Strong Baby

Between The Lips

“Leggo!” She cheers, taking Wheein’s hand. “I have a surprise for you,” she says looking at the girl next to her, a wide smile on her face.

 

“Unnie, what is it?”

“How will it be a surprise if I tell you what it is!” Moonbyul exclaims, frowning.

“Unniiiie, please,” she keeps tagging on the older’s arm, begging her to already tell her what the surprise is.

 

“Tadaah!” The blonde utters excitement obvious in her tone. She points at a black car parked at the right end of the parking lot.

 

“Aw, wow!” Wheein brings her right hand to her forehead, fascinated.

“I have never seen a black car before; what a surprise!” She adds, before putting down her hand, throwing glances at the taller girl, clearly not amused.

 

Moonbyul looks at the car, then at Wheein again, “no, Wheeinah!” She sighs.

 

“No matter what I do you never like it..” She mumbles.

“What did you say?” Wheein asks, pouting a little, but the dimple on her right cheek is already as deep as the Atlantic.

 

“The car, I’m gonna drive us to the cinema.” The rapper finally announces, her confidence long gone.

“Really?” Wheein cheers loudly, earning the attention of the older girl. She looks at Wheein, smiling, watches her jump in her place, her hands in the air.

 

“Or maybe she likes some of the things I do.” She tells herself, walking to the younger girl. She holds her left hand, pats her head gently. Her fingers linger at the end of the black locks, and her eyes meet the younger’s. Her heart beats faster.

 

It’s not the first time we get this close, what’s special about right now?

 

She looks at the girl for a bit longer, registering all the little details: how her eyes blink fast, and a smile graciously appears on her face.

 

My heart always beats this fast when I am around her. Moonbyul realizes, snaps out of her daydreaming, and manages to say: “Let’s go, the movie starts soon.”

 

She walks Wheein to the right side of the car, opens the door for her. “Aw! What a gentle young lady!” Wheein teases, but the move wakes the butterflies in her.

 

Moonbyul bows her head slightly before closing the door. She hurries to the driver’s side, and gets in. “You’re ready?”

“Are you sure you can take us there safely?” Wheein questions her left eyebrow rising, and Byulyi nods.

 

“Manager unnie said I am ready to take you on a date,” she answers, too focused on starting the engine to realize what she has just said.

She doesn’t notice the blush on Wheein’s face, but she notices how she plays with her fingers, and the first thought that comes to her mind is that the younger girl is worried.

 

“Wheenie, do you trust unnie?” She turns to her right side, forcing a smile. Can’t blame her, I’m nervous too.

 

Wheein reaches for her fisherman hat and fixes it a bit, she then looks at the blonde with a smile so big that her gums are showing.

 

“Leggo!” She shouts, her fist bumps against the rooftop, and she flinches in pain, but that doesn’t stop her from cheering on the driver to leave the building’s parking lot already.



 

Wheein is trying to pick a nice song to listen to when she notices how tense the rapper is, holding the steering wheel so tight that her knuckles turned white.

“Go easy on it, Byulyi, it won’t run away,”she chuckles, looks up and her eyes meet a hundred percent focused expression, “whoa, miss robot..,” She teases, reaching for her phone. “Let’s take a selca and post it on our cafe; the fans will love seeing your drive.”

 

She holds the phone up with her right hand, forming a V sign with her left one. “Unnie, say kimchi!”

 

After taking the picture, Wheein takes a look at it and bursts into loud giggles. “You look too nervous oh god, it’s just me, Wheein. Unnie, breathe.”

 

Moonbyul lets out a nervous laugh, “maybe you shouldn’t post it?”

“Uhm..too late, Moon Byulyi,” Wheein plugs her phone to the car’s stereo, “too late,” she chirps. She hears the older sigh, but doesn’t mind it as she goes through her playlist.

 

EXID’s L.I.E plays and Wheein starts dancing almost immediately. She looks over at Moonbyul, and notices, for the first time, what the girl is wearing.

 

Ripped shorts, Moon Byulyi? Shorts? And ripped? Unfair.

 

They make it to the cinema in no time, and they split roles: Wheein goes to get some popcorn and drinks, while Moonbyul will get them tickets.

 

When they meet again, Wheein has the brightest smile on her face. “I can’t wait to watch Finding Dory!” She whispers to Moonbyul.

 

Byulyi stops in her spot, her eyes wide open, drawing virtual circles with her right foot, as her hand reaches for her head.

“What?” The girl with silky black hair asks.

“I, we, you know, we are not watching Finding Dory,” she mumbles, her cheeks heating up.

“What?” She asks again, her voice stern.

 

“I got us tickets for The Conjuring 2. You said I can choose,” Moonbyul says gently, slightly dragging her sentences.

“By you can choose I meant Finding Dory.”

 

Moonbyul looks at the shorter girl with eyes full of guilt.

“Aish, how am I supposed to stay mad at you if you look at me that way?” She rolls her eyes and Byulyi’s nose bridge scrunches up in a smile.

“Exactly, you are not supposed to.” 

The black haired girl slaps Moonbyul’s arm playfully, before sneaking her own arm around it.

“So is it a melodrama?”

“Huh?”

“The movie we’re going to watch; the conjuring..2?”

 

Moonbyul stops again.

