Hit The Jackpot (2/2)

Between The Lips

Wheein threw herself on the bed next to her best friend.

“Shouldn’t you be spending the night at your parents' house?” Wheein asked innocently.

“My parents have other kids to keep them company, yours only have a puppy.” The younger girl smirked, and Wheein just frowned.

 

“Guess what I got us,” Wheein’s smile grew wider and Hyejin knew that there’s no good behind that smile. “You love mom’s lemonade, right?” The girl with long black hair asked, but she didn’t really need an answer, Hyejin lived and died for the lemonade of Wheein’s mother. “I got a whole bottle for the night.” Wheein picked the bottle from the floor, faced her best friend to meet a suspecting gaze.

 

“What?”

 

“What did you mix it with?”

Loud laughter erupted in the room, Wheein clapping her hands, speaking gibberish.

“Hadedyakno?”

“How did I know?” Wheein nodded, Hyejin’s grin stealing her attention, “I taught you that, Wheeinah. Thinking about it now, I corrupted you, and I sure as heck do not regret it,” the younger girl added, snatching the bottle from her best friend, bringing it to her lips, before taking a gulp.

 

“That was a big one.” Wheein laid her back on the wall. “You know my motto, go big or go home.” The short-haired girl noted.

“Bigbang Lies mp3.”

They both smiled, nodded at each other, before Hyejin grabs her phone. “Which song?” She asked her best friend, scrolling down her playlist.

“Sunset Glow!”

 

“What should we call this drink, Hyejinah?”

“Lemodka?”

“Nice, ing nice.”

“This is why we are best friends.”

 

They were getting slightly tipsy, as a pink shade appeared on Wheein’s cheeks, and Hyejin started cursing a bit more than usual. The former was about to take a sip when her phone rang.

“Who is ing calling my wife this late at night?” Hyejin slurred.

“Boss.”

“Pick up, we need that money.”

 

Wheein stood up, tapping the green circle before bringing the phone to her ear.

 

“Byulyi-nim, hello, is there something wrong?” Wheein asked, throwing glance at her handwatch, 11:21.

“Wheeinah!” The voice called, “Jung Wheein.”

“Yes, Byulyi-nim, it’s me, Jung Wheein. Are you, perhaps, drunk?” She asked, feeling Hyejin’s cheek press against hers. Typical from her best friend.

 

“Jung Wheein..” Moonbyul whispered.

“Yes?”

“I love you.”

Wheein watched her reflection in the mirror, the way Hyejin’s eyebrows rose, forming an o-shape.

“But you have a girlfriend.”

“Yongsun? Kim Yongsun. She’s just my best friend.” She felt her heart beat a bit slower, or was it faster? She didn’t know.

 

“Best friend?” Wheein asked.

“Best friend. I don’t know why everyone,” Moonbyul paused, inhaling, her breath shaky, “thought that we are dating.”

 

“Best friend..” The younger girl muttered, not low enough to go unnoticed for the girl on the other side of the phone.

 

“I thought you loved me too, then you stopped treating me the same, you stopped smiling at me brightly, you stopped sticking around, and you stopped blushing at my corny jokes. I tried,” the photographer went silent, and Wheein could hear nothing but muffled sobs, “I tried to move on, to forget about you. I admit, I realized my feelings a bit late, a bit too late. I don’t know what to do with myself anymore. I would burst if I keep this for myself any longer.”

 

Silence settled down, Wheein pulled the phone away from her ear, putting the call on speaker, before looking at her best friend, her eyes teary, her bottom lip trembling.


“But I moved on,” she whispered.

 

 


part 2 is short. this part is also based on a prompt given by an anon on ask.
sorry for breaking hearts 

*hearteu*