She Was Everything

Axiom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She Was Everything

Sehun leaned by his motorcycle that still parked in the basement. After she agreed on riding his motorcycle, she had told him that she refused for him to pick her up in front of the building. He knew she avoided too much scenes from the other workers if they saw both of them leaving the building together when they always known for never having a good term.

He already knew that he had an accident because of riding the motorcycle from the doctor. However, he was confused that he found that his vehicle was everything but damaged. He did not know whose vehicle he used, because this white one was the only vehicle that he owned. His family did not even know what happened to him, so there was no way he asked them. Although he was also sure that, they also did not know what happened on his life for the past years already. The only thing that came up into his mind was visiting the headquarters. However, he was sure that he could not visit for the next few weeks because of his works.

“Hey,” He greeted her softly that almost came out as a whisper as she approached him. “You’re here.” He sounded out his thought, after contemplating that her acceptance almost felt surreal especially when he had to wait for her tardiness more than an hour.

Yejin nodded. Her eyes darted toward his motorcycle. Sehun followed her eyes and immediately knew what was on her mind.

“Here, take this. You can tie it around your waist.” He handed off his blazer that was still on his arm after he took it off earlier and replaced it with his black leather jacket.

Yejin glanced at the cloth and took it with hesitation. Sehun caught it but did not say anything as he watched her tying his cloth around her waist. She made sure that it tied tightly and securely covered her legs that still wearing skirt.

“Do you want to eat something in particular?” He asked as he handed her the extra helmet, which he realized it was a bit bigger to her head when she wore it.

She shook her head when she came up with nothing, causing the oversized helmet weigh her head down and covered half of her face.

Sehun had to bit his lips to prevent him for smiling to wide and eventually crack laughter. In impulse, he reached out his hands to fix the helmet back to the right position on her head, sliding up the transparent cover to get a good look on her eyes. Her hands stop in the mid way, not expecting that he pulled such a stunt.

After carefully pushed her shoulder long brown hair, he pulled back his hands.

“Is Chinese food okay? I know a place.”

“Alright.” She gave a short reply.

Sehun swung his long leg with ease as he hoped on to his ride meanwhile Yejin had trouble to climb up because the backseat was much higher.

“Hold onto my shoulders.” He gave instruction.

Sehun bent down his upper body so Yejin could reach up with her height. Wordlessly, she climbed up while holding onto his shoulder for support, fixing his blazer on her waist to cover up her skirt that pulled up, exposing her thighs. Sehun had to bit his lips for not making his groan audible when her light grip shockingly made his broken shoulder in pain.

After all, he had not fully healed.

“Ready?” He titled his head at her direction.

She only hummed in respond.

“Hold onto my waist.” He instructed again.

For years she succeeds avoiding to ride on a motorcycle, she should finally brace it this time. As much as she hated this kind of vehicle, she could not really get away from it when the people around her strangely had the same preference. After fighting her big hesitation on her head, she finally gripped onto the sides of his waist, hoping that he would not go too fast that made her had to encircle her arms around him. She still disliked any kind of physical interaction to the people.

“Hold on tightly.”

Then they left the basement building.

The dinner was anything but comfortable, at least for Yejin. She chewed on her food slowly, slightly uncomfortable under his gaze across from her. She knew that he had been watching her eat since then and she was not a woman who was oblivious with her surrounding either. If it were not for the sake of Myungsoo’s plan and the reason behind why he had that bracelet, she would not even think to put herself in such situation.

“What do you think of the food?” Sehun tried to open up a conversation for the nth time already this night, seemed like he will not stop anytime soon. No matter how Yejin dropped off the topic as fast as it did surface.

“Good.”

Just like that.

Sehun nodded and nibbled on his chopstick slightly, clearly not disappointed by her short answer. It was amazing enough for him to find her sit across from him. Despite the fatal accident that just happened 2 months ago causing he lost his short-term memory, he felt normal. Sehun was always honest with his feeling, especially when he attracted to someone. It was not like everyday he confessed to someone but Yejin was clearly different case. He could not figure out what he saw on her, but everything about her fascinated him.

Her physics, her confidence, the cold attitude, the smart brain of hers, snappy attitude even her vanilla scent.

It was exactly one and half year ago, when he knew that he was attracted to this woman and thought that telling her the truth was the best decision he ever made which clearly turned out wrong.

It was the second time he confessed his attraction towards the female. First was his ex-girlfriend from university that he dated for 2 years –the longest relationship that he ever had and the second one was Yejin.

Sehun knew he would not get what he wanted when he saw the reaction after he confessed. Yejin was angry and he knew she was serious about her dislike towards his words. He did not know why he decided to blurt out his thought, but when he thought it was the right time, he just did. Later when he tried again, the reaction was getting worse from the last time. Strangely, this did not make him back down and the highlight was the last thing he said at the party.

“The more stubborn you are, Yejin, I am going to chase you even more. The more you say no, the more determine I am going to win your heart. Last, the more you hate me, the more I am sure, one day you will fall over heels for me.”

At the memory, he ducked his head down in shame, feeling his cheeks burned with embarrassment. Oh freaking Se Hun, what makes you think to say those kinds of words to her? Who exactly are you? You are no one! He cursed on his head.

“I’m done.”

Her voice made him snapped out from his ridiculous thought. Clearing his throat, he saw that she already did finish her dish.

“They have the best steamed bun. I’ll get it.” He quickly stood up and left his chair to get the dish at the self-serving Chinese restaurant before Yejin could stop him.

Sehun came back with three portions of steam buns on his hands and placed it on her side. Yejin only glanced at it because honestly, she felt full already.

“Do you want to try them?” Suddenly he felt stupid for just asking that after he got those for her. Well, he could not help it because he also needed time to recover from his red complexion.

She hesitated then shook her head.

She only spoke a little, I noticed now. Aside from the work matters, she does not really speak that much.

Nevertheless, he knew this kind of chance would not come again twice, maybe it would, but it probably took forever.

“Would you try a bit? It’s delicious I guarantee.” He insisted, pushing the smallest portion of the steam buns to her. “You won’t regret it.”

“I’m full.” She finally said.

However, Sehun just grinned and took a big bite of his own steam bun. “Me too,” he chirped, receiving the glare from the woman.

Yejin sighed at his pushy demands and finally decided to take a bit of it.

“Anyway, thank you for helping my job done meanwhile I wasn’t here.”

“You already mentioned that.” She softly said, chewing slowly on her bun.

Sehun smiled at her, “I know. I just want to say that.”

She stared at him emotionlessly, not saying anything but finishing her own buns.

Strangely, Sehun found it really endearing to watch her chewing on the fluffy bun with her cheeks full of food, even with her lack of emotion.

“You said you will help me, right?”

Yejin nodded, clearly not forgetting what she said in the hospital. “I’ll try my best.”

Sehun sighed in relief. It did not slip from her attention, knowing that he probably doubt it because of her act towards him for the past years. Feeling nervous all of sudden under her stare, made Sehun shifted uncomfortably on his place. Clearing his throat, he took off his leather jacket due to rising temperature inside the restaurant and pulled up his sleeves to his elbow. Yejin eyed his wrist carefully, tried to find

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter