Unexpected

Axiom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Unexpected

Yejin winced at his words. The wrinkle at the corner of her eyes when Kai said those words did not missed by Sehun, making him wonder why.

Kai almost took steps closer to her but Yejin took steps back abruptly when she noticed this. She did not want him near her. She had forgotten on what they had before. Right now, she clearly did not want any of memories of the past rushing in; giving her the idea to do stupid thins such cherishing her presence after years not seeing him. She stopped; she gave away everything when her mother told her to leave everything behind before they moved away, including Kai.

How cruel the world was to her at that time. When her mother told her not to bring anything, remember anything, just because her mother found out that she had been in contact with her siblings without her knowing.

She did not know anything about him after that. Not even when Kai got into prison.

And the most surprising thing for her right now, the fact that Kai was befriend with Sehun.

The one that she thought the man who killed Minseok.

“Yejin,”

Both of the man stopped when they called her at the same time. Sehun cleared his throat and looked away meanwhile Kai stared at him, seemed try to find out something that he hid.

“I believe outsider is not allowed to be here.” Yejin decided to spoke after a long silence, looking at Sehun as she talked and waiting for the confirmation. She clearly ignored Kai’s presence.

Kai let out a dark chuckle, “What happened to you, Yejin?”

“Sehun,” she pressed, giving the silence threat through her voice to immediately kick him out of the company.

Sehun looked to both of them in confuse. Kai acknowledge her that Yejin was someone from his past, but she did not show anything, only the opposites that Kai shows until now. But the way she treated Kai, it was the same how she treated him before the accident that happen to him recently, cold, mysterious, and full of hatred.

Kai, being the hot tempered guy, disliked on how he treated by her. She disappeared, right when he was deeply in love with her. He hated how he could not even find her, no matter how. It was like she was a ghost. There was no trace of her. She moved away and he got nothing left.

Heartbroken, he decided to relief stress by racing.

Something worse happened. The accident happened. He got into prison.

His life was hell after that.

And when he saw her again today, she turned her back on him.

“Ah,” She winced in pain when Kai suddenly grabbed her wrist tightly.

“You owe me explanation, Bae Ye Jin.”

She tried to twist his grip, but it was no use since his grip onto her even tight. She sensed his anger, something he barely shows in the past and when it happened, it scared her. Even after few years, she still found herself scared of him which made her disgusted with herself.

“Let me go!” She tried to keep her voice stable, but came out –what she assumed –weak.

“Stop!” His voice rose, filling the room. Yejin immediately stopped, her subconscious told her that she would be in danger if she did not listen to him, like she used to. However, her mind failed to remind her that she was not even together with him anymore now.

Her body reacted the opposite with the way her right state of mind.

She listened to Kai.

His breath came out unstable as his body controlled in anger. He was more than glad to see her again after all these years. At least his idea of her sent to some kind of e world was not true. He had thought about bad possibilities that happened to her. He worried about her. He was beyond relief to see her healthy, perfect in one piece, just like the last time he remembered her.

But he was angry with her attitude.

She changed.

And he deserved any explanation more than anyone.

“Come with me,” Kai finally said with hard tug on her wrist, making her stumble at his direction.

At this, Sehun moved. He saw the unwillingness on her face despite the horrified expression that she had. With equally strong grip, he twisted his grip on her wrist and stood between them, making what he thought a safe distance between Kai and Yejin. Kai shocked upon his action but did not say anything.

“She doesn’t want to come with you.” He said, pushing her body with his free hand to hide behind him.

This time, Yejin allowed the physical contact he just made. She was too bewildered to deal with herself.

“Move, Sehun. You don’t even know a thing.” Kai growled.

“I don’t,” admitting. “But as her co-worker, I cannot stand still and watch you hurt her, especially in my office. Whether you dislike it or not, she is still my responsibility.”

But Kai ignored and this time, he reached out his hand and tried to shove him. “Move!” He was fuming in anger.

At the strong push, he swung to the side but quickly regained his balance. Behind him, Yejin was trembling in fear. She never liked it whenever Kai was angry. The possibilities of him hitting her were high. Back then, she would always hide whenever Kai could not control his temper, fear to be beaten. However, no matter how well she hides, he always found her.

Unconsciously, her hand was holding onto the hem of Sehun’s shirt from behind.

“You better leave, Jongin.” Sehun suggested.

“Give her to me first.” He conditioned.

Deciding that it was the best not to answer Kai by himself, he looked over his shoulder. “Do you want to go with him?”

Yejin looked up upon hearing his voice but immediately looked down, tried to hide her scared face. There was no way she would show anyone any of her weakness. She hid it so well and this time was no exception. However, she also realized that she could not face Kai by herself. The fear was too overwhelming. Slowly, she shook her head.

“She doesn’t want to.” He voiced out her gesture.

Kai clucked his tongue, annoyed but did not say anything. He knew how stubborn Yejin could be. It would be hard to talk with her right now. Although he was curious, he knew he should be a lot more patient. After all, he already knew where to find her now.

With a long sigh, he finally calmed down and came to a conclusion.

“We’ll talk later, Yejin.” He warned. By the way he said that, Yejin knew she could not just get away from him this time.

Kai gave Sehun long last look before he turned around and left the office. It was just the both of them now. Sehun turned around, facing Yejin who seemed still in daze on what happened just now. She did not even realize that the hand that was holding onto his shirt was now on his grip.

“Yejin?”

Yejin blinked her eyes several times before she looked up. The reality finally absorbs onto her system, making her pulled away her hand from his grip immediately.

“How do you know Jongin?”

At last, he asked when he could not hold his curiosity any longer.

“None of your business,” she spoke after a long silence.

“He’s my friend.”

“Then why you don’t ask him by yourself.”

Sehun shook his head, “Looking at his state now, he probably would not tell me either.”

“Then what makes you think that I will tell you?” She challenged.

“I thought I could help.”

She scoffed, “Help? I am sure I don’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter