The First Snowfall

Between The Lips

Moonbyul walks out of the dorm complex in a hurry. She is late to the first class, and she knows that she’s getting scolded, again. It’s not like she wakes up late, no, in fact she’s always up early. However, a certain best friend of hers, who goes by the name of Kim Yongsun, has always needed too long to wake up, and Moonbyul doesn’t have the heart to leave her roommate behind, sleeping.

 

She is walking fast, with a sleepy Yongsun following close behind, dosing off.

“Good lord, Solar, we’ll get yelled at again in front of the entire major!” Byul complains, taking the older girl’s hand, walking faster.

 

Yongsun, or Solar, as her friends like to call her, scoffs, having no energy to protest the girl who’s dragging her across campus. She wants to complain, to tell her that she has no problem skipping that lecture, and that she doesn’t mind failing another year. But she knows what Moonbyul would say.

“I want us to graduate together.”  


 

They stand in front of the closed door of the classroom; panting from all the fast walking. Yongsun is rubbing her hands together in an attempt to warm them up, when Byulyi finally says, “You go in first.”

“No freaking way!” Solar protests.

“But we’ve been late because of you.”

“I went in first last time.”

“We were late, last time as well, because of you.”

 

The older girl is ready to fight back, but a sleepy voice interrupts her flow of thoughts.

“I’ll go first..” The girl says, and Byul looks around to see the familiar face, few inches shorter than her, bed hair in a messy bun, sleepy eyes, cheeks a soft shade of pink; and if Moonbyul doesn’t consider that the girl doesn’t know her, she would kiss her, right there, right then.

 

“Why are you looking at me like that?” The girl asks.

“Like what?” Yongsun peeks from behind her stunned friend.

 

“Like she wants to kiss me,” the girl, Wheein, who happens to be her class’s president, and Byul’s crush since the start of the year, casually says.

 

She looks at the taller girl again, her eyes and mouth wide open, shocked. Her cheeks are now a dark shade of pink.

“If you want it that bad, you can kiss me by the first snowfall. Now let’s go in,” she winks, stepping past the two best friends, and walks into the amphitheater.

 


I'm not sure if I'll make a second part to this one. Inspired by the mention of "the first snowfall" in Goblin.