The Bus

Between The Lips

She tilted her head slightly. “Do you wanna come with me?”

Her question was sudden, took the girl before her by surprise.

“Come with you?”

“Yes. Home.”

 

The silence lasted for a bit longer than what the host endured. “Nevermind.” She stood up, picking up her bag, walking away. She turned around, beaming a warm smile to the young lady still sat on the chair by the window, before stepping out of the coffee shop.

 

It was late in the evening, and the streets were starting to get empty. This girl she had only met once before took over her mind, her smile replaying before her eyes like a broken record.

 

She sighed, the night breeze messing her hair, disturbing her vision. She walked slowly, pondering on whether she would wait for the next bus or just walk home. It was late, dark, and waiting for the bus was her best option, but she decided that walking home is better.

 

Not speeding up, not even a little bit, she started her little journey. There’s no point from heading faster to an empty house, four walls she can’t call home.

 

How she wished the girl would’ve said yes to going home with her. It wasn’t out of lust, but of longing for a warm breath that fills her deserted unit.

 

“Wheein!” A familiar voice called right before she plugs in her earphones. She spinned to look at the source of it, her eyes caught the blonde approaching her.

 

“Yes? Did I forge-”

“Should we take the bus?” The taller girl interrupted.

“Huh?” She asked, confusedly.

“To your house, babo. We can walk if you want.” The blonde flashed a wide smile, her nose bridge wrinkling slightly.


“Let’s see when’s the next bus..”

 


this came out of nowhere (or out of my serious need to having someone with me but whatever)