Finale

Axiom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Finale

 

“The End.”

 

It had been a week of Kai’s observation at where Yejin and Sehun work at. As he expected, he didn’t see Sehun anywhere. He tried to get the information from insider and it said that Sehun disappeared without notice. The co-workers and the boss finally assumed that he still needed his recovery after the accident. Kai didn’t know how Sehun managed to spread that fake news. Besides, it should’ve suspicious to see Yejin and Sehun were absent at the same time.

Then again, it was Sehun. He had so many ways.

Under the shadow of a tree, Kai leaned his body. It was twilight, yet he hadn’t left his place since the beginning of the day; looking straight at the company’s building. He thought so many possibilities of his life, mostly. However, beside those, he had this feeling that he might get something if he stays longer, just for today.

It seemed that he was right this time.

A white sport motorcycle suddenly passed his eyesight then stopped just few meters from where he stood.

Kai knew exactly who it was. When he pushed up his helmet cover to reveal his eyes, Kai knew that he was about to walk himself to hell.

Those eyes pierced at his with full hatred and anger.

It was just now or never.

In that abandoned forsaken building, the only sound that heard was heavy breath echoing every corner of the room. The birds left their place once loud –frustrated screams filled the building.

There was no one; none except those two.

The punch hit Kai’s jaw. He noticed it too late that it was a feint, thought, when another punch doubled him over and expected the last bit of chocked air from his flat stomach.

It was heck of a shot. Outside of having the wind knocked from him, which he always hated. Kai noticed a fair amount of pain with the gutshot, which was something he wasn’t used to. A hit to the face, yes, or even the kidney –but the guy shouldn’t have been much more than discomfort, if that.

Fortunately, he was used to it all. A veteran of bar fights in years and countless win or lose fights, even being out of air was something Kai knew how to deal with.

He stood straight, eyes bulging with rage, and stared at his opponent –Sehun with equally bleeding forehead and cuts all over his face but much better than his own condition. The man tried to stand up, hovering Kai who was shorter than him for few hair strands.

“Is this what best friend do?” He punched him in stomach again.  “Huh, Jongin?!”

Kai almost lost his balance again when Sehun kicked him right on his stomach. His spit bloods and his vision became worse each second. But he couldn’t let himself lost his conscious now.

“You’ve been lying for years.” Kai finally managed to say between his unsteady breaths. His fingers slowly crept into the device that attached to his belt.

Sehun frowned at this, “What?”

Kai let out sarcastic laugh. “Don’t act clueless, Sehun­-ah.” Sarcasm was thick on how he spoke his name.

“What the are you talking about?” Sehun hissed as he took few steps closer.

“Kim Min Seok’s death,” he paused, watching Sehun’s face turned rigid at the name and stopped. “It wasn’t because of the accident.”

Sehun froze on his place. The words successfully turned his body numb.

“How does it feel, Sehun? To know that someone finally know the truth.” Kai hissed; both in pain and fury. “I went to jail for years because of what you’ve done. Is this what best friend do?!” He used Sehun’s words against him.

“Shut up!” Sehun suddenly shouted and punched him again. Kai, who wasn’t prepared for the attack, flew few meters back at his strong blow. This time, he could feel that his rib broke. He should finish this faster than he intend to, before he lost his conscious.

“You killed him, Oh Se Hun! You killed Kim Min Seok!”

Sehun approached Kai who tried to get up and kicked him again. Before Kai could get up, Sehun pinned him down by press one of his knees to his broken rib which made Kai howled in pain.

“Shut up, Jongin! Or I will make you shut your mouth for the rest of your life!” He threatened, grabbing his collar and ready to launch any punches to his swollen face.

Instead of being afraid of his threat, between his bloody cough, that man smirks. “Karma is coming right at you, Oh Se Hun. No matter how great you hide the carcass, it will eventually smell.” He stopped. His eyes were looking right at his black ones with deadly glare. “Too bad, I’m the one who smell it.”

Sehun went wild at this. His punches became stronger and Kai who was under him couldn’t do much to avoid his attack. He felt numb. He couldn’t even feel blood rushing through his veins as the pain became too much for him to bear.

Few minutes later, Sehun finally stopped. His grip on Kai’s collar still tight, but he almost lost his own energy out of his rage and wild punches. Even though it was hard, Kai managed to keep his conscious and spoke.

“The man that you killed that night—,“ He paused, spitting more bloods. His eyelids felt so heavy. No. He couldn’t let his eyelids fell close. “It’s Yejin’s older brother.”

Sehun didn’t know how much he could handle the information that Kai told him any longer. The last one was enough to put him in great shock.

He didn’t see this coming.

He definitely did not.

Sehun’s body swayed backward. Kai took this chance to push the body that pinned him down even further with all the power that left on him. Even though the pain almost became more unbearable –almost making him wish to die, he still had purpose. The purpose he almost finished.

“You killed her brother. I thought you think Minseok as your own brother. Why? Why did you kill him?!”

Sehun was speechless. His eyes were empty; staring blankly to the ground beneath his feet. No. It was impossible.

“You lied. Yejin is not his sister!”

“I didn’t!” Kai shouted, making his rib in pain at how strong he pulled his nerves. “Minseok certainly ever told you about his younger brother. For your information, his younger brother has a twin sister.”

Slowly, Sehun shifted his attention back to Kai who now had trouble to control his breath. Kai stare back at him with much hatred and anger. Sehun realized what Kai just told him only narrow all of the remaining questions that left unanswered to one fact; the fact that he wished it wouldn’t become reality.

“Kim Ye Jin, Kim Myung Soo’s twin sister; the little sister of Kim Min Seok that you killed!”

Sehun, with his condition that still much better than Kai, with one swift movement stood up and approached Kai again. Without any warning, Sehun poured out all his rage on him again. His punches might not as strong as before but the intensity was enough to put Kai near the edge his death.

“He’s not supposed to tell anything about his family in front of me!”

“It’s his entire fault!”

“He knows that I don’t have a perfect family! Does he really need to rub it on my face?!”

“I thought with his family divorce, he could understand me.”

“I thought he think of me as his brother!”

“But why?!”

“Why does he keep telling me about his brother?!”

“Even when Minseok hyung wants to meet his brother, he had to make such a big effort!”

“Why not me?!”

“WHY?!”

Sehun finally stopped as his body forced him to. His knuckles already wrapped by blood, even he couldn’t perceived some of his fingers and moved again. Although he didn’t get to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter