Wedding Dress

Between The Lips

“Dear friends and family, we are gathered here today to witness and celebrate the unification of the Moon family and the Jung family in the name of the sacred union that is marriage.” Kim Dohoon announced, looking to his left and his right respectively, as he spoke.

 

Standing to the man’s left was Moon Byulyi, 24 years old, hardly paying attention to what he is saying.

 

Although oblivious to it, Byulyi, or how her friends and comrades call her, Moonbyul, looked absolutely breathtaking in her three-piece black suit. Breaking the dark monotony, she chose a red tie, and tugged it neatly between her dress button-up and the black waistcoat.

The shiny leather high heels pushed the young lady’s looks over the lines of perfection.


 

Her hand reached for her bangs, fixing them, before running her fingers down her black hair, a smirk on her face.

 

All this time, her eyes did not leave a certain person standing to the man’s right. Her brown hair was styled in a side messy french braid. She was wearing a short sleeveless lace dress, white, hugging her curves graciously, shyly showcasing her beautiful body.

 

Moonbyul smiled when she caught sight of the flower crown on the girl’s head. A princess, indeed. Jung Wheein, the princess’s name was Jung Wheein. She was 21 years old, university student, music major.


 

The girl with long black hair was the oldest of two girls, living with their mother, as her father had passed away in a car accident when she was merely eleven years old.

Her father’s absence put a huge responsibility on the girl’s shoulders, and she warm-heartedly grew up to be a reliable daughter, and older sister, however, that spiced up her character with a boyish tint.


 

Wheein was an only child, growing up with her father, for her mother left the two of them for another man.


 

Their first meeting was one of a kind, as Wheein calls it, every time she recalls the events of that winter night.



 

~flashback~

 

“Hyejin, I’m not home yet, but I am safe, so don’t worry and go to sleep,” Wheein said, holding the phone with her left hand, her right hand busy stirring the hot cappuccino.

“Where are you?” Her best friend asked. She looked up, her eyes meeting those of the girl sitting right across from her.

“Can’t I tell you tomorrow?”

“Now!”

Truth is Hyejin has always been overprotective when it comes to Wheein, which the latter highly appreciated, she also knew that there’s no point from saying no to her, so she sighed in defeat before breaking the news to the few-months-younger girl.

“I was walking from the bus station when a guy tried snatching my bag-”

“YOU CALL THAT SAFE?” Hyejin screamed over the phone, making Wheein put the phone away, hissing.

“Listen first, aish! So he was trying to snatch my bag then this really really really courteous young lady saved the night, punching the boy in the face, dropping him unconscious, then she reported him.” Wheein paused to take a breath.

“If you added another really there I would’ve thought you’re in love already, Jung Wheein, this doesn’t answer my question, where are you now?”

“I invited her to a cup of coffee, as a thank you, and we’re in the Piano Man coffee shop right now, so good night, I’ll call you tomorrow.” And with that, Wheein hang up, giving all of her attention to her saviour.



 

Little did they know, that night was the beginning of something none of them had experienced before. They exchanged phone numbers, met often over coffee or lunch. Wheein learned that Moonbyul is an officer herself, yet she didn’t expect herself to almost pass out when she saw the older girl in her uniform.

She remembers how Moonbyul cupped her cheek, leaned over to whisper in her ear, “you can close your mouth now or a bug will make it its home.”

She remembers the heat in her face, she blushed for 15 minutes straight, and avoided eye contact with the taller girl for the rest of the night.



 

Wheein found a warm embrace in Moonbyul.

Moonbyul found home in Wheein.


 

It didn’t take them long to figure out their feelings for each other, to realize that they don’t want a life without the other in it.


 

~end of flashback~

 

Moonbyul extended her hand, her fingers cautiously wrapping around the cushion pad with the ring on it.


 

"Haneul, I give you this ring as a symbol of my love. As it encircles your finger, may it remind you always that you are surrounded by my enduring love."

 

She watched as her soon-to-be father gently took her mother’s hand, smoothly sliding the silver ring around her finger, before leaning to leave a kiss on the back of her hand.


Jung Sung Won, was his name. He was Wheein’s father.

 

 


Another prompt by Rin, a.k.a mamoorebel ^^ 
i hope you love it ^^
(next one will be fluff, i promise!)