CHAPTER:8

i could be her if you let me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TQ for vote jsy184

  CHAPTER:8


It was during MAMA Awards when I finally got to see Tiffany. Me and hyuna  did a performance. And Tiffany did an amazing one.
I couldn't read her anymore. Though, I could tell that her performance was about taeyeon. And she was so tearful while performing, it was heartbreaking.
I tried to approach her during the show but it was impossible -- until the afterparty.

I bid goodbye to 4MINUTE member and headed towards tiffany's table. I also noticed SUNNY was there too.
"Hey," I greeted.
"jessi, I didn't see you there," tiffany said with a reluctant voice.
"I texted you. I don't know if you received them," I said casually.

sunny suddenly coughed and interrupted, "Excuse me."
Then sunny stood up and left after she glared at me. I could literally feel a sense of familiarity as she passed by me.
"What's wrong with sunny?" I asked the moment sunny was gone.
I sat in front of tiffany and ate the chips on the table.

"Nothing," she immediately answered. "Maybe she just saw something unpleasant."
I wondered about that too. It could be someone. yuri was there. And I'm friends with her.
"You were amazing out there," I said, praising her performance.
"Thanks," she said back and smiled. God, she looked so effortlessly beautiful.
"tiff, I . .," I stuttered. Then I drank her glass of champagne.
"Hey! That was mine!" she exclaimed.
"Sorry, I needed that," I said.
"You better be grateful you didn't choke," she joked. Then I could see her smile on full display again. And I felt better.
"I miss you," the words finally slurred from my mouth.
Tiffany fell silent. And her beautiful smile had now turned into a frown.
"jessi," she said slowly.
"Hm?"

A waiter placed two new glasses of champagne before us and left. Then Tiffany took a sip. And exhaled.
"I think we should stop being friends," she finished. Then she looked at me with her piercing eyes.
It was like a glass-shattering moment. Except, there wasn't any glass.
"Why?" Was all I could mutter.
"I can't do whys," Tiffany answered back.
"Why?" I exclaimed, lost.
"Wait, why I can't do whys or why we should stop being friends?"
"I. . I don't know. Both??!" I said abruptly, starting to get a higher tone of voice.
"I just don't do whys, okay? Why can't you get it?" she spat back, her voice rising too.
"Well, sometimes you just have to," I said back.
"What's happening here?" sunny interrupted.
"Oh good, you're here, sunny. Let's leave," Tiffany said as she stood and grabbed sunny's hand.
"Wait!" I shouted. "Are you mad at me or something? Is this about taeyeon?"
tiffany shushed me out. And they left.
I was supposed to follow them but my back was suddenly grabbed by someone. Then I saw an enraged CL behind me.
"CL," I muttered.
The next thing I saw were hers fist and then darkness.


"Ow!" I shrieked.
"Sorry," yuri said. yuri was tending to my bruise in the hotel we stayed in.
I got a bruise beside my eye and it hurt like hell.
"I just don't know why CL was still after me," I stammered. "Unless dara was still hiding from her."
"Don't worry, I'll reason it out with her," yuri whispered.
"Thanks, Yul, I appreciate it."

A knock outside startled us. It was Hyuna.
"Hey, ," she greeted as she entered the room. Then she looked at me. "How're you doing?"
I snorted. "I'll be fine."

Then it all came back to me. The memory of Tiffany dumping me as a friend, which was kind of punched out from my system for a short time because of CL.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter