CHAPTER:6

i could be her if you let me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  CHAPTER:6


I must have already drunk five shots of tequila at the counter. Everyone around me was moving into a blur. The loud music was blaring from the speakers. The colorful neon lights shone the dancers on the dance floor. Then I saw Tiffany. She was sitting on the black couch, talking to her friends. Then another girl went towards them and pulled her for a conversation, to which she gladly obliged. I think the girl was the dj.

I don't know what I'm feeling anymore. It seemed like I got so hurt, I had become numb.
I swallowed another shot. Now, my legs felt like jelly.
I shouldn't be doing this. I should have stayed home and did other stuff other than be in love with tiffany. I shouldn't have met her in the first place. I shouldn't have went to that corridor and listened to her wallow. I shouldn't have stared at those amazing beautiful eyes of hers.
But I did. And I think I just had to accept the fact that she wouldn't feel the same way, that I didn't matter to her as she had to me, that I was basically just her friend.

As I grabbed another shot of tequila, a warm hand touched mine.
"You better slow down there. The night's still young."
It was a girl's voice.
I focused my eyes to look at where the voice came from. And a pretty girl with a blonde hair came into view. I thought I recognized her from somewhere.
I smiled back. "Well, I just want to forget something."

Then she smirked. "Pretty sure, you're going to remember that tomorrow. With a massive headache, I might add."
I laughed. "Well, it's the only thing I know."

Then she giggled. I just noticed that she had a sweet unique voice.
"God, people nowadays." Then she gulped her bottle of beer.
"So, you're just drinking for nothing?" I asked, trying to balance myself by the counter.
"Maybe," she flirted. "Or maybe not."
I stared at her in disbelief. But it was a good stare, to be honest. At least for a while, she did make me forget about tiffany, which the tequila had failed to do.

"How stupid of me," I spluttered. "I'm Jessica."
I offered my hand for her to shake. Then she smiled as she took it.
"Dara." Then she walked away.

I must have puked everything I have drunk that night in the alleyway. Then I rested myself against the cold wall nearby and felt so worthless.
My vision was still hazy. But it wasn't like as before.
Then I slowly took a seat on the ground. I looked at the back door of the club and I swear I could make out a slender figure looming towards me.
"jessi?" It was a familiar voice. "Oh my God, what happened to you?"
It was Tiffany
.
I couldn't find my voice. I think I just mumbled gibberish ones.
She helped me get on my feet as she carried me by her shoulders. Her warm body pressed against mine made me remember the other night before. And the scent of her hair. I think I was already dreaming.
She led me to the parking area with difficulty. I dragged myself along, trying to lessen the load she was carrying. But I really wasn't helping at all. My knees wouldn't seem to cooperate.
As we reached her car, she pushed my back against it for support. But it took her long to realize that we were still staring against each other's eyes, our faces mere inches away, our bodies pressed.
Then she shook her head and pulled a key from her purse.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter