Reason of Nightmare

Axiom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Reason of Nightmare

"Which is the true nightmare, the horrific dream that you have in your sleep or the dissatisfied reality that awaits you when you awake?"

“Hyung, who is this?”

“Oh!” He exclaimed, his eyes sparkle in excitement. “This is my little brother. He’s cute, isn’t he?” He laughed, taking the photo from his hand.

“Rather than cute, he looks grumpy with those squinted eyes.” He commented –half joking.

Minseok laughed at this comment, but nodded in agreement. “It’s hard to make him smile, but that makes him cute.”

He shook his head, join his laughter. “You’re such a weirdo.” Sehun couldn’t agree more to his own words.

....

....

A loud crash came from the room upstairs. The maids downstairs startled, but did not make any movement as it was already common known to not do anything about it. Few minutes later, loud steps were coming from upstairs. The maids immediately looked away, pretended to be busy with their own stuff when Sehun reached down with the look that made anyone in this room chose to be fired rather than dared theirselves to talk to him.

He hissed in anger. As if he couldn’t even control any more what was inside him, he kicked the vase on his way, making it shattered into pieces. The photos on top of the small cupboard on the hallway became his next target. In seconds, his hands swipped away once perfect frames into nothing but pieces. The pain and cuts on his head barely notice. He was clouded by his rage.

“OH SE HUN!”

The voice sounded like a thunder in the daylight.

Oh Jun Su was standing in stairs, looking disbelief of what his son just did.

Sehun glanced with much hatred on his eyes to the man he called father which in his case never acted like one.

Ignoring his father’s words, he grabbed his leather jacket on the couch and heading towards the garage where his motorcycle was. In a flash, he was gone from his hell called home.

Anyone would have their second home somewhere.

But this basecamp was Sehun’s number one home.

As he stepped inside, the boys he barely knew their names greeted him. It was strange how people he barely acknowledges did that, but that small gesture made him felt in ease.

“Where’s Minseok hyung?” He asked one of the boys who was looking on the same age with him.

“He’s out. It’s already half an hour; I supposed he’s going to return soon. He won’t take long he said.”

Nodded, he decided to sit down. But the boys invited him to their game, made him instantly forgot his pain on his arms which started to absorb in his system. Strange, but they made him laugh. Everything was so easy here and he didn’t deny that he love this place.

“Sehun, you know, we are sort of running out of beers.” One of the boys sheepishly smiled as rubbing the back of his neck.

Sehun looked around and the others also had almost the same expression as him. He placed one his billiard stick on top of the table and pulled out his wallet. With ease, he pulled few bills of 50,000 won that almost made other’s eyes bulge out on how much he carried around.

“Is this enough?” He asked, immediately handed it to the one who asked him earlier. “I’ll just transfer it to usual account later.” Not waiting for the answer, he proceeds back to his game.

The circle almost howling in delight which made Sehun tugged his corner lips upward.

“Race tonight!!”

That was why he liked it here. People here knew how to relief stress.

“Sehun, my little guy!”

At the familiar voice, he turned around just to find that he was attacked with a brotherly hug.

“Hyung!” His voice came out like a whine. The boys behind him were laughing at how the two acts.

“Why?!” His doe eyes like widened in disbelief as he released the hug. “You are my little brother!”

His heart warmed at the endearment.

“Yeah, when I’m almost a feet taller than you.” He scoffed, trying to hide his smile.

Minseok shook his head, laughing. “I almost wonder why you grew up so tall in a span of year. You were just this height last year.” He gestured his shoulder.

“I’m not that short!”

Still laughing, he pulled Sehun out from the crowd as he started telling him where he was.

“You met your brother?” He asked again to confirm.

“Yeah, it’s been 2 years I haven’t meet him. You know, it’s pretty hard when parents divorced in not so good way.” He shrugged, but his smile still lingering on his lips.

No, Sehun did not know how it was hard.

“How was it?” Sehun asked.

And the story just flew from Minseok’s mouth with ease. Everything that he told him strangely made his heart tugged in a strange way. Instead of happy for him, he rather felt the opposite. The pain on his arms started to stung again. It was glad that it covered by his jacket so anyone did not notice this.

Sehun did not know, the tug inside him was happening for a while everytime Minseok told him about his family. Even when his parents divorced, but he still had sibling. He still had something that keeps him happy.

Almost in instant, the flash of his father’s face crossed his mind. It reminded him what happened back then when he left home today.

Minseok continued his story, with delight, but Sehun unconsciously muted his voice.

For the first time, that day, the basecamp did not feel like his home.

.....

.....

He ran.

His breath almost caught up on his throat but he still ran, faster.

“JONGIN!”

Kai, who had his head hung down, turned his head to the source. The tears were still visible on his eyes and his hands were trembling like crazy, he had a hard time to compose himself.

“What if he didn’t make it?” His voice came out hoarse.

“What if he died?!”

Sehun was silence. The hospital was crowded but the only thing that he could hear was his drumming hearbeats.

When Sehun left the accident scene to get help, Kai and Mi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter