CHAPTER:13

i could be her if you let me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  #FlywithJessica #Dontforgettovote

 
Two months had already gone by since that accident Tiffany had. It's both weird and sad how the person who gave you, probably, the best memories you'd ever have in your life, had now become a memory itself. And the saddest part about it was you couldn't do anything about it.
It was a Wednesday afternoon when I bumped to sunny. I was heading to a condominium unit of mine to spend some time to relax.
Ding! The elevator rang.

I entered the elevator just as soon as it opened. There were no occupants inside. So I hurriedly pushed the close button.
Then a slender arm lunged inside the doors to prevent the elevator from closing. I immediately pushed the open button to help.
Then sunny emerged. She was wearing a long brown coat and red stilettos. She was surprised to see me just as much as I was. I haven't seen her since two months ago.
I heard sunny muttered Thank you as she turned her back at me.

The ride inside the elevator was excruciating. We barely talked. It's not that I didn't actually care and we were never friends anyway but she was sunny. And I used to idolize her too.
Then the elevator shook. I grabbed the nearest railing to hold myself. sunny gave a mild shriek. The light above us flickered as the elevator continued to shake. Then darkness. The elevator stopped moving. All we could hear was whizzing electrical wiring above us and our elevated breathings.
"Was that an earthquake?" sunny suddenly asked.
My eyes squinted against the darkness and after two seconds, I could see her eyes filled with fear and her trembling shoulders.
"Yes, that was a strong one," I absentmindedly said. Then I leaned towards her and touched her shoulder.
"We're going to be fine. Don't worry," I comforted her. Even though I wasn't even sure if there was going to be an aftershock after that. And aftershocks, I believed, were the stronger ones.
I went to the controller and clicked the emergency call button. No luck. It was as if the entire building had gone off.
I pulled my phone from my pocket.
"No signal," I mumbled.
"Mine too,"sunny said.

I shook my head. "I just hope it's not that bad."
Then sunny smiled. It was kind of comforting for awhile. Tragedies can really get people to forget everything between them and act compassionately.
It had been almost an hour since the shaking. sunny and I were already sitting on the cold floor, tapping on our phones, waiting for that signal to come up.
"How's tiffanyy?" I suddenly asked.
sunny was taken aback. Maybe it was because of the earthquake, she kindly responded to my unnecessary question.
"She's doing fine," sunny answered. "Why do you ask?"
I stiffened and gulped. "It was just a question, really. I was just asking to ask."
Then there was awkward silence for two minutes until sunny broke it.
"jessica, if you don't mind me asking," sunny paused. Then she looked at me with her eyes and I thought she was serious. "Are you being honest with tiffany or are you only playing with her?"
I chuckled. "What kind of a question is that?"
sunny smiled. "Well, we might die now. Might as well just tell the truth."
I smiled back. And sighed. "It's not gonna matter."
"What is?"

"What I feel towards her."
"What made you say that?"
"sunny, I've tried. I admitted my feelings. I was being honest. But sometimes, love and honesty can't make someone love you back."
sunny fell silent.
"And she's with nickhun now. And I should be happy for her. But. . . No matter how much I try to, I can't escape those thoughts that maybe they'll break up one day. And I know it's selfish but that's what I think sometimes."
I gave out a small chuckle. Then I shook my head.
"tiffany's the best thing that ever happened to my life. But I wasn't in hers."
"What about Sandara park then?"
I was taken a lot by surprise. "What about Sandara park?"
"Well, you have a thing for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter