Pond - Krystal

Odd

"Minho! Stop!" I try to pull Minho's arm to stop him from getting away from anger.

"What? What should i do? Stop? while seeing one of my friend, and YOUR friend tortured by her guilty feeling while actually it's not even her fault! God damn it Krystal I can't control this anymore! You know we should report this to-" I cut his words 

"No! we can't! If we report him, they'll spread the rumors that Sulli is a , a who wants to pleasure all drunked boys! I'll never want that words creep on my bestfriend's ear! No!" I shouted.

"Do you have any better idea?! What if because this guilty feeling she's been through she'll commit suicide? What if she lost her confidence? What if she looses her big smile? What -" I cut him again for the second time 

"And what if she got more depressed if she's titled as a , a baby murderer, ?! You don't feel what girls feel Choi Minho! I know her, go on just say I'm stupid because i got no better ideas on defending her, but what about you? You yourself can't even defend her! If you think priciple, school, police could defend her, you're wrong! You're just making it worst, and maybe one day she'll hate you for what have you've done!" I speak as loud as i could and let a shout went through my lungs. I feel some tears trickle down my cheeks. I cry, because i feel burdened about this. I don't know what to do, i just want my best friend to be safe, that's it. I just want everything went back to the way it was. 

I could feel his warm hands around me. He hugged me so gently, and i feel relaxed this time. And I thank God for this arm who's always be with me since i was born, i thank God for him, for Choi Minho my bestfriend, neighborhood, brother who always been there through my hard times in my family, through tears of broken heart, and through tears of feeling burdened like this. I love him, i love him so much, and i know he loves me too. We did confess each other, but it's love of a brother and a sister. He's so protective to me that makes me feel safe around him, that makes me feel doubtless about everything in this world.

“Hey, want some fresh air?” He said with a calming voice

“What, the pond again?” I reply with a small chuckle while i sniff several time.

“No! It’s not a pond! It’s a lake, Ungsoo! He ruffle my hair, in a harsh way, in a really, really harsh way, it even makes my hair looks like a lion’s mane.

“Ya! Stop it! I just wash my hand this morning! Ish, and one more, i don’t like you called me that name!” I pouted my face, cross both of my hand infront of my chest

“So what? You’ll wash it again anyway?” He sounded confuse

“I will, i just don’t want my hair to be touch by a filthy hands like yours that just punch someone’s face! Race you to the pond!” I forgot “Lake!” I giggled, and run as fast as i could, and he follows me on my back.

“Ya! It’s not polite to say things like that Jung-ah!” He shouted while running

“Who cares?” I laughed so hard.

 

It was a perfect day to enjoy the sun. The weather’s nice and there’s plenty of clouds that makes the lake even more perfect. The lake is our secret hideout since i was grade 6 and he’s grade 9. Yep, we’re 3 years apart, but the amazing thing is we never broke this friendship since i was born. I was born in 23 December and he was in 24th December, it’s not like my mom hold me inside her tummy for several weeks to be born the same day as Minho did, but it was a coincidence. Me and Minho grew up with our beloved single parents, me with my dad, Minho with his  mom and we grew up being neighbors, and it was fun.

We never asked our parents why they were so close to each other, we just think that they are having the same relationship like us, being best friends and support each others from falling down. We do our annual holidays together, eat dinner together, fix things in our houses together, we do things together. My dad and his mom complete each other, Minho’s mom could cook delicious food, and my dad could fix everything in our house with his hand. And they even work together for our living, they open a restaurant together and today my dad become a great buisness man who goes around the world to become a consultant on high class restaurants.

And now I’m here with Minho and his mom living in our house happily without any doubt that dad would comeback someday after he finished his work and eat together with us like the old days. We still do the skype thing every night and sometimes i refused my dad to do the skype with me because I know exactly that he’s super tired. But, that’s why i love my dad, i always talk to him before i go to sleep, Minho sometimes company me talking to Dad at night when he can’t fall asleep because of the rain [p.s. he’s masculine tho, but he’s super afraid to the sound of a thunder]

Sometimes people around school are confused how me and Minho could get so close when actually we’re actually friends, and we live in the same roof. Well actually, not so the same roof. My house and Minho’s are side by side with a small yard that split our territories back then. But by time my dad and his mom that work together decide to make bridge between Minho’s room and my room because they both said that they will work extra hard that time and will rarely went home so they build this bridge to connect mine and Minho’s room so there’s no time when Minho can’t barge into my room if he’s afraid of thunder. Oh and one more thing, Minho really support the idea of the bridge, it helps him to avoid the rain and we got to see each other super often.

That’s the first best gift dad give to Minho and me when i was 10 and he was 13. The second gift is, Dad built a basketball court at the back of our houses. I was still 12 that time that I didn’t realize yet that basketball is actually for boys to pay not for a girl like me. I fell in love with basketball when Minho dragged me to the basketball court in our neighborhood. First i was not impressed at all, but then i saw someone who comes in the basketball court, and plays the ball like they’re being soulmate to each other. He could do many tricks, that time i didn’t know what the name is, but now i know it’s called cross-over when he’s dribbling the ball, he do the jump shoot too, and many thing that i learn from him that day. I was so amazed, and i found out that his name was Lu Han.

Because that first impression of basketball, me and Minho learned basketball through internet, and we even collect our money to have basketball course together. The good thing is my dad and Minho’s mom support us so well, they buy us a small hoop that can be hanged by the door so everytime i was bored, i could just trained my hands by shooting the ball.
 

And i was so happy when on my 12th birthday my dad make a private basketball court at the back of our house. Minho was 15th that time he was on his best years of learning new things. And sure it is, today he was the Captain of our prestigious basketball school team, and as for me I’ve been picked as a captain as well, but i could sense the senior burning face with anger when the teacher is about to choose me. So i said no because i was only in my freshman year, i just wanna enjoy the ride with the fun and without being burdened with our school name that i should always carry on, because that’s what Captains do, becoming the visuals of our school. And i think Bora is perfect to be the captain.

 

Thinking about basketball I always come to the point when i do the flashback 3 years ago when i was 12 years old, and Minho was 15. We were tired from playing basketball that evening, we could even see the sun is coming down. I was so tired but then i should bring my bag, bottle, shoe bag, and my basketballs so i could practice at home. It was okay the first time until i trip to this little rock and accidently threw those balls to the bushes below the parking lot. I was scared taking the ball, so i called Minho to get the ball for me so incase he can’t go out from the steepy land, i could call for someone’s help. So he did, he slide through the steep grass and grab the ball that are under the bushes. But then there’s something that makes him stop. He call me to get down and I refused it the first time but then he threw the ball to me and make his own way through the bushes. He sure can’t get through the bushes because it was to thick, so he took a step back and read the situation, i could see his serious face that time.

Recognizing there was a tree inside those bushes, Minho climbed the big tree even though he had to shove the rough bushes from his face. After he reach the top the tree he then jump down and i could hear a thud. Then, silence for like a minute. I was worried if he died or faint or sprain his ankle but then those worries fade away when i saw my phone flash on and i got a text from Minho sending a photo. It’s not his photo, but it’s a beautiful scenario of a sunset. I instantly fall in love with that picture, and i read Minho’s message to come to him. So i ran to the tree and give my last energy to climb. And when i was on the top of it, i was satisfied by the view. It was so beautiful, i couldn’t resist to stay.
 

I jump from the tree and run to Minho who was sitting by the lake, he was closing his eyes with a big smile on his face while enjoying the sun kissing his skin. I do the same thing like he do. There was silence, It’s not an awkward one because we do this silence many time when we were on our vacations while visiting beautiful scenery.

I was waken up by his deep voice, and i could see his eye looking through mine.

“Hey, you’ve been sleeping for hours, sleepy-head”

“Really? I feel it was like only 30 minutes ago tho” I feel confused because the sun is still up. And i realise he’s tricking me.  “Ya! I’m dreaming about you! Can’t you even appreciate that?” i pouted my mouth and hit him in the chest as hard as i could.

“What? Dreaming about you torturing me, while you’re dragging my beautiful face to the kitchen to be eaten by you and your dad?” He chuckled while he put his hands on my head and strangle me to his tickles.

“Stop it, Choi freaking Minho!” I laughed because he knows me so much where my ticklish part is.

But then in all of a sudden he stopped because he could hear his phone ringing. He then loosen his grip from me and he answer the phone.

“Minho-ya! Where are you? Where’s Krystal? You should go back  to school! Where is she! I’m finding her everywhere but there’s –-“ Minho stop her who was on the end of the call.

“Ya ya ya ya, what is it, speak calmly so i can understand you –“

“IT’S THE INSPECTION DAY YOU IDIOT, IT’S FRIDAY. IT’S WHEN YOU AND YOUR WHOLE BODY SHOULD BE ON CLASS AND WILL BE INSPECTED FOR THEIR TIDYNESS, COMPLETE UNIFORMS, AND FIXED NAIL, YOU STUPID” By that voice i could sense the caller, Sulli.

“" Minho said while looking at me with his phone still on his ears. His eyes getting bigger and gulped. I was still on my relaxed face until i ask him finally.

“What?” i asked.

“You know what you should do, Sulli ” He said with his phone on his ears, and i just realised he’s talking to Sulli not me. There was a silence for a second and he begin to speak again. “Diversion” He said with his deep voice.