“What now?”

“It’s the hottest movie out.”

“Hottest? Moon Byul Yi, are you taking me to an adult movie?”

The older girl hurries to cover Wheein’s mouth.

“Keep it low, for ’s sake, Wheein, we’re idols! And it’s not, it’s a horror movie.”

 

She watches Wheein’s mouth take an O shape, her eyes wide open, as big as a dinosaur’s eggs.

 

The blonde clutches her teeth, looks at the shorter girl nervously, waiting for the second round of arguments.

“Not happening.” Wheein finally utters.

“Wheenie, please.”

“Nope, Byul unnie, N O.”

“Puhlease..,” Moonbyul brings her hands together, and her bottom lip curls in a cute pout. Irresistible.  But Wheein shakes her head, “no, thanks.”

 

“Wheein, if you watch the movie with me I will talk to our manager to talk to Do Hoon oppa to let us go on running man, and you can meet Gary-sunbae.”

“Really?” The girl jumps in place, as Moonbyul nods a yes.

“I love you, Byulyi unnie!” She hugs her companion, already excited for the possibility of going on the famous running man.

“Who do you love more, Wheenie, me or Gary sunbaenim?” Byulyi asks as they start walking again.

 

“We can’t even compare you two,” Wheein tilts her head for a better view of the taller girl’s face, “of course sunbae.”

 

She tries to hold back a giggle, watching Moonbyul’s smile deflate. The latter pulls herself away from Wheein, pouting. “I can watch the movie by myself. You can go do whatever you want. I don’t need you.” She whines.

 

Wheein wraps her arms around the rapper, holding her tight, and all of Byulyi’s attempts to wiggle her body out of the younger’s embrace fail.

 

“I don’t like you two the same way,” Wheein starts, “I like him as an artist. I love you as Moon Byul Yi, my member, my rapper, my girlfriend. I thought it was obvious,” she shrugs her shoulders.

“These things, are never..obvious to me,” the blonde mumbles.

“Then I’ll point them for you, from now on,” Wheein whispers against Moonbyul’s neck, presses a gentle kiss on her skin, before pulling away.

“Let’s go, the movie starts soon.”

The latter says, hiding her blush, but Wheein sees it even with her eyes closed.

 

 

 

It doesn’t take long for the couple to find their seats. Moonbyul helps Wheein who’s hands are filled with snacks, holding the seat down for her, and being her playful self, she doesn’t pull her hand away, and the younger girl sits on it.

She rolls her eyes, looks up at her girlfriend, amused, “you never fail to be a ert, don’t you?”

Byulyi smiles, sits down, her hand still beneath Wheein. “Don’t blame me. It’s dim here, and the atmosphere calls for it.”

Wheein wishes she didn’t have all the popcorn and drinks in her hands, so she could slap Moonbyul.

 

The room is filled; it is indeed one of the hottest movies out.

“Unnie, I am scared.” Wheein leans closer to whisper in the older woman’s ear.

“The movie didn’t even start yet, Wheenie,” Byul’s tone is teasing, and the younger girl starts regretting agreeing to this. She sighs, sinking further in her seat. She feels soft hand taking hers, squeezing it lightly. “I am right here, and I will not let go of your hand, so don’t be afraid.” The teasing in the older girl’s voice is long gone, instead it was reassuring, and Wheein felt her heartbeats slow down a little.

She doesn’t reply, and Byulyi takes it as a cue to add, “unnie will protect you.”

Moonbyul’s voice sends comfort in Wheein’s body, a peace that only Moonbyul can provide her with, and she thinks of saying thank you, or I know, but her thoughts get interrupted by a sweet kiss pressed on the top of her head.

 

 

 

The movie starts right after, and throughout it Wheein never let go of her girlfriend’s hand. She pressed her body closer to the other’s with every scary scene, hiding her face in the crook of Moonbyul’s neck, holding tighter on her hand.

This is why I prefer to watch a scary movie with you, Wheenie, even if it is making me my pants, and I have to act all tough and not scared around you, but it’s all worth it, your cute reactions and having you pressed against me is all worth it.

Moon Byulyi smiles to herself, a smile that gets wiped away seconds later because of the movie.

 

Wheein refuses to let go of Moonbyul’s hand even after the movie is over. And she only agrees to let go when Byulyi suggests taking her picture with the Finding Dory poster.

 

“Unnie, can we watch Finding Dory on our next movie date?” Wheein asks, her arm finding its way around Byul’s.

 

“Of course. Anything for my princess.”

“Greasy.”

“Only for you.”

 

Wheein holds Moonbyul’s hand even when the latter is driving them home, and she holds her hand till they stop by Wheein’s room.

Their fingers are interlocked, and the rapper plays with her girlfriend’s fingers, draws circles on the back of her palm.

“Goodnight?” she asks after a few minutes of standing in silence.

“Byulyi unnie,” Wheein starts.

“Yes?”

“You know, it’s not like I am scared or anything. I am a big girl and I can take care of myself, but I was just thinking, you know, do you want to sleep over?”

“Finally you asked,” Byul giggles, “I don’t think I can sleep alone tonight.”

 


wheebyul is love, wheebyul is life.

ship wheebyul love wheebyul and support wheebyul (and all of mamamoo hahah i love everyone)