Awake

Axiom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Awake

“Oh Se Hun?”

It was true when she arrived, the nurse who was going to enter his room immediately stopped her from going further to his room, telling her that she should wait for a moment meanwhile the doctor check his condition. The oxygen mask hadn’t taken off from his face, allowing only his eyes to move. The medicines had making his body numb. But he didn’t try to move an inch; he literally had no strength to do anything.

His eyes finally darted to her, few moments after his eyes adjusting to his surrounding and also his own condition. He recognized the familiar scent, antiseptic, that he didn’t cherished at all. Now, he wondered how in the world he could end up here.

“Hey,” Yejin called again, bracing herself to walk closer to his bed.

Sehun mumbled something against his mask, making it fogged up by his breath as he tried to speak. However, Yejin quickly waved away her hand, signalling him that he didn’t have to talk.

“You’re still weak.”

Sehun just sighed, slowly blinking his eyes, already hurting at the sight of the lamp which almost making his eyes got teary.

“How do you feel?” She asked again. Despite her dislike towards this man over here, she couldn’t help but to sympathised over his horrible state. “Blink twice if you feel okay, once if you don’t.” She instructed.

Sehun slowly blinked his eyes two times, making her sigh in relief. It was good, for her.

It was silence. Sehun was still looking at her meanwhile she stood there, awkwardly, clearly not knowing why he stared at her with the intense gaze. Despite the condition that he was vulnerable, his gaze didn’t change. It was sharp, intense, and she always hated how the aura always dominated his surrounding without even him trying.

After the longest time she ever felt, she finally distracted when Sehun suddenly moaned painfully. The groan escaped his lips, audible enough for her to hear. Panic, she walked closer to his bed, leaning slightly to check if he was okay.

“Are you okay? Blink twice if you feel alright, once if you don’t.” She repeated and Sehun did once. “I’m going to call the doctor,” She said, already pushing the emergency button. “They’re going to take care of you.”

The Doctor came in just one minute after she did the action. After several check up to his condition, the doctor finally concluded that he should get some rest. Yejin nodded in understanding and looked over him.

“I’ll visit again. Rest well.”

Sehun blinked his eyes twice slowly and Yejin took it as a sign that he had heard her. Waving awkwardly at her work partner, she walked away from the room.

On the other side, the doctor had injected another medicine through his tube. Sehun let them do their job, fixing him but his eyes still remain on the door which slowly closing with a soft thud. His mind started to think, but the harder he tried to think, the more painful the headache he had, then he decided to stop and let the drowsiness took over his body off to the dreamland.

 Yejin didn’t come on the next day.

Other than she was busy to finish her work which already doubled up with Sehun’s, Myungsoo requested to spend more time with him before he went to China for 2 weeks for business purpose. Also, part of her didn’t want Sehun to think that she cared for him if she visited almost every single day, despite what Myungsoo had told her.

There was still a huge part of her that contradicted to his plan. She didn’t want to get close to Sehun, actually, no matter the reason was. Aside from the curiosity, she believed that Sehun was not a good person, someone with ill will and that was how she saw Sehun after 2 years of knowing him.

However, to succeed Myungsoo’s plan, of course she had to force herself which brought her back to the hospital on the fifth day after her last visit.

A nurse opened the door immediately after two knocks, not expecting that it was so quick, Yejin slightly jumped in surprise. The nurse apologized and let her came in since it’s already the visiting hours.

Scanning the room with a quick glance, she found Sehun was now sitting with his back leaning on the headboard, throwing his glance outside the window. No longer attached to his oxygen mask, he looked so absorb on whatever he was seeing or thinking that he didn’t even notice her presence. It was almost deafening, the silence.

He looks better.

“Oh Se Hun?”

At her voice, he snapped out of his thought and looked towards the source. He narrowed his eyes, trying to figure out who it was, standing by the door as he adjusting his sight to the light of the room.

Although he finally acknowledges her presence, he didn’t say anything but just stare at her. Yejin shifted uncomfortably under his gaze, standing awkwardly at her place.

“I brought fruits.” She decided to cut the silence as she held up the plastic bag she was holding.

Yejin smiled awkwardly and decided to put her belongings on the small coffee table in the corner of the room. She took her time really slowly while arranging the fruits on the basket that provided here. She almost gritted her teeth, feeling suddenly annoyed at the silence that he was giving. To be honest, she couldn’t stand it any longer than this.

And she knew, she couldn’t arrange the fruits any longer than this either.

“So, how are you feeling?” She turned around, leaning slightly against the glass table and not planning to get near anywhere with him within 3 meters radius. People would probably saw this strange but she couldn’t care about it.

Instead answering her question, Sehun was frowning. It looked like he was thinking but she couldn’t figure it out since she was also confuse by the way he act. She knew that Sehun always spoke when it was necessary to his surrounding, but she knew he treated her differently. Not that she became arrogant for that reason, but he did treat her differently after admitting his attraction towards her for several times already.

I could die with this awkwardness!

“Yah, Oh Se Hun,” Her chuckle sounded out really weird, even to her own ears when she decided to drop all of the formalities, something that she never did before to him. “Speak about something. You don’t lose your ability to talk, did you?”

Still silence and he was looking at her like some kind of a rare animal in the zoo.

This time, she dared herself to look back at him. At that moment, her eyes finally widened in realization. She quickly took quick steps towards his bed, making his even narrowed than it already was while following her movement. Perhaps.. Don’t tell me--

“Yah, Oh Se Hun,” She whispered carefully, “Do you—“

“Why did you come here?”

She was stunned. He finally spoke and by the way he spoke, she was relieved that her assumption wasn’t true. But immediately she frowned on how to answer his question.

“Is it wrong to visit the co-worker?” She decided to ask back.

Sehun just eyed her then threw his vision back to the window, not answering to her question.

It irked her.

“Oh Se Hun.” Using her usual tone whenever she called him, hoping that he would eventually respond to her right now.

“What?” He took a quick glance at her.

Yejin closed her eyes, taking a deep breath as she tried hard not to blow up on him. Especially not this time when he was still sick and she needed him.

“You are frustr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter