CHAPTER:12

i could be her if you let me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


                                               CHAPTER;12

 

 

         "You were a hero back there," Hyuna whispered as she clapped my shoulder, hers cheeky smile on full display.
         snorted, "Why do you always have to be the unsung hero? I mean, they didn't even notice it was you who saved her."
                        We were packing our wet clothes into ziplocks to stash inside our bags.


     I just shrugged and smiled as we began walking towards the next destination. It was the last stop though. And I was glad the unexpected trip was going to be over soon.
   As I walked further into the forest kicking pebbles along the way, I looked absentmindedly to my right and saw tiffany and nickhun still hugging each other, although they had now changed into fresh and dry   clothes. But it didn't matter anymore. I knew I had no right to be jealous. I knew I didn't have any right at all. tiffany wasn't even my best friend anymore. And maybe that's just something I'd have to live with.
  It seemed like only yesterday that I thought we were in love with each other. I admit there were some times, as we found ourselves staring into each other's eyes, that I wondered if we were desperately   trying to say the words that were so suppressed inside our heads. I laughed on the memory. It turned out that I was the only one thinking. And she had other else on her mind. 
  I regret on how much I had to make up for all the lost things I have been missing in my life ever since I fell in love and got lost in another world.


 We all get to be in love. We all get to be happy. We also get heartbreaks in our lives. And these heartbreaks will make us realize that maybe we're just trying too hard to settle for a person that we didn't  deserve in the first place.
 So I tried to take the past the happy way. But I knew it was going to be a failure the moment I've decided to. Maybe because I still love tiffany. And I needed time to move on. Time was never my bestfriend.
 We have already reached our destination. It was a cliff overlooking the clouds and the high mountains and the reddest orange sky I have ever seen. It was an amazing view. A picturesque one. And the sun  was about to set. And there was a gentle breeze.
 Everyone was taking out his or her cameras and phones. And they all took selfies, photographs that are going to be cherished by some and forgotten by others.
 If I was a photographer, I would have the perfect setting at the moment, with the perfect subjects, with the perfect emotions intended to produce from the picture itself. Because there I was, focusing my  camera at the sunset before me. Adjusting the lens to zoom the view, two figures managed to get inside my frame. They were kissing. Passionately, I must add. I felt a familiar sensation in the pit of my  stomach. I exhaled and shook my head. Then I courageously pushed the click button.
 Snap! 

 And I stared at the output on the screen of my camera.
 tiffany and nickhun looked perfect together. And it hurt me. Not because I felt jealous. But I knew I'd never have that kind of relationship with anyone.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter