Anxiety

Axiom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Anxiety

“Have you seen him before?”

Sehun shook his head, not taking his eyes off of the figure who sat across from the woman they were currently spying.

“You said that he is the Silver Wings?”

Kai just nod his head.

“Are you sure that he is the cause of the accident that happened to me?”

Sighing, Kai turned his attention towards the confuse Sehun.

“You only brought 10 boys that night. I already said this before, Hun, none of them knew exactly how you got the accident. The only thing they knew that they got beaten after you two took off for the race. After they were conscious, they found nothing but my broken ride on the scene. Someone must help you that night. I don’t know.” He explained one more time because Sehun seemed not to get it with the first one.

“None of them knew?” He asked again as the confirmation.

“Positive,” he nod. “That was another reason I visited your office. To check if you are still alive.”

Now that he was sure that he had nothing to ask now, he decided to absorb all of the new information on his head.

The place they were currently stayed was well hidden under the shadow but still clear enough to watch the two figures inside the coffee shop across the street. The street was still crowded even it was almost midnight, probably because it was the busiest street in Seoul after all. The district was close to the night club area, making the night filled with soft thud of loud music in the air.

Leaning against their own ride, they often mistook as one of the people who waited for the girl that often threw themselves just for the sake of money. Sehun’s work attire was well hidden under his black leather jacket, almost giving him the vibe of the man who was only out to enjoy the night ride if it wasn’t his full backpack on his back.  Meanwhile Kai with the ped leather jacket, showing off his messy shirt and only wearing a pair of jeans was looking much younger than Sehun.

With Kai’s messy hairstyle, he got a lot more attention from the girls who passed by rather than the neat looking Sehun. Although both of them got the unwanted attention, their eyes still focused to the two figures across from them.

“I couldn’t figure out his face.” Kai groaned, cursing the fact that the Silver Wings they were looking right now only show a bit of his side profile.

“Why does Yejin know him?” Sehun mumbles under his breath, but Kai heard that.

“That’s the thing I want to know the most.” He sighed. “She couldn’t relate or have relationship with him, right?”

“I don’t know. 2 years of knowing her, I never saw her close with anyone.” Sehun started, but knowing the fact that he couldn’t judge her private life either because he wasn’t even close to her because Yejin kept pushing him away. However, he knew despite the relationship she had with another co-workers on the company, he was the closest to her. “She’s quite introvert.” He whispered.

Alas, Kai knew her better.

They fell into another silence, trying to figure out thousands questions on their own. Both of them stiffed when they caught the sight of Yejin laughing at whatever the Silver Wings said to her.

“This doesn’t feel right.” Kai voiced out his thought, disliking the fact that Yejin was with another man, especially the Silver Wings who ‘terrorized’ him for years.

Even though Sehun was still silence, he agreed with Kai. Both of them had hard time to find out who was this Silver Wings after years. They anticipated his movement every now and then, but it was never predicted. The letters that he sent out to Kai meanwhile he was still in prison was the start of all and he could not even remember now the last thing he ever heard about Silver Wings.

Suddenly both Yejin and the Silver Wings stood up from their seat. Sehun and Kai immediately straightened up their posture, feeling anxious about the face of the infamous Silver Wings. However, their wish did not come as they want. It was like he knew that he was being watched, he immediately wore the black mask that almost covered up all of his face, leaving his eyes in sight.

Deciding that this spying activity was not going to end soon, they trailed on him with the safe distance until they reached apartment blocks. Both of them stopped as he entered one building and did not come out after one hour and half.

“It looks like he won’t come out.” He uttered, looking at his watch which shows 2 in the morning.

The idea of another man spending night with Yejin made Sehun gritted his teeth in annoyance. His fist tightened on his side and it went unnoticed by Kai who was still busy with his thought about the relationship between Yejin and Silver Wings. Although he also dislike the fact that there was another man in her life right now, but the fact that Silver Wings knew about what happened to Minseok was still intriguing him.

“I should make another research about him. Certainly, Yejin is another clue.” Kai concluded.

“Don’t put her under dangerous situation!”

At his sudden outburst, Kai frowned at him. However, his outburst was reasonable. He knew Kai more than anyone. He knew that Kai would do anything to get what he wanted. With the short temper that he had, he was afraid that he would do something awful.

“It’s Yejin.” He snickered, was silently giving out the fact that he knew Yejin longer than he was which made Sehun felt small all of sudden, yet he still did not believe him.

“Leave her to me.”

Sceptical, Kai seized up the man in front of him with judging look. “What would you do? Asking her directly about the Silver Wings?”

“I’m not that stupid, Jongin.” He narrowed his eyes.

Kai did not say anything after that but he was thinking. Suddenly, he let out a snort which made Sehun frowned.

“You are interested in her, aren’t you?”

Startled, he quickly regained his cool.

“For your information, she’s not an easy catch.”

I know that already, still, he made the mental note. “I will do my part to gain information from her. She’s my co-worker after all.”

Kai shrugged and Sehun surprised on how easy he agreed to his idea.

“I’ll also do my own part. We have to know everything about them soon.”

“What business trip?!”

Cha Seo Jung, Sehun’s secretary, startled at the hostile tone from her boss. Hesitantly, she handed the business proposal about the business trip he had to attend at Thailand in silence. Her boss was clearly not in the mood for talking, she knew it really well. With the deep frown on his forehead and corner lips tugged downward, she better not to do anything stupid that caused her trouble.

For the past couple weeks, his days were anything but good. His head somehow would get extremely painful when he over-works himself, which never happened before. Aside from the work matters, Kai had been pestering him about the information related to Silver Wings nonstop. Kai never acted like that before and this was seriously starting to get on his nerve since he also got nothing for the report.

Sighing heavily, he snatched the proposal from the desk and flipped the pages forcefully. The loud noise from the pages being forcefully flip filled the room, making Seo Jung grew nervous by seconds. Her hands even got sweaty. Nonetheless, she could not get out before she got the order, whether about the preparation for the trip or anything else. In short, she just could not leave this room before Sehun spoke

“Uhm, Sir?” She tried to get his attention back when he was already too absorb into the proposal on his hand, probably forgetting about the secretary who was still standing across from him, waiting for his order.

However, Sehun did not say nor he heard anything but frowning at the certain point as he disagreed with what written on the proposal on his hand. There are still a lot to fix! Who the hell did this proposal? It must be one of the snobby head managers. Massaging his forehead, his head already count on how much time he would spend for fixing the proposal meanwhile his other job were still waiting to get them done.

At last, Sehun finished reading the whole proposal. Whether he liked it or not, he should go on the business trip. He knew that Mr. Choi himself gave him the order and knew that the boss counted on him the most; he just could not let him down for the sake of his job.

“When and how long?”

Seo Jung sighed in relief when her boss finally spoke for the second time after she stepped into his office. No matter how much an eye candy her boss was, she just could not stand if she had to be in the same room with the angry lion.

“In two days, Sir. It is going to be 4 days and 3 night’s trip. There are presentations for the first two days and some seminar will also be held there.”

He nodded, already used to short notice like this. This was not as bad as the last one when he had to leave in the afternoon once he got notice as he arrived at his office in the morning.

Cracking his knuckles, he leaned backward to relax his back muscle after sitting for more than 5 hours already. Seojung almost gulped in sight of her boss, which clearly oblivious about the effect that he made with showing his board, muscular chest that printed perfectly on his white neat shirt. Before the blood rushed to her cheeks, she quickly looked away and chanted few account numbers on her head to distract her thought.

“Just prepare everything like usual.” He ordered, already back to his work but then he remembered something. “Also add the files of the past 5 years sales, production and human resource.”

Seojung paused a moment when she heard his order, then she remembered that she had not tell him about another information.

“Actually, Sir, there are no needs to bring the files with you. Each of head manager

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter