Dance Room - Krystal

Odd

I know this thing would happen. Urgh i hate this. I hate having a basketball practice with boys. Why should coach Kim decide this thing. Actually if the boys could stop staring at us like one of artist and stop mock us when we do something wrong, i would be really greatful to do the practice together. But, my reality’s far from expectation.

But what makes me a little bit happy here is because i could skip class. Yes, i skip physic class to attend the technical meeting for the upcoming tournament. And it’s  not like i plan it,  thank God, he’s saving my life from boredom.

Now i was heading to the bench where i put my bottle there. Coach Kim gave us 1 minute to have water break. I was about to reach my bottle, but then suddenly Bora pours her water on my legs. Yea, remember Bora? The one that i actually treated well, the one that i give my captain position. She pours her water to my legs.

“What the hell” I talked in a low voice

“Woopsie, i forgot to close my bottle” I was seeing her face, and now i’m looking down to my feet. I just remember that i used make up to cover my bruises. Well, i’m ed.

“What’s wrong with you? Did i even disturb your life? And how could you even know?” I point my index finger to my legs.

“Know what Krystal?” She smirked at me showing her victory face. “Know what!?” She suddenly shout in front of my face. But as usuall, i still put my face to her.

Right now, that Bora is literally in front of my face. I’m not even aware that Coach Kim is now infront of us.

“Ya! Stop it! What’s going in here!” He made our distance become further, thanks to him.

“Observe.” Bora smiled, and take one of basket balls on the floor.

“And thank me later.” Just like that she turn around and start to dribble the basketball.

I was still standing infront of coach. He was looking from my leg to toe. And he stopped, and observe my leg.

“You know how much i hate people lying to me, don’t you?” He asked me in a husky voice.

“Yes, coach... But, you didn’t ask...” He stopped me right before i finish my words.

“Do you think covering something that you now it’s wrong is not lying?” i was still processing what he means. I cant even answer him.

“You see, if you come here and told me that you have those bruises but you could still hold it, i would love to allow you practice.” I don’t know why but i could feel his sincere face towards me.

“If, i let you practice again with your friends, it means i’m not teaching them that lying is a bad thing to do.” He stopped and look around, like he’s making sure that there’s no one could hear him.

“So you know now what should you do right?” He asked me.

“Yes, coach. I’m sorry. I’ll try harder to not make you down.” He looked at me and nodded.

“Good.” He patted my shoulder and went back to the court.

Sigh.

This mean i need to practice alone. I can’t loose one day not to practice fully because the tournament’s only a week from now.

All i could do now is heading back towards those bench and sit. I grab my bottle and drink half of it because i was stopped by Bora’s act back then. Urgh thinking of her makes me wanna throw thousand of bottles to her face.

I was still thinking inside my head. I wonder why Bora spill out those water on purpose, and how could she know? I think many possible plot of why Bora hates me until she knows me and even my problems. Isn’t it because of i’m close to Minho? Nope, Bora and Minho had been good friends since they were the captains. And i never caught an act of her blushing in front of him. I don’t even remember what i do to her to make her mad at me. I was thinking for a long time, but then suddenly my phone buzzed.

And it’s Minho.

I’m skipping today’s practice. I’m keeping an eye on Sulli because she’s doing her cheerleader practice thing. You know, if something happen i could catch her or fastly bring her to the hospital. I will go home with you, just call me when you finish your practice okay!

Tsk. Minho’s having a big crush on Sulli now. I knew it. As a good friend, I don’t want to destroy their moments, so i decide to come home alone.

“No, it’s okay i’ll go home by myself. I’ll use the bus, my leg kinda hurts. Bye! See u at home! Have a good date Oppa!”

I never used Oppa to call Minho. But for this time, just this time because he’s marking his new chapter of his damn life; he’s crushing on a girl.

I finished on texting him and was about to put my phone on my bag. But then i realized something popped out from my bag.

