I hate you, I love you

Between The Lips

“Oh god, hyejin, I mean, can’t you just come over? I am seriously frustrated!” Wheein chopped the tomatoes, her phone squeezed between her head and shoulder, and her neck started to ache.

“Okay, just open the door,”

She let the phone slide onto the counter, grabbed a few tissues, and wiped her hands, then walked to the door.

Hyejin was there in less than two minutes, the joy of having your best friend live next door.

 

“You look like an old lady, a woman in her late 40s, with this thing you are wearing,” the short haired teased, using her arms to push her up, as she sat on the counter behind Wheein.

 

“Says the one who went through all the hi i’m your divorced aunt hairstyles,”

“Did you ask me to come over so you can offend me?”

“You started it,”

 

Silence took over the small kitchen, and nothing could be heard but the sound of the knife against the chopping board.

 

“I really don’t like her,” Wheein started.

 

“She’s so annoying, oh god, everything she does makes me want to never see her again, never talk to her again. Hyejin, she pisses me off so much, I can no longer handle it. Have you seen the way she smiles? Hyejin, does she have to do that so annoying thing with her nose, and then it’s all wrinkled and annoying, then to make things worse she points at it. Oh, and when she is performing while wearing a shirt that is even the tiny bit short, she keeps pulling it down, like girl chill, you have nothing in there to keep hiding it. Hyejin, her hands are all the time either pulling her shirt down, fixing her bangs, or around whoever is next to her. Have you heard the way she talks? She drags her sentences, her voice a mix of deep and reckless, annoying. She doesn’t even know how to choose a good filter to take a picture; she doesn’t even know how to take a god damn decent picture. She doesn’t even know how to do a bodywave the right way. Let’s not forget when she gets embarrassed, she hides behind whoever is next to her, she clings to Yongsun unnie like a moth sticks to the flame. She literally hugged every girl we ever met. WHY DOES SHE FLIRT WITH EVERYONE! I am so tired of this entire thing; I hate it. Does she think it’s okay for her to keep doing this?”

 

Wheein stops to take a breath, turns around to face Hyejin, her face red. She inhales once, twice, focuses, putting some effort on what’s she’s going to do next.

 

“Oh, Wheeinie, don’t wear this shirt like this, at least wear pants,” she says, imitating Moonbyul’s tone, dragging her sentences.

 

“I can wear this suit, and roll the sleeves up, and look like the ideal girl crush, but you can not wear this skirt,” she adds.

 

Wheein groans in frustration, turns back to her knife and chopping board, fumbling around with the peppers, before she starts cutting them into small pieces.

 

“Wheeinie, you are mine,” Wheein starts talking again, “then she goes around hugging everyone, kissing everyone, being everyone’s, and I still have to be hers. That’s unfair.”

 

The chopping sounds stop, and so does Wheein’s voice. She stands in place for a second, holding the knife’s handle hard that her knuckles turn white, but she doesn’t notice.

 

Then she pushes everything away, the knife falling in the sink, the pieces of pepper and tomatoes all over the place, and she rips a bit too much tissues, before wiping her hands, stomping her way to the living room.

 

Hyejin jumps off the counter, silently follows her best friend, sitting next to her on the couch.

 

“I never chose to be in this situation,”

Hyejin presses her lips, looks at her best friend’s face, with round eyes like a baby’s.

 

“Why do I love her so much?”

Hyejin tilts her head a little, takes a breath before she speaks, “you know, Wheeinie, she loves you too..”

 


for the cute twitter user mamoorebel I hope you like it ^^

I think i never said this before but i am so thankful for all of you, everyone who subscribed, upvoted, and commented on this story..you all give me life, so thank you so much, i love you all.