This Amazing Thing - Kai

Odd

I stop my feet, and he did the same, i was in rage hearing his story. I face him, close enough to sense him breathing heavily. I could still smell the ramen in his face, and that even trigger me to punch him.

 

“You know you did something really wrong don’t you Park Chanyeol?” i’m not actually asking, but i just wanna convice  him so he could feel guilty by this.

 

“I know” he said in a low voice

 

“You should say sorry then! You idiot! Isn’t that too simple? You can’t give her anything else! You are tooking it from her! The most precious thing in this world that actually she’s been keeping her whole life and you’re ruini—“

 

“I KNOW KIM JONG IN” he shouts in front of my face, i was shocked for a second, because remembering the fact that Chanyeol never get mad at small things even it annoys him so much.

 

“IT’S NOT TOTALLY ALL MY FAULT! WE’RE BOTH WASTED, AND YOU KNOW THAT! IT’S ALL BECAUSE OF HER MY HAPPY LIFE WAS RUINED! EVERYT—“ I can’t handle this anymore, i punch Chanyeol in his face, making his mouth bleeds fresh red blood.

 

“You, don’t even have a little disadvantages Chanyeol.” While I point my hands to his face which is on the floor. “She, lost her ity” I speak in his ears with rough whispers while i point my thumb to the back. “She, will be titled a , for ever.” I stop for a while

 

“And you, can make out with the other girls without them knowing you’re not anymore, while her” i bend my head down to him again who is breathing heavily

 

“While her, will be bashed, called a , goes old lonely because there’s no one who wants to accept a who’s filthied by you.”

 

“IT’S ENOUGH, ” I was not aware of his punch right in my face.

 

“I THOUGHT YOU ARE MY FRIEND, DAMN IT” He went back a few step with his wobbly legs, and i could see tears trickled down his face.

 

“I thought we were” I reply with a smirk

 

“I’m sorry, but i still choose her side” I finished my word, and when i was about to walk to the other side of the hall without even realize there’s been many people watching us quarrel i feel someone hit my back head with something hard. All the last thing i saw is nothing, all pitch black.

 

 

“Umma, I’m sorry i lost my book in school. Teacher said that I have to buy another one, or she will sent you letter to buy the book forcefully” I asked her while tugging her clothes while she’s cooking for dinner.

 

“What book did you lost Nini...? Tell umma, and umma will bring you the same exact book you lost” I saw my mom tired face when she bend her knees down and ruffled my hair.

 

“It’s not about what i want umma... Nini knows we don’t have the money to buy that book again.. Umma” I was about to cry but i take back my tears. Even when i was a kid i never want to make my mom feels down.

 

“It’s okay Jongin-ah, Umma will work harder tomorrow so Nini can buy new books okay?” She smiled and kissed my forehead.

 

The next night, i waited for my mother to come home. My mom did prepare me food, and that time i was on the 6th grade, so i was clever enough to heat food in the microwave. That night i vow to myself that i wouldn’t eat until my mom come home. And i did, I study in the kitchen, to wait for my mom, and the last thing i remember i woke up because of my stomach gurggling and a glorious smell of food.

 

I saw mom behind me cooking, then i saw the clock it was 11.30 at night. I know why mom come this late, because she was working hard to buy me new books. Despite the hunger, I ran to her, and hug her from behind. And she instantly spin her body and bend her knees and hug me. She put her face on my shoulder. She hugged me so tightly that time.

 

“Jonginiee! Umma have a present for you!” She run through the kitchen to the living room where she put her bag and take something out.

 

“It’s your lost bookss!!” She hand me the book i was finding and to my suprise she brought me something else

 

“Here it is, your ipod. Umma knows you really love to dance. Mianhe if you should dance inside the mall so you could hear the music. But today, problem solved! Nini can dance at home, with the ipod and songs Umma downloaded for Nini!” She smiled widely and hugged me once more.

 

While she was hugging me she asked me. “Ya, you’re not happy with it don’t you?” She release her hug from me. And she was shocked when she saw me crying, with puddle of tears on my face.

 

“Jonginie... Whyy..?” She asked softly

 

“Umma, mianhe” I sniff several time.

 

“What is it, Jongin-ah?” She asked curiously

 

“I’m sorry for being a load on your shoulder, I’m sorry umma can’t be pretty with make up because of me, I’m sorry for living, mianhe” I cried a lot, i sniffed, i can’t handle it and i hugged my beautiful mother. She cried too.

 

“I love you Jonginie” She stopped “You’re the best gift umma have ever received from God. You’re not even a load to umma, not even a glimpse. You’re an angel” She said that while she wiped my tears.

 

“Umma, Saranghae” i cried again “Jinjja, Saranghae”

 

 

But suddenly the face of her fade away, and i could feel some freezing feeling behind my back and my mouth. I blinked several time, i tried to get up, but i feel something is holding me down. I feel like my backside of my body were cramped, i can’t even feel or make move. I was frustate with the situation, and until i saw her.

 

She was sitting beside me. Well, not so beside me for precisely. She was sitting across from the room, watching me.

 

“You can’t move, because they’re putting those ice pack right in your nerve.” She stopped for awhile. “That’s why you can’t  get up, and by that i can conclude the nurses are stupid” She knit a simple smile.

 

“What about you then?”  I nerve myself to ask her. “Why are you here when you know the nurse are stupid enough?”

 

“Can’t you see I’m treating myself right now?” She asked me with a confused voice. “Oh yeah i forgot you can’t move you head” I could hear her stomping her feet to the ground, and i think she’s coming my way.

 

“Here, let me help....” She took the ice pack from the back of my head

 

“Ouch! Aw!”
“Sorry, a little bit more, the ice pack’s kind of big..... Okay there you go.”

 

She throws the icepack on the table, and smiled at me. I don’t know because she was satisfied by what she do, but that was the most beatiful smile i ever see. I can’t help it and i feel my cheeks burn even tho the icepack just got away from my body for like a few second.

 

“Krystal” She offers me her hand

 

I shook my head from where i was seeing. I was seeing the floor the whole time because i was shy, and i never have the feelings of this before, it’s Odd.

 

“Oh yes, I’m Kai” I reply her groggily.

 

“Thankyou” She said with a wide smile, while she sits beside my bed

 

“For what?” I think harder, i don’t know what i did to her, i just basically know her today.

 

“For defending my friend even tho you don’t know her, even tho he was your friend, you’re still defending the truth, and it’s worth a thankyou.” She patted my shoulder

 

Ah i remember now, there’s people who saw me fight like a cat and dog with Chanyeol in the hallway. I think they heard some of my conversations with him.

 

“Ho..How could you know?” I asked her.

 

“There’s this two amazing things called ear, they could hear what people say” She giggled, and i laughed. But then i hissed because the pain on my backhead is still aching till now.

 

“What about you? Why are you here? Unfortunately my amazing thing called brain doesn’t work after Chanyeol, I think? Hit me on my back head”

 

“First, yes it was Chanyeol that hitted you with the wooden chair that is putted outside the class. And second I was here because i tripped and fall down, and as you can see, i’m here bleeding, and i’m taking care of my own bleeding legs right now” She point her right hand to her legs with a small chuckle.

 

I hover my head under my bed and i saw her white legs with stains of blood, and i was shocked. I instantly stood up bent my legs to see the wound. I pushed her hand that is holding a tissue to cover the wound, and i panickly grab the first aid box that stood silently on the table. I opened it, and find for some alchohol.

 

I crumpled some cotton and dip some alcohol to it. I come spin my body to Krystal. I predict that she will scream because she’s scared of the pain. But then my prediction went wrong.

 

“What? Go on. Or should i do that by myself?” Krystal is about to take the cotton and alcohol from my hand and i shook my head and start to treat her.

 

She is so calm like the deep ocean. She didn’t even shout, or cry. I could just see her knuckles tighten on the edge of the bed she now sitting. And it’s odd. I’ve been living for 17 years and never saw a girl that wouldn’t act like they’re hurt infront of me when they’re actually suffering a small bruises. I clean her legs, and one time she hiss. I could understand why because the big wound i’m cleaning now have a little more dirt than the other bruise i’m cleaning.

 

I feel like i have to do something, so i try to talked to her to calm her down and forgot the pain for a while.

 

“Soooo, it would be a good thing if you can tell me how do you get this bruises” I asked with a little bit of chuckle.

 

“I was running on the parking lot, and i didn’t realise that there’s this big rock. It’s a shame that time this amazing thing called eyes didn’t work so good, maybe it’s because my brains were panicking that time.” She laughes while she point her eyes with his right hand.

 

“What are you panicking at?” i ask curiously.

 

“Today’s Friday, it’s inspection day. Don’t you remember?” I stood up because i finished wiping the dirt and wrap her legs with white bandages. I put my confused face to her.

 

“And why are you on the parking lot?” I asked even more curious

 

“I.. did somethings... yea you know.. that thing.. um...—“

 

She didn’t finish her word because the door’s roughly open. It was Minho, that masculine guy who beated Chanyeol in the canteen.

 

“Ungsoo-ah!” He called her. 

 

He then notice me who was standing beside Krystal.

 

“Ah, ye.. Choi Minho” He offer his hand to me.

 

Ah, i just remember. He’s our vice president of student council. He’s so different from far away, and he’s way too different when he hit Chanyeol. I could only see his diplomatic features in school.  But i never thought it was him the one who can’t handle the situation like he always did as a vice president of a student council.

 

“Kai” I reply with a small smile, and put my hand at the back of my head.

 

“Yah, you okay? I saw you on the cctv in principle’s room before heading here, i bet you’re hurting so bad don’t you? The chair broke to pieces when it hits you. Thank God your neck didn’t break.” He chuckles and and ruffled my hair. It’s fair to do that, he’s my senior afterall, and he’s showing his caring side to one of his junior.

 

“Thankyou, I’m okay. Krystal’s the one not okay”

 

I saw her changed her face instantly and told me to shut up by her hand gestures. Minho look down to her legs and meet her eyes again.

 

“Ya, you can walk? You can still play basket with that?” He ask miserably

 

“I’m not a baby, it’s just small...”

 

I drift to my thoughts, not hearing her words.

 

I feel something’s weird here. From the first time i saw Minho defending Krystal, and tries to punched Chanyeol, and he ruffled my hair it shows like he’s a caring person. But not this time, Minho didn’t even asked why she got hurt. And one more thing i was confused, how could he be in principle’s room?

 

“Ya, you okay?” Minho punch me gently in my chest. And i feel something burn in my chest, it feels so odd when i saw Krystal is now on Minho’s arm, she’s linking her hand with him. And she’s leaning her whole body to him.

 

“Ya, sure. I’m okay. Whole-ly Okay” i told him with a fake smile and my one thumbs up.

 

“Hmm, you weird” Minho scoff with a smile

 

“I’ll see you later okay?” Suddenly Krystal’s voice creep throughh my ears.

 

“A...ah.. yes.. okay.. See you later!” I wave my hand to them who are now walking through the clinic door side by side.

 

Weird i said.

 

It’s weird enough until i didn’t even realize that i’m putting my right arm on my heart.

 

I feel something is burning.

 

I feel something’s bad going to happen next.

 

I feel....

 

Odd.