It’ a black notebook, and it’s not mine. It’s Kai.

Right. Damn. I forgot to return it to him! I promised him. What should i do? Should i find him? But coach will be so angry to me if he notice that i’m not there and going around the school.  Ah should i ask Myungsoo to take it back to him?

I was thinking hard. But then this guy come inside the gym.

He’s tanned, tall, handsome. And i know him. It’s Kai. Ahh... Perfect timing! He’s here. I wouldn’t be troublesome on handing him this book.  He was walking my way but i immediatly look on the other side of the gym. I think he didn’t notice this.

“Hey” Suddenly his deep voice asked me.

“Uh.. Hey..” I put a confused face. “What are you doing here?” I asked him. I hoped that he’s looking for me that he come here.

“Well, i was heading to the dance room” He pointed his had to the door at the corner of the gym.

“Ah.. right...” I laughed a little to loosen up this awkward situation. “So.. you dance!” I clapped my hand once and smiled so bright.

“You just knew it?” He took a sit beside me and showing his smile.

“Well actually i know that our school is winning the that regional dance competition, but i don’t know who’s the hero by then”

“Oh yeah, it’s totally not me. The hero” He chuckled, and i could see his face turning red.

I only replied him with a shy laugh and turn my gaze to the court.

“So, why are you not practicing?” He asked me while looking confused.

“This.” I point my hand to my legs to show him my bruises.

“Why can’t you practice with bruises?” He asked me again.

“Coach thing i lied to him by covering my bruises with make ups.” I told him. “Actually it’s my effort to not make him worry about me, but guess what, he appreciate honesty more than effort.”

“I bet you’re super clumsy to spill your own water to your legs.” He keep laughing while he still keep his eyes on me.

“No i didn’t. Bora did, he just spill those water out of nowhere.” I stopped while now looking for Bora who’s in the court. “I don’t even know what i did to make her mad, and what i’m more curious is, how could she know about this? The only one who knows is only you, Minho, Sulli, God, and I.” I stopped my words after noticing that Bora is now looking at me. She’s looking at me with that anger on her face. So i just turn my face to Kai.

“Ah yeah, i almost forgot.” I land him his book.

“Thankyou” He said that to me

“I was supposed the one who say that” I giggled. “Thankyou, Pizza man.”

“Ya! Don’t call me that!” He laughed and looked at me.

I don’t know what to do, so i just blurted out what’s inside my head.

“I think, i might order one box of pizza later”

“I’ll be the one who deliver to you then.” He nodded and putting his serious face.

And i burst into  laughter.

But then i remember something, so i stopped laughing.

“Why? What is it?” He asked me.

“Minho’s not home, i can’t buy a pizza. Aish.” I sighed.

“Where is he? He used to be with you 24/7” He asked me confusely.

“He’s watching Sulli practice. He’s too afraid to see his crush fall. You heard the story of the girl broke her neck because of the Cheerleader practice right? That’s why Minho keep an eye on her because Sulli’s taking that girl’s part.” I explain to him. I somehow expect to see his sincere face. But he suddenly smile so wide that got me so confused.

“Why are you so happy?”

“How about... the Pizza’s on me?” He asked me still with his smile.

“You’re treating me?” I asked him with a big eyes. I’m not sure i’m happy because he treat me or because i’m hungry.

He nodded with enthusiasm.

But when i was about to continue our conversation. Coach blows his whistle, it means he want the whole team to gather in the middle of the court. I turn my head to look at coach, and i could see all the teammates are gathering in the middle. I have to say goodbye to Kai.

“I’ll wait you at the parking lot. It’s near from the gym right? I’ll get a few things from the dance room and I’ll be at the parking lot okay? Just look for a motorcycle there!” He talked to me so fast that makes me stay still to process his words for awhile. He then said the word that i understand.

“Go!” He waved his hand and went to walk to the dance room.

So did I, I went to my teammates.