If I Were A Boy

Between The Lips

What do you want to be in your next life?

 

“A woman,” Solar smiled.

“A woman,” Hyejin answered confidently.

“A woman,” Wheein laughed.

 

“A man,” Moonbyul cooly said.



 

They were getting comfortable in the car when Hyejin asked the question again, curious about her members’ answers.

“A man,” the rapper said, without giving it a second thought.

“If you were a man in your next life, who would you date, out of the three of us?” Solar teased, despite knowing that Moonbyul wouldn’t change her answer from two years ago.

“Wheeinie,” the latter answered, clicking her tongue and pointing finger guns towards her fellow member, but was surprised to the cold glare the younger girl gave her.


 

Wheein’s simply cold glare, that Moonbyul had brushed off as the girl being tired after the dreadful schedules, turned into a total cold attitude for the following few days. It started when Wheein greeted everyone all smiles but only mumbled “morning” while passing by Byulyi, and got to the point of her leaving the room every time the rapper walks in.

The only time Byulyi managed to get near the younger one was when the latter was taking a nap between schedules.

 

She tried to ask her what’s wrong but only got a groan as a response before Wheein walks away again.

“She’s keeping distance,” Hyejin murmured out of nowhere, making the silver haired jump.

“Information much, maknae,” Byul rolled her eyes, “I can see that she’s keeping distance, can’t you say something helpful?”

“Just so you know, I’m doing this for her and not for you cause you obviously don’t learn from your mistakes but,” Hyejin cleared and added sarcastically, “only If I were a boy, I’d date the most perfect Jung Wheein because who cares about Wheein’s feelings and my feelings if we’re both girls.” With a sigh, the youngest of the group left a bewildered Byul standing still, sorting her thoughts.

 

Wheein’s feelings? My feelings? Don’t learn from my mistakes?

Coming to the conclusion that she will not come to a conclusion by herself, she decided that Yongsun will be of big help.

With all the new stuff Hyejin had told her and the long schedules stopping her from getting some alone time with the leader, she thought she’d go mad, but she somehow managed to stay sane.



 

“Use your brain, Moon, Wheein had acted like this before, when was it?”

Moonbyul sank deeper in the couch, before rising abruptly to stand on two feet.

“Around two years ago when I said, during that radio show, that I would date Wheein if I were a guy, right?”

A proud smile crept to her face when she heard the older’s slow claps, only to be washed away at the reminder that she should put an end to that cold mess.

“For how long will you keep denying yourself,” Byul tilted her head with a puzzled look on her face and Solar just rolled her eyes, “don’t act stupid, nerd, you know I mean your feelings for Wheein. It’s about time you get over your If I were a guy in my next life I’d date Wheein and ask the girl out before you lose her.”

“I’m supposed to have her in the first place, in order to lose her. I don’t.”

Yongsun used the back of her hand to smack the rapper on the head. “Stupid, just really seriously awfully stupid! I really wonder why she likes you.”

“She likes me?”

“Are you freaking kidding me, Byul?” The girl shook her head fast, making herself dizzy.




 

Moonbyul was entering the code to her apartment when Wheein showed up with a serious expression on her face.

“Hi!”

“I’m just here to tell you that..”

“Don’t you wanna come in?” Byulyi interrupted, and Wheein decided that it’s better to talk inside, to avoid the trouble of someone possibly overhearing what she had to say. However, she didn’t wait for a second after the taller girl closed the door behind them.

“I’m just..”

“Let’s sit down first, okay?” Byul pointed to her couch, “do you want a drink?”

 

Wheein decided that it’s not a bad idea, a drink, after all it’s better to say what she had to say when she’s not fully sober, and so she sat down, waiting for Byul to get them some beer.


 

Minutes passed between the two of them, as they both sipped their beer in silence, looking everywhere but at each other. When she felt the alcohol starting to kick in, Wheein opened to talk.

“I need to let it off my chest in order to move on, cause I’m honestly so tired of being in this situation while you’re this oblivious and dumb, but yeah, I like you, I’ve liked you for too long and maybe it’s time for me to..”

Byulyi interrupted her again, without saying a word, she pressed her lips against Wheein’s, savoring the alcohol and the strawberry chapstick, the bittersweetness of the younger girl’s lips.

It took Wheein a moment before kissing back, moving her lips slowly, fearing that going any faster might wake her up from her dream. When they finally pulled away, Moon pressed a kiss to Wheein’s pink cheeks, and another kiss to her forehead, before looking her in the eyes and asking, “would you be my girlfriend, Jung Wheein?”

 


it has been so long, right? my writers block is sever this time around *tears*