Some Things Are Better Kept Secret

Between The Lips

Wheein was sitting on a plastic chair on the far right of the stage. Her ankle injury kept her seated, and she shifted uneasily, feeling restrained, held back from what she loved and lived for.

 

However, she kept a wide smile on her face, the fans before her giving her life, hope, their eyes shining bright, their cheers laced with unsaid promises: “we are here, and we are waiting for you,” so she smiled.

 

She felt the presence of another member shadowing her, and she looked up, her eyes meeting Moonbyul’s. Her eyes squinted, forming crescents, half moons greeting her full moon.

 

The rapper kneeled next to Wheein, her hand finding its way to the younger’s lap in a hopeless try to cover the exposed skin.

 

Moonbyul hated that Wheein had to wear skirts while she had to sit down during their latest performances. She hated the possibilities of Wheein getting exposed, of the fans seeing her, but she kept quiet about it.

 

She looked up again, her eyes meeting Wheein’s for a split second before she got up, walking to the middle of the stage where she should be.




 

 


 

 

Wheein was sitting on a plastic chair on the far right of the stage, her exclusive spot for the past few performances, and she felt lonely.

 

She stole glances at her members, saw them move around, having fun, and she envied them. She cursed her ankle, cursed her clumsiness.

 

Moonbyul looked at Wheein, the corner of slightly twitching, hating what she was seeing. It was not Wheein, of course she would never hate seeing Wheein, but it was what Wheein is wearing.


 

The younger girl was wearing an oversized white dress shirt, almost see-through, the black shorts were invisible and barely covered her thighs, her light brown hair cascading down her shoulders and on her back. The choker around her neck made it even worse for Moonbyul that day.


 

The rapper heard the crowd go crazy when Wheein pointed at them, smiling, the upper part of her body moving to the music. The cheers got even wilder when Wheein’s hand caressed its way down her body at the half of their hit lead song Um Oh Ah Yeah.


 

Moonbyul tried to focus on her lines, to ignore how Hwasa walked to her best friend, wrapped an arm around her shoulders, while Wheein’s hand slid down and up her bare legs, then turned to her right, her face so close to the blond pressed against her.


 

One girl is walking in between us

 

Wheein has been avoiding the centre of the stage, avoiding a particular person wearing a black suit, a white dress shirt tucked neatly in, sleeves slightly rolled up.


 

“Wheeinah, at least wear pants,” Moonbyul whispered, pressing Wheein against the wall of the janitor’s dark room, her voice irritated.

 

“No! I’m going to wear it this way.,”

“Please,”

“Unnie, move away from me, my ankle hurts,”

“But you will be sitting down and all eyes will be on you!” Byul raised her voice a little.

“Why don’t you mind your…., nevermind, I’m leaving.”


 

There was no reason for her to submit to the older’s demands, and she was not going to give in.

 

 


 

 

She looked at Moonbyul a smile creeping to her face, and she sighed.

“What’s..,” Moonbyul’s sentence was cut off by their leader asking if they want anything from the store.

 

Both Yongsun and Hwasa went shopping, Wheein was too tired to leave the van, and Moonbyul offered to stay with her, to keep her company.


 

When the oldest left again, Moonbyul asked Wheein what’s wrong.

“This is tiring,”

“What?”

“This entire thing we are doing. It’s going nowhere, and we are risking the happiness of those we love,”

“Wheeinah,” Moonbyul was interrupted again, by their manager who got back into the car.        

 

She looked at Wheein, noticed the sorrow in her eyes, and it hurt her, it ached her heart to see Wheein sad, it hurt even more knowing that she was the reason behind her sadness.


 

 


 

 

Wheein could swear that earth stops spinning every time their hands touch. She sees fireworks, and feels butterflies every time they are pressed so close, their lips almost touching, their breaths crashing against each other.

 

Wheein’s heart jumps and dances every time she sees the smile on Byul’s face, the one smile reserved to her, and only her.


 

Moonbyul has to stop herself every time she sees the blush on Wheein’s cheeks when they are pressed against each other, when she pulls her for a hug, when she sings against her ear; she has to stop herself from pulling the girl in her embrace and catching her lips in a long passionate kiss.

 

She has to remind herself that they are on stage, that her undying love for Wheein should be kept exclusive to these “fanservice” moments they share on stage, to the stolen kisses in a janitor’s room backstage, or when no one is around, when the world is asleep.


She has to remind herself that her girlfriend has always been and will always be a few steps away from them, with a smile as a bright as the sun, oblivious to the betrayal of a lover, and a best friend.

 

 



prompt by the lovely twitter user Hershey *hearts*
I hope you like this <3

 

in case you're confused, the girlfriend is kim yongsun.
btw i'll appreciate prompts ^^
follow me on twitter: wheessus