the leaders" Shinhye said to me.

"Yeah I know, can you do me a favor and tell Woobin, Eddie, and Taeyong to come to my office" I said as I went into my office. She nodded her head and walked away. For the past two weeks I've been ignoring Yoona's calls. I'm worried that she knows something about me and when I'm with her, she can see right through me. I wouldn't be surprised if she knew I was lying to her, she knows me better than anyone besides Taeyong. Other than that, i've just been spending time with Nana. A little too much time acutually, i've gotten used to seeing her everyday when I come home. One time she even cooked something for dinner. Yea. I know. MIRACLE. Everyday I just look forward to coming home, does that make me a horrible person?

The door to my office opened and infront of me was Woobin, Eddie, and Taeyong. 

"So what is it this time?" Woobin said with a smirk. 

"Well first of all we still need to find out where that sniper came from because obviously somones keeping a close eye on me" I said as I put the folders on my desk. 

"Ugh....he's dead why do we have to look deeper into that" Woobin complained.

I sat in the seat behind my desk and looked up at Woobin.

"Because I said so, but today we're going to the club. I have to meet someone over there so I can have another insider since well the other one is dead" I said rolling my eyes.

"What time?" Eddie asked.

"8 PM" I replied and all of them nodded their heads.

"Ok then I'll see you guys later, ya'll can go back to training" I said.

"Wait before we leave, I would like to announce that I got a new phone so does anyone want to buy my old phone?" Woobin said holding up his old phone. The rest of us rolled our eyes and told him to shut up.

 "Damn, ya'll don't have to be rude you know" Woobin said as they walked out the door.

I looked at the time. 

8:50 AM

I made my way towards the meeting room and bumped into Ilhoon. Ugh. I hate him, he never does his job right. I walked into the room and took my seat.

The meeting went by fast, Jungwoo just talked about useless that we already know. Everyone seemed to be fully concentrated on the meeting while I just sat there, bored out of my mind. I glanced at Yoona a few times, she was focused on the meeting as well. I noticed that she glanced at me a few times as well, I bet she's pissed at me. The whole time I just doodled on my notebook, not listening to anything that Jungwoo was saying.

It took an eternity for the meeting to finish, that apparently only lasted an hour. 

"You're all dismissed." Jungwoo said as he went out the door. I quickly got up and walked towards the door but was stopped by someone tugging on my blazer. I immediately turned around to see Yoona with an interrogative look.

I gave her a fake smile and tried my best to act natural.

"Why haven't you answered my calls?" Yoona said, raising her eyebrow in a questioning manner.

"I've been busy these days sorry" I said as we both walked beside eachother.

"I can tell when you're lying to me.." Yoona said, letting out a sigh.

. Now what?

"Why would I lie to you?" I said, trying to keep calm.

"I don't know, you tell me." She muttered. I could feel her cold glare on me. She know's i'm up to something, I need to come up with an excuse.

"Listen I have a lot of work, I've gotta go" I said as I gave her quick kiss on the cheek and rushed towards my office. I didn't dare turn back.

Once I was in my office, I sat behind my desk and remembered that I needed to call the guy who will be my new insider for PIC. I put my hand in my pocket to grab my phone, but I felt nothing. 

hmmm...that's wierd, maybe I put it in my jacket.

I grabbed my jacket and looked through the pockets.

Nothing. . No. I quickly looked through the drawers of my desk to check if I left it there.

Nothing. 

No...I couldn't have. Did I leave my phone in the apartment.....

The door to my office suddenly opened, while I was about to have a heart attack. What if Nana has my phone.......

I looked up to see Woobin bringing in some files.

"Hey boss, i'm ju-"

"Shut up. Come with me, now!" I said as I grabbed his shirt and pulled him with me. I dragged him towards the parking lot and in no time, I was in my car with Woobin driving as fast as I could back to the apartment.

Hyuna POV

Hyunseung and I informed Kyungho about Nana and we sped through traffic to get where Nana was, tracing Myungsoo's phone. With us, was also a witch that we need to break the 'spell' that L has around the apartment in order to get in. 

"Alright, we're almost there" Hyunseung said as he concentrated on driving. 

Kyungho ordered us to look through L's apartment for anything that could be of use to us and burn it down afterwards, and of course to save Nana.

"We're here" Hyunseung said, looking into my eyes. The three of us got out of the car and quickly entered the building.  We went up the elevator and were there in no time.

We walked towards the door that was supposedly L's room. 

"Alright well do your thing" Hyunseung said to the witch. The witch rolled her eyes and closed her eyes and went into deep concentration.

Hyunseung and I looked at eachother with a 'the ' look. She muttered some words that I made out to be latin.

"Done" the witch said as she opened her eyes. 

"Alright I guess i'll open the door" Hyunseung said with a smirk, seconds before kicking the door open. 

We entered the room and it didn't take long for Nana to appear. 

"What took ya'll so long?!" Nana exclaimed. Hyunseung and I ignored her remarks and quickly started looking through L's apartment.

"Is there anything usefull we can take from here? Like information about JS?" I said as I looked through L's cabinets.

"Trust me there's nothing, I've seen everything there needs to be seen in this apartment" Nana said,rolling her eyes.

"Alright well then light the place up" Hyunseung ordered the witch.

"Incendo" the witch said as the place filled up with fumes and flames.

"WHAT ARE YA'LL DOING?!" Nana yelled with a shocked expression.

"Burning this place down." Hyunseung said as he motioned for all of us to get out of there. I looked at Nana and it seemed as if she disagreed with what we were doing.

"Let's go, NOW." the witch said.

"Nana come on." I said to her.

"Wait." she said seconds before she ran into the bedroom. All of us got out of the apartment room and Nana joined us a few seconds later with something in her hand and coughing up smoke. 

"What's that?" I asked, confused.

"Nothing, let's go "Nana said, all of us went back in the car and sped out of there.

Myungsoo POV

We arrived at my apartment in 20 minutes but there was firemen outside on the street and people surrounding the building. 

"Oh !" Woobin exclaimed. I was in shock, my heart dropped as I played through the worst case scenarios. Woobin and I quickly got out of the car and went close to the building.

"EVERYONE STAY BACK!" The firemen yelled. 

"OH MY GOD! DUDE YOU'RE APARTMENTS ON FIRE!" Woobin yelled. 

Wait. NANA!

I ran towards the entrance of the building but I was met by two firemen who pushed me back.

"STAY BACK!" they yelled. 

"What are you doing!?" Woobin said as he pulled me back away from the people.

"If i'm not out in five minutes, assume i'm dead" I said, seconds before teleporting into my apartment.

I immediately felt the burning sensation of flames on my skin and the smoke filling up my lungs. I could barely open my eyes.

"NANA!" I yelled as looked around me in fear. 

Not in fear of my own life but of Nana's.

I looked around me and only saw flames and smoke. I ran into the bedroom, jumping over the fire between the two rooms. 

"NANA!" I yelled once more at the top of my lungs. 

There was no one in sight. I quickly went into the bathroom in hopes of finding Nana inside there safe and sound.

No one. 

"NANA!" I exclaimed as I suddenly felt the floor below me start to give away. I teleported back into the living room and found my phone on the couch. I grabbed it, which was a huge mistake, burning me to the touch from how hot the steel was. On the phone's screen I could see that there was a recent call with....Hyuna.

! That ! I'm over here risking my life for Nana and she just decides to burn down my apartment. I quickly remembered the only photos I have of my family. I teleported back into the bedroom and opened the drawer

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter