Klexos

Axiom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Klexos

(n) the art of dwelling on the past

"Who could blame us for wanting to be there when it lands?"

“Have you heard anything from her?”

“I am sorry, Sir, but no, I haven’t heard anything.” His secretary announced politely.

Sehun run his hand through his hair, leaning slightly to the table where his secretary stood behind it, watching the boss seemed anxious about not seeing his work partner for more than a week already.

“Sir, if I could suggest, why don’t you ask her secretary? I saw her this morning, she already back from wherever she were for the past week.” At least that what she thought she could help him.

His back straightened, and his eyes did not leave hers for few seconds at the news, making the secretary’s heart did a little flip inside with his intense gaze.

“Right,” snapping his fingers, he breathed out then he was gone to the other side of the office.

Hoping that she probably would be there at the same time as her secretary did, he quickened his pace. Her office was already on the sight, but the curtains were close and there was no light coming out through the window. His hope slightly vanished in the air, thinking that she probably would not be inside, but he asked her secretary anyway.

“Miss Yejin is still in Japan, Sir. The investors are extending the market development meeting schedule and they want her to be there.”

That made Sehun frowned. Why did she not tell him about the plan? Did Mr. Choi just give the task only to her but not to him, the financial manager? As long as he remembered, he also included in the new plan of their market development. Even if all of them was Yejin’s idea but it would not be successful if it were not because of his accurate calculate of the financial statement. Certainly, this never happened before, an overseas business trip without him.

There were lot of questions running on his head and he was not even certain what the answers were yet. He had not speaks with her after the party that made him slightly anxious about what the last thing he said to her. He had regretted all of the things he said to her at that night and planned to apologize for not thinking straight, for everything, hoping that it would not affect their work.

“What’s with the long face?”

In instant, he snapped out of his thought and turned toward the source, showing Kai with his annoying grin on his face.

“None of your business,” he looked away.

“Right,” Kai dramatically rolled his eyes, taking sip of his beer before he tossed –now the empty can to the trash bin. “You come here a lot for someone who said that he decided to end this kind of lifestyle.”

His eyes flickered back to the tanner man across from him. “You know the reason why.”

He snickered, “Such kind of loyalty.”

Sehun ignored his sarcasm remarks and focused his thought on the other thing aside from what happened in the office. However, once again his silence was interrupt by the loud bang from the door, revealing one of Kai’s goon worried, and anxious face.

“Kai, they broke into your house again!” He reported, breathlessly.

Sehun grew alert. This was something he just heard and hearing the word again from him must be something that Kai did not tell him. Before Sehun asked further to the young person, Kai beats him and dragging him out of the room before he could explain further on what happened to his house.

As soon as he was out of the room, Sehun exploded.

“What the hell happened, Jongin? Is it someone from Silver Wings?”

“None of your business,” he repeated what he said a moment ago with the same dull tone.

“Screw that!” He raised his tone, having enough of Kai not wanting for him to mind his own business. “We both know we are involved in this. It was us who were only at that scene!”

Kai grew stiff at the mention of the fatal accident that he refused to remember it any longer. It was something that caused him trauma and grew alert whenever someone mentioned race. He didn’t want something like that happened again in the future. However, after he stopped the thing he loved, he chose to drink and smoking as his stress reliever which Sehun didn’t quite agree with his new habit, especially when Kai tried any kind of weed to satisfy his needs.

“What did they take?” Sehun pressed when Kai didn’t speak anything.

Ignoring him, he chose to light up his cigar.

“Jongin,” He hissed with both fists clenched on his sides, holding himself not to launch at him and land another punch on his face like the last time. Because it was the last thing he wanted to do to the person he considered as a brother already.

“They didn’t take anything. I checked.” He took a long inhale before his respond. “I don’t know this time. It’s probably the same like the others.”

He frowned at this. “How many times exactly they broke into your house?”

Kai shrugged, like it was not a serious matter, “5 or 6.” He didn’t try to cover this anymore.

Before Sehun could respond anything, the goon who came earlier to deliver the news showed up for the second time, this time he didn’t even bother to knock. With the same expression that he had like last time, he was holding something on his hand. Sehun eyed the thing with curious gaze. However, on the other hand, Kai grew stiff at the sight. It was like he anticipated that thing long ago before it actually came. Sehun didn’t miss this sign and he decided to take further action.

“Hey!” The goon was surprised when Sehun snatched the helmet from his grip but eventually looked down as knowing who he was.

He didn’t recognize the helmet. As he examined the helmet, he found the letters written by ink coloured blood shoot.

“Tomorrow night, 12 PM, Han River.” He read the letters aloud. “They moved the date and you didn’t tell me.” He looked at Kai who avoiding his gaze. “You knew.”  He pointed that out.

Sehun was silent for a moment, thinking. After he got the conclusion on his head, he looked at Kai again who was looking at him with curious gaze, as if he hadn’t expect that Sehun took this news way too calm than he expected.

“You’re not going tomorrow.”

“What?!” He shocked. “They’re going to ruin our headquarters if I didn’t go!”

Sehun shook his head, making Kai even more confused than he already was. “You’re not going,” he repeated. “I’ll go.”

After long argument last night, they finally got into the conclusion. The rest of the gang agreed to Sehun’s plan and Kai had to stay behind when the selected goons that Sehun chose went with him to Han River tonight. Kai despised the idea and until now, he didn’t understand why Sehun wanted to sacrifice himself to the battle field. He was sure he had another reason. Kai knew that Sehun was close with Minseok and he thought that curiosity of who was behind all of this got him.

Indeed, Sehun had his own reason.

Sehun and the goons had arrived one hour before the actual meeting. They received another exact letter that told them the specific place where they would meet this morning. The place was isolated, perfect for the meeting, especially when the other side had strong intention to do mischievous things.

Sehun w